Tekken 5 PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Feb 24, 2005
8.7

1. BobStu
    Jan 2, 2009
    For those of you who think it's hard maybe you should actually practice. This game is awesome and it was the best fighting game.10 right here.
  2. Jul 15, 2011
    Effective fighter, and good gameplay is worth the play by new gamers that want fighter's. Great catalog of good fighters in it which is fine. The bad thing is that is to slow the scheme, and frustrating. Tekken is classic followed by tekken 3 , but tekken 5 fails to do dome stuff, but not in the big way.
  3. KenT.
    Jun 22, 2005
    Nina, Asuka, and Anna are the most lusty babes i've ever seen in a Video Game....... Until now i stil find Nina as dangerous as ever and Asuka as a very hot teenage babe...harrrrrrrrrr... anyway, the game still rocks as ever and the music has been changed since T4(thank god for that), if you want a very good fighting game the Tekken 5 is the one for you!!!!!!!!!
  4. RenjithR.
    Jan 22, 2005
    It's superb.
  5. ChrisJ.
    Oct 2, 2005
    Tekken 5 is altimately one of the finest namco games ever produced to date. The graphics are smooth, the story lines have improved, humour has been brought into it and new features are available. This is what tekken is renown for but one thing bugs me with this game. I like the way it the attacks are faster but for a long time craftsman tekken user who studies certain tekken moves to beat Tekken 5 is altimately one of the finest namco games ever produced to date. The graphics are smooth, the story lines have improved, humour has been brought into it and new features are available. This is what tekken is renown for but one thing bugs me with this game. I like the way it the attacks are faster but for a long time craftsman tekken user who studies certain tekken moves to beat the computer and my friends, this has now made the game easier for 'beginners' but harder for 'masters' of tekken. Though, there are no glitches in this game (which i heavily applaude), I have to say it is also VERY annoying not being able to play with Jinapchi! The music and general atmosphere of the game has improved with Tekken 5. After all Tekken 4 was a definate flop because of its draining, depressing music. Though no music can beat Tekken Tag Tournament which unarguably drew all players to addiction. I will DEFINITELY buy tekken 6 if that comes out and i am very happy with this result. Collapse
  6. Blackheart
    Feb 4, 2005
    The tekken of tekken series. It combines most of the tekken's in one if i may say the BEST tekken game ever. Why? 1.new players 2.advanced property (including jump property) 3.excelent stages 4. New modes and maybe just maybe tag system in konzole version.
  7. BradyY.
    Mar 10, 2005
    Awesome, Better then the rest as always. Tekken 5 carries on the tradtion of being the best fighting game out there!!! Keep em' coming.
  8. Edwin
    Mar 1, 2005
    This is the best tekken ever!!!! watch out evolution!!
  9. JamesH.
    Mar 6, 2005
    Best fighter on ps2 !!!!!
  10. JoelS.
    Apr 20, 2005
    A great game indeed. This game in my opinion is so in depth that it puts other fighting games to shame. I am currently mastering Lee Chaolan and I am still impressed at all the moves I can perform with him (great indeed since in Tekken 2 he is just acarbon copy of Law with some changes here and there) and how deep as a character he has become. With impressive juggles and wall game I found A great game indeed. This game in my opinion is so in depth that it puts other fighting games to shame. I am currently mastering Lee Chaolan and I am still impressed at all the moves I can perform with him (great indeed since in Tekken 2 he is just acarbon copy of Law with some changes here and there) and how deep as a character he has become. With impressive juggles and wall game I found Lee a powerful dangerous character in the right hand. But Lee isn't the only character who rocks. Paul, Nina, Heichachi, Jin, Asuka, Raven... all these characters in the right hand are deadly (Nina and Paul are apparently the deadliest however with Nina being the most deadly of the two) And the movie sequqneces are breathtaking to say the least. I really can't go on blabbering how great a game this is. Expand
  11. JonL.
    Apr 4, 2005
    The best Tekken game yet!
  12. MaganY.
    Jan 6, 2006
    I'm overwhelmed, I'd never thought that Tekken as a series was usually low on the extras and this time there is and this is the best game of the series yet, no question Play this game!
  13. Niveche
    Jul 3, 2006
    What a bunch of whiners!!! not easy enough - cmon the easy setting is TOO easy - and i am by no means a tekken lord! its a great game - teh franchise inevitably tried newer formulae but this one goes back to teh real reason why this game played so well - the brilliant arcade style fighting - Soul Calibur is brilliant but Tekken is Tekken - perhaps weapons fighting is too complicated so What a bunch of whiners!!! not easy enough - cmon the easy setting is TOO easy - and i am by no means a tekken lord! its a great game - teh franchise inevitably tried newer formulae but this one goes back to teh real reason why this game played so well - the brilliant arcade style fighting - Soul Calibur is brilliant but Tekken is Tekken - perhaps weapons fighting is too complicated so Tekken rules in ARCADE hand combat - for complete fighting simulation play Virtua Figher and you know the TRUE meaning of a hard game. Tekken 5 rock. can wait for the PSP version so I can never be without my Tekken. Expand
  14. FaisalA.
    Dec 8, 2004
    This game is amazing with new and improved graphics and way better gameplay than any of the other tekken titles.
  15. AndrewS.
    Mar 4, 2005
    Tekken 5 ..... Need I say more!!!
  16. BismarkPrince
    Mar 8, 2005
    One of da best games in town now.
  17. SidneyY.
    Apr 19, 2005
    Should have included tekken force or at least make all characters playable in Devil Within.
  18. Andreas
    Aug 10, 2005
    Tekken 5 is the best game in the series. Almost every Tekken character is included. (32 in all) Exellent graphics, sound, and fantastic gameplay action! Perfect arcade versions of Tekken 1-2-3 is also included on the disc. PS: Gamers complain about how hard the final boss Jinpachi are, but he can be easely beaten with low-kicks. Just press down and O repeatly, and he is down after Tekken 5 is the best game in the series. Almost every Tekken character is included. (32 in all) Exellent graphics, sound, and fantastic gameplay action! Perfect arcade versions of Tekken 1-2-3 is also included on the disc. PS: Gamers complain about how hard the final boss Jinpachi are, but he can be easely beaten with low-kicks. Just press down and O repeatly, and he is down after two/three rounds... Expand
  19. MichaelL.
    Jul 21, 2006
    Smoothgame play, huge variety of fighting styles and near limitless potential for developing your own fighting style witha charecter. Also, the juggling has been improved.
  20. RingoS.
    Feb 11, 2007
    Love it, best Tekken I ever played, sometimes if I'm tired I get frustrated when I lose, and Jinpachi isn't so hard at all, if you have a few skills.
  21. TimF.
    Feb 7, 2007
    While Tekken 4 was somewhat disappointing, Tekken 5 delivers. If you're a fighting game fan, Tekken 5 is a must!
  22. ElTazar
    Apr 26, 2007
    Dis game iz da best,nd dnt suk man,Jinpachi can be beaten perfect if u use Heihachi's hammer to Iron Hand,but I also prefer if it had Tekken 4's Tekken force,nd Jinpachi cn git u even if u sidestep,sometyms he shoots this series of shots which cums until he getz u! Itz ol kul thoh,the tougher da game,da beta,adawyz it wudnt b da best fighting game,it wnt ofa a challenge
  23. DavidP.
    Nov 18, 2005
    Brilliant game with excellent graphics i would recommend it to all!! u cant get much better
  24. XRA
    Oct 26, 2005
    Everything is good in this game.. Graphics, moves, sound.. Nothing to complain about. And if you think jinpachi is too hard then that just shows you are a sucky player who dont know how to sidestep!
  25. LingX.
    Feb 23, 2005
    Man they brought the hard sidestep back, i hate that because sidestepping's easy in T4 in arcade. but hell, it includes tekken 1-3, i'd get that. oh and it sucks when you can't move before "fight!" in battle. This has got to be the best tekken.
  26. AB
    Mar 16, 2005
    After buying the mediocre Tekken 4 I was afraid to buy Tekken 5. But after thinking for a long time I finally picked it up. I'm glad I did as this game kicks ass. There is only one problem: why do you have to use the D-pad? It would be great to at least have a choice for analog control. But that is a minor gripe because it still controls flawlessly. Tekken 5 is easily the second-best After buying the mediocre Tekken 4 I was afraid to buy Tekken 5. But after thinking for a long time I finally picked it up. I'm glad I did as this game kicks ass. There is only one problem: why do you have to use the D-pad? It would be great to at least have a choice for analog control. But that is a minor gripe because it still controls flawlessly. Tekken 5 is easily the second-best fighting game this generation (after Soul Calibur II for GameCube, which has Link and it's not easy to beat that). Expand
  27. MarcD.
    Mar 26, 2005
    One of the pioneers of the 3D fighter, this series still packs an amazing punch. The latest installment looks beautiful and plays really tight. Still, I've always felt that the origial Soul Calibur defined the perfect fighting game. Let's wait for Soul Calibur 3 shall we?
  28. AndyM.
    Apr 15, 2005
    Must be the next best fighting game out but i thuink there is a better game out that is why i oniy give it a nine.
  29. PedroB.
    Apr 25, 2005
    What can i say about Tekken 5? IT'S AMAZING! The game's playability is what we expected, like the other tekkens, intuitive and fun, the 'specials' don't require a game bible on your lap to be performed and the speed ... heck this tekken is speedy, not as fast as Soul Calibur 2 but i think they wanted it to be :p The soudtrack is also a plus, it makes you really What can i say about Tekken 5? IT'S AMAZING! The game's playability is what we expected, like the other tekkens, intuitive and fun, the 'specials' don't require a game bible on your lap to be performed and the speed ... heck this tekken is speedy, not as fast as Soul Calibur 2 but i think they wanted it to be :p The soudtrack is also a plus, it makes you really wanna kick the other guys butt.. it's like the feeling in Tekken 2, when the music started you were in fighting heaven. The xtras are the best addiction, if you don't know the Tekken Saga, this way you'll know what you've been missing. Devil Within is also good, but i'd rather play Tekken Force... So with all things said ... there isn't a fighting game to ever be a threat to Tekken 5 ... unless Namco launches Soul Calibur 3 (~drool~) Expand
  30. AstemirE.
    Apr 27, 2005
    I like the characters.

#8 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#4 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

From a purely technical standpoint, the frame-rate is rock solid, and the lighting effects are lavish as well, and while not as polished, overall, as the technical achievements of "Dead or Alive Ultimate," come a close second. Matching the visual largesse is a comprehensive features list that does for PS2 what "Dead or Alive Ultimate" did for Xbox.
  2. Fans of the arcade version of Tekken 5 will be happy to see a near flawless port of the game, complete with all of the customization aspects of the arcade game. In addition, you'll find your standard fighting game modes of play, plus an in-depth practice mode, and all three original Tekken arcade titles. Hands down, this is one of the best fighting games available for the PS2.
  3. While some of the extra modes aren't as strong as they could have been, the core fighting is nearly perfect, whether you're playing against other humans or computer-controlled opposition.