• Publisher: Namco
  • Release Date: Feb 24, 2005
8.7

1. May 18, 2015
  2. Jul 15, 2011
    Effective fighter, and good gameplay is worth the play by new gamers that want fighter's. Great catalog of good fighters in it which is fine. The bad thing is that is to slow the scheme, and frustrating. Tekken is classic followed by tekken 3 , but tekken 5 fails to do dome stuff, but not in the big way.
  3. Apr 23, 2011
    It's not the best of the series, but Tekken 5 still offers refined gameplay and some great new features. Pros: Beautiful graphics; stunning level design; variety of fantastic characters; a lot of extras, including Tekken 1-3. Cons: Lacks the innovation its competitors are shrouded in; sluggish adventure mode; no online play.
  4. Sep 3, 2016
    Tekken 5 is a fighting game developed and published by Namco. It is the fifth canonical installment, and sixth main installment, in the popular Tekken series.

+ One of the Best Fighting Game of PS2
    + Excellent Graphics
    + Ending Cutcenes
    + Devil Within
    + Excellent Rooster
    + Ranking and Customization
  5. Feb 26, 2013
    The best fighting game to date. For me it tops even Tekken 3. Great graphics, smooth animations, many characters and the gameplay is superb. Tops every other fighting game.
  6. Aug 19, 2013
    the best tekken ever with amazing visuals and so many characters to choose from it is just amazing the only bad thing about this game is the final boss he is so cheap and so difficult even on the easier difficulties but still the best tekken ever
  7. ERB
    Jul 31, 2013
    Obviously one of the best fighting games you will ever play.Characters are awesome and action and arcade mode are the best.I mean when you beat your enemy you got too see how you beat him with slow motion effects.They should do that in other fighting games too.
  8. May 2, 2015
  9. Oct 3, 2015
    Pelea , pelea , pelea y mas peleas y sin aburrirte . El mejor Tekken de la historia disfrutas con variedad de combos y personajes (estate-farios , normales y tias sacados de un anime erótico) LO TIENE TODO !
  10. Mar 10, 2016
    Este jogo é incrível! Eu recebi e ainda não posso parar de jogar. Os gráficos são tão detalhadas para um game e é desafiador, mas divertido e terá que jogar por horas! A história é complexa e profundamente pensado. O melhor jogo que eu já joguei de forma
  11. Oct 8, 2017
    The game that revived the series after the mixed reception of Tekken 4. I love this game.

The graphics were so realistic for the time and were a big improvement over Tekken 4. They looked so impressive. I love the stage designs much more than Tekken 3 and Tekken 4. The soundtrack is THE best out of the series. I dare say it's better than the Tekken 3 arcade soundtrack. The sound effects are brilliant. I love the sound of punches, kicks and deathcries.

The gameplay is better than Tekken 4. It brought back a lot of the original characters and also gave us the original trilogy in arcade form which was really good. It also gave us one of the most famous and hardest final bosses in fighting game history.

I did like the Devil Within mini game but it was too short. The Starlight mini game was disappointing.

It is so much fun. This is a must buy.
  12. Jan 1, 2014
    Tekken 5 I consider worthy farewell to the PS2. Slightly improved graphics compared to its predecessor and a lot of interesting characters. To combat system I just can attach a little because not entirely satisfied me. There were a few things that could be improved but they were trifles. Story is pointless but has anyone ever seen a fight game with a good storyline? Tekken 5 is one of theTekken 5 I consider worthy farewell to the PS2. Slightly improved graphics compared to its predecessor and a lot of interesting characters. To combat system I just can attach a little because not entirely satisfied me. There were a few things that could be improved but they were trifles. Story is pointless but has anyone ever seen a fight game with a good storyline? Tekken 5 is one of the "must have" for the PS2. Expand
  13. May 7, 2012
    The LAST best Tekken game including Dark Resurrection. Hands down everyone. This game went back into its original roots and played similar like Tekken 3. Its soundtrack was also outstanding but not as good as Tekken 3. This game had the most bonus's ever in the franchise. A Devil Within mode, Tekken, Tekken 2 and Tekken 3. Their was also an old shooting game where your in a spacecraft butThe LAST best Tekken game including Dark Resurrection. Hands down everyone. This game went back into its original roots and played similar like Tekken 3. Its soundtrack was also outstanding but not as good as Tekken 3. This game had the most bonus's ever in the franchise. A Devil Within mode, Tekken, Tekken 2 and Tekken 3. Their was also an old shooting game where your in a spacecraft but I forget its name. So its got the bonus's/re-play value completely covered. Story is good and goes into cut scenes involving the fighter your playing. This is the last best Tekken game before it all went downhill. Funny because ever since Tekken went mulitplatform it went downhill. Hopefully they return exclusive to the PlayStation brand. Expand
  14. Jun 3, 2017
    It's a great game, it's possibly mechanically one of the if not the best fighting game for the PS2, however it is incredibly unbalanced and broken in difficulty and AI.

Easy is much more like Hard mode on other Tekken games, it throws you in the deep end. Seemingly the highest ranked AI are sometimes easier than lower ranked AI in Arcade mode and is a lesson in frustration. Other

Other than that issue it's a solid fighter.
  15. Jun 10, 2017
    The best part of Tekken on Playstation 2, and in general the best fighting game for PlayStation 2 in my opinion. In this part of the game we sell all the events and family disassemblies of the Mishima family, watch the fifth iron fist tournament and sell the arcade mode.
  16. Jul 25, 2017
    As close to perfection as you can find in a fighting game. Same legendary balance between complex movesets and accessible controls, fan-freaking-tastic action, and by far the most visually pleasing backgrounds in the series, nay, the entire genre. It's just like stomping in someone's skull over the Mona Lisa. Plus, the damn thing includes Tekken 1 through 3 on-disc.

Why didn't I give

Why didn't I give it a 10? Because for some reason, Tekken games on the PS2 never supported analog controls. Why?? Sure, you get used to it, but you SHOULDN'T HAVE TO. Some people say the direction controls are tighter on the D-pad... to them I say, go back to 1995 and take Madonna with you.
  17. Apr 4, 2012
    A good fighting game realized by Namco Bandai, who have crafted a good story mode for each character succeeded, more than 25 characters, versions
    Tekken 1-3 and a good mission with Jin Kozama.
  18. Feb 23, 2014
    This game is really good. I'm not a big fan of fighting games but this one gave me a lot of great fun with (and without) friends. Awesome for VS. mode and really enjoyable for single.
  19. Aug 27, 2016
    Tekken 5 is the fighting game classic game that is played only 1 vs 1
    The challenge between friends makes it very exciting . The choice of characters is very wide as their skills .
  20. Apr 30, 2012
    wtf am i seeing!?!?!? intro star fox intro movie fatal frame. graphics looks like star fox/ even tekken 2 is better. Tekken 2 3 and 6 are the best why did they ever make this
  21. Sep 1, 2013
    This game is a master of fighting genre. If not all, the most of the characters are very interesting and if you decide to master one of them it will take a lot of your time and you'll be happy for that. Arenas are good and music is something from nothing, but if you want to fight in a more serious style, turn it off (I did it for a while). The most important you have to know is that youThis game is a master of fighting genre. If not all, the most of the characters are very interesting and if you decide to master one of them it will take a lot of your time and you'll be happy for that. Arenas are good and music is something from nothing, but if you want to fight in a more serious style, turn it off (I did it for a while). The most important you have to know is that you have to be patient, because the game demands patient players or gamers, who have patience and will be very skillful. Namco didn't create TEKKEN for it to be played from everyone. No, Namco made this game to make fans and it actually worked. Expand
  22. Oct 21, 2015
    Tekken 5 is the best 3D fighting game history. Many moves, great history, many possible combos, incredible graphs for the PS2 and the time it was released, a lesson in how to make a great fighting game, many characters, each of them has a great history and all are charismatic, unlike TRASH Virtua Fighter.
  23. Jul 14, 2012
    Well, that's a great fighting game for PS2. The visuals are amazing considering the platform, animations are very good and the combo system is awesome too. Gameplay is harder than its predecessors and that is a great thing, considering they were a little bit easy for hardcore gamers. Another great point of this game is that Tekken, Tekken 2 and Tekken 3 arcade modes are available forWell, that's a great fighting game for PS2. The visuals are amazing considering the platform, animations are very good and the combo system is awesome too. Gameplay is harder than its predecessors and that is a great thing, considering they were a little bit easy for hardcore gamers. Another great point of this game is that Tekken, Tekken 2 and Tekken 3 arcade modes are available for playing, that's good for remembering the old times. Unfortunately there's no online mode, but Tekken 5 is a great game where Namco willed it to be. Expand
  24. Jun 2, 2013
    Why people want easy bosses? Jinpachi is what it was meant to be, a BOSS. Difficult, frustrating, but is the gratest boss on Tekken, and it's even playable on TTT2.
  25. KenT.
    Jun 22, 2005
    Nina, Asuka, and Anna are the most lusty babes i've ever seen in a Video Game....... Until now i stil find Nina as dangerous as ever and Asuka as a very hot teenage babe...harrrrrrrrrr... anyway, the game still rocks as ever and the music has been changed since T4(thank god for that), if you want a very good fighting game the Tekken 5 is the one for you!!!!!!!!!
  26. RenjithR.
    Jan 22, 2005
    It's superb.
  27. ChrisJ.
    Oct 2, 2005
    Tekken 5 is altimately one of the finest namco games ever produced to date. The graphics are smooth, the story lines have improved, humour has been brought into it and new features are available. This is what tekken is renown for but one thing bugs me with this game. I like the way it the attacks are faster but for a long time craftsman tekken user who studies certain tekken moves to beat Tekken 5 is altimately one of the finest namco games ever produced to date. The graphics are smooth, the story lines have improved, humour has been brought into it and new features are available. This is what tekken is renown for but one thing bugs me with this game. I like the way it the attacks are faster but for a long time craftsman tekken user who studies certain tekken moves to beat the computer and my friends, this has now made the game easier for 'beginners' but harder for 'masters' of tekken. Though, there are no glitches in this game (which i heavily applaude), I have to say it is also VERY annoying not being able to play with Jinapchi! The music and general atmosphere of the game has improved with Tekken 5. After all Tekken 4 was a definate flop because of its draining, depressing music. Though no music can beat Tekken Tag Tournament which unarguably drew all players to addiction. I will DEFINITELY buy tekken 6 if that comes out and i am very happy with this result. Expand
  28. Blackheart
    Feb 4, 2005
    The tekken of tekken series. It combines most of the tekken's in one if i may say the BEST tekken game ever. Why? 1.new players 2.advanced property (including jump property) 3.excelent stages 4. New modes and maybe just maybe tag system in konzole version.
  29. BradyY.
    Mar 10, 2005
    Awesome, Better then the rest as always. Tekken 5 carries on the tradtion of being the best fighting game out there!!! Keep em' coming.
  30. Edwin
    Mar 1, 2005
    This is the best tekken ever!!!! watch out evolution!!

#8 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#4 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

From a purely technical standpoint, the frame-rate is rock solid, and the lighting effects are lavish as well, and while not as polished, overall, as the technical achievements of "Dead or Alive Ultimate," come a close second. Matching the visual largesse is a comprehensive features list that does for PS2 what "Dead or Alive Ultimate" did for Xbox.
  2. Fans of the arcade version of Tekken 5 will be happy to see a near flawless port of the game, complete with all of the customization aspects of the arcade game. In addition, you'll find your standard fighting game modes of play, plus an in-depth practice mode, and all three original Tekken arcade titles. Hands down, this is one of the best fighting games available for the PS2.
  3. While some of the extra modes aren't as strong as they could have been, the core fighting is nearly perfect, whether you're playing against other humans or computer-controlled opposition.