Tekken 4 PlayStation 2

• Publisher: Namco
  • Release Date: Sep 23, 2002
8.3

Nov 19, 2002
    Doesn't even come close to Tekken Tag, a few steps backward for the series IMO. It has a couple cool new characters and the 3d arenas are ~okay~ but just dont feel like Tekken. Rental.
  2. ZiggyStardust
    Oct 29, 2002
    It's a highly disappointing sequel in a great series. Dare I say, they've broken Tekken? Maybe I won't go that far, but it's definately not the pinnacle of the series like I was hoping for. The 3rd dimension is not really incoorporated into the gameplay and strategy. Side stepping is too slow, and ineffective. T4 is also in dire need of some longevity. The 1 player It's a highly disappointing sequel in a great series. Dare I say, they've broken Tekken? Maybe I won't go that far, but it's definately not the pinnacle of the series like I was hoping for. The 3rd dimension is not really incoorporated into the gameplay and strategy. Side stepping is too slow, and ineffective. T4 is also in dire need of some longevity. The 1 player game is sorely lacking in options, modes and rewards. And once again the computer AI puts up a pathetic fight. Another disappointment is the Jennifer Lopez look-alike character. She's really just Eddy with a different skin. Overall the whole game feels rushed onto the shelves. It's basically a rehash, while making many bad design desisions. Expand
  3. ShawnT.
    May 18, 2003
    This game is good but deadly alliance owns it.
  4. DavidS.
    Sep 26, 2002
    Great game but as the critics say, not much innovation. Needed more new characters, and I'm ticked they changed Jin so much. VF4 is a better game.
  5. Jul 22, 2014
    Unlike the other Tekken games, this game has nothing fantastical about it. It's all too realistic. Though bashing people into things is fun. This is a Tekken game, except without all of the things thank you think Tekken should have.

#12 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#3 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

The series could use a bit more depth and original features, but its pedigree as a top-ranked fighter remains intact.
  2. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    Feels stale and rehashed. In a lot of ways, this is pretty much the same game we've been playing since 1997, but without the refinement of "Tekken 3" or the added team complexity of "Tekken Tag Tournament." [Oct 2002, p.190]
  3. netjak
    I have to say that I personally liked this better than "VF4," but they were both a bit disappointing overall.