• Publisher: Namco
  • Release Date: Sep 23, 2002
7.9

1. Feb 28, 2013
    Tekken 4 is a very good fighting game, which brought fresh air to the tekken series. I like the graphics and animations but 21 characters are too few.
  2. Nov 26, 2011
    I enjoyed it but it feels like a step backward for the series. When you compare it to Tekken 3, it just doesn't feel as fun. It does have a few good reasons to play it though such as its fast combat.
  3. May 7, 2012
    i believe this game revolutionized the Tekken franchise. It had, by far, the best realistic stages of any fighting game, best Tekken story but didn't have that big of a roster. I really wish the franchise would go back into the Tekken 4 stages because it was amazing. Also, it's soundtrack is amazing. Not as good as Tekken 3 but its up their.
  4. Feb 2, 2014
    My favorite that the ps2 had to offer. Best artistic cinematic approach. People could actually take these characters seriously (despite the bears) ,different story lines ending with different end bosses. Best Tekken track to date. Interesting battle zones. Switch maneuvers and breakable objects. People complained about competitive play for Jin having overpowered moves that easily dominatedMy favorite that the ps2 had to offer. Best artistic cinematic approach. People could actually take these characters seriously (despite the bears) ,different story lines ending with different end bosses. Best Tekken track to date. Interesting battle zones. Switch maneuvers and breakable objects. People complained about competitive play for Jin having overpowered moves that easily dominated matches. With that all i agree, but i dont agree that people complained about the stages. They were innovative and something new. I wish the developers would really remake some stages & songs for their future Tekken titles. Expand
  5. Sep 3, 2014
    I love this game so much and i rated this game 9.9/10.This game has all my favourite characters,moves,stages and combos.I really like the graphics,the storyline and the challenges.I am a huge fan of Tekken and this game is amazing to play at home.

The series could use a bit more depth and original features, but its pedigree as a top-ranked fighter remains intact.
  2. Feels stale and rehashed. In a lot of ways, this is pretty much the same game we've been playing since 1997, but without the refinement of "Tekken 3" or the added team complexity of "Tekken Tag Tournament." [Oct 2002, p.190]
    I have to say that I personally liked this better than "VF4," but they were both a bit disappointing overall.