• Publisher: Namco
  • Release Date: Oct 25, 2000
8.6

1. Nov 9, 2012
    Tekken Tag Tournament is a great fighter, one of the best ever made. The combat is solid, the variety of modes allows for a lot of hours playing, and it looks beautiful for a game that came out in the year 2000.
  2. Apr 4, 2013
    Solid fighting mechanics and nice introduction into tag-team fighting. Great selection of character. However it really doesn't feel like it has much else to offer. Little to no extra features. No real story mode. This game felt more like it belonged in an arcade than on a console.

Overall: A good idea, but it just felt a bit unfinished. It felt more like an expansion than an actual

Overall:
    A good idea, but it just felt a bit unfinished. It felt more like an expansion than an actual game of its own.
  3. Aug 19, 2013
    yes that exactly what the series needed playing tag is so much fun and being able to do combo moves is so cool a great step up to fighting games really good game
  4. Dec 25, 2013
    More characters, more moves, four-player tag battle, and more. Graphically, the game has taken a very large leap. Overall great Tekken Tag Tournament is a great game.
  5. Sep 10, 2012
    I am not a huge fan of fighting games but the I still enjoyed the Tekken series. Tekken Tag Tournament is one of the few fighting games I've owned because it is one of the best. Battling in teams of two characters and having over 35 fighters to choose from, this game was always a blast to play. TTT offered some of the best combos in the series and Unknown was one of the coolest bosses.I am not a huge fan of fighting games but the I still enjoyed the Tekken series. Tekken Tag Tournament is one of the few fighting games I've owned because it is one of the best. Battling in teams of two characters and having over 35 fighters to choose from, this game was always a blast to play. TTT offered some of the best combos in the series and Unknown was one of the coolest bosses. Also, they enhanced the graphics and offered 2 new modes, team battle up to 8 characters with tag rules, and a "Tekken Bowl" bowling game. Expand
  6. Nov 18, 2010
    This is definatly a step up to the arcade version and quite possible my faviroute Tekken game in the series so far. Tekken Tag Tournament is the first instalment of the "Tag" series and brings back previous characters from the earlier Tekken games. The graphics have certainly boosted up a notch from the PS1 and Arcade versions, some of the stages are fantastic - pyramid temples,This is definatly a step up to the arcade version and quite possible my faviroute Tekken game in the series so far. Tekken Tag Tournament is the first instalment of the "Tag" series and brings back previous characters from the earlier Tekken games. The graphics have certainly boosted up a notch from the PS1 and Arcade versions, some of the stages are fantastic - pyramid temples, colosseum's and dojos. Gameplay is still the same as before, but there are some new fighting moves, different game modes to play and for the first time you can play as not one, but two characters in each fight. Not all characters are available to start off with, you have to unlock them in Arcade mode. Fight your way through 8 different stages by kicking, punching and wrestling each opponent and you will unlock a new character as well as a nice short theatre clip from each character you complete Arcade in. If you've played Tekken before, then most of the moves you'll know already but if you're new to the series, you may want to get some practicing done in Practice mode. You can change the difficulty settings if want to challenge yourself and become a master at the game. Of course this game wouldn't be Tekken without (my personal faviroute) multiplayer, where you and your friend can choose two different characters (4 altogether). Another new feature to this game is if you have a Multitap, you can have up to 4 players to make it even more enjoyable. You and your friends can get loads of aggressive fun, competing against one another to become the champion. If that wasn't enough for you why not play a much relaxing game of bowling, yes you heard me right bowling, something you might wanna try if you have a bad headache after all that anger and shouting from multiplayer. One thing that disappoints me is even though you can use two characters tag in each fight, the round ends after one of them is defeated rather than finish them both off. This would have been a nice option to let you configure this. Usually I would get bored of the same old repetitive fighting but it still manages to charm for the fourth time running. Expand
  7. May 25, 2015
    Using the same engine as Tekken 3 the tag system and PS2 graphic makeover this is as good as 3d fighting gets and still holds up today (In many ways I prefred TTT's graphics to the later PS2 installments). New things where being discovered about the games fighting engine and characters 4/5 years after it first came out, While bringing back the full cast made for some "Clone" typeUsing the same engine as Tekken 3 the tag system and PS2 graphic makeover this is as good as 3d fighting gets and still holds up today (In many ways I prefred TTT's graphics to the later PS2 installments). New things where being discovered about the games fighting engine and characters 4/5 years after it first came out, While bringing back the full cast made for some "Clone" type characters the roster bought back a lot of old favourites from the first 2 games for a fantastic character roster. The tag system added a lot of variety and discovery to the game with so many combinations allowing for experimentation to see how they work together. Expand
  8. NickW.
    Oct 9, 2002
    Absolute brilliance. The best fighter made for any console ever.
  9. RyanW.
    May 29, 2002
    This game is freakin' sweet! I mean I can now reunite playing with Kazuya instead of playing the rare Tekken 1 or unlocking him in Tekken 2 which is hard to do. Plus, it's faster than The other 3 Tekkens. I don't know what Solid Snake's talking about.
  10. RyanM.
    Feb 9, 2003
    Just like every other fighting game. Once all the characters are unlocked you'll never play it again. The Tag battle is creative and the Tekken bowl gives it an interesting twist, but this game is far from above other fighters.
  11. AkeemG.
    Feb 8, 2007
    Tekken Tag is the best fighting game for the PlayStation 2 because it is the only game of its kind to have graphics with such smooth textures and cool color coordination and of course the almighty tag battle system is a very awesome element in the game.Aside from the above mentioned what really got me addicted to the game was the way the ending character movies were integrated into the Tekken Tag is the best fighting game for the PlayStation 2 because it is the only game of its kind to have graphics with such smooth textures and cool color coordination and of course the almighty tag battle system is a very awesome element in the game.Aside from the above mentioned what really got me addicted to the game was the way the ending character movies were integrated into the ending credit staff roll and the music that plays during the staff roll and movies was also very nice along with all the other songs of the game.Just crank up the volume after you beat the game watch the credits and wait a while and you'll see what I'm talking about,this doesn't apply to unknown's movie though.The replay at the end of the game is also very good .You'll be hooked on this game for many weeks. Expand
  12. JosephS.
    Dec 3, 2001
    It is the best game ever made!!! That's for sure! Well the tekken tag will be perfect! ciao mates.
  13. TylerS.
    Jun 28, 2001
    Great idea for a game, lots of fun. Wonderful characters with good attacks. Great graphics. If it were a Dreamcast game, I would consider it perfect. I was glued to the game. It was great, and I can't wait for "Tekken 4" which I hope it is just as good.
  14. MuzahirH.
    Jun 7, 2001
    This is the best fighting game on the planet and is the only title needed for the PS2, but all in all it is the best PS2 title. The graphics are much much better than "Tekken 3.:" "Dead or Alive 2" is no match for it.
  15. CaitlinR.
    Jul 31, 2001
    Simply the best fighting game ever. (It's totally awesome thanks to Jin!)
  16. RicardoG.
    Jul 6, 2001
    I don't see anything wrong with it. Simply the greatest game in the world.
  17. LeiW.
    Sep 17, 2001
    I Think It Is 1 Of The Best Fighting Games I Have Ever Played. I Like To Perfect My Abilites With Everyone On Practice Mode.
  18. PrestonN.
    Sep 9, 2001
    Namco couldn't of done better. The animation is smooth and the gameplay is solid. (You gotta love the soundtrack!)
  19. Mr.Buddah
    Feb 7, 2002
    This game I think is a must for all you Tekken fans! It has challenging graphics and cool graphics.
  20. KinanA.
    May 22, 2002
    Good but make something new.
  21. LeeM.
    Jul 12, 2002
    Pretty cool. Tekken 3 was the only other fighting game I ever played but this is 9x better!
  22. MasterDownwardSpiral
    Jul 15, 2002
    When people rate the best fighting game of all time, I would say Soul Calibur is good, Tekken is better. However, it could have been made a little better.
  23. VirusMan
    May 27, 2003
    Its a fighting game. Kicks butt till it is all unlocked, then gets a little boring.
  24. DragonKnightofFinalFantasy
    Dec 5, 2004
    I love this game it is fun, fast and simple with lots of haracters and the whole tag team thing is really fun. Also it's cheap I bought it for $5.99 used. Also you missed Offical Playstation Magazine's score 4 1/2 out of 5.
  25. Tom
    Mar 3, 2009
    Tekken Tag Tournament is one of the best fighting games I have ever played. Law is my favorite character, just like Bruce Lee. All around this game has a great single player Arcade mode as well as a multiplayer, take out your rage on your friends with Law! With amazing fighting styles, characters, stages, and music to fight to I give this game a 9/10.
  26. Satanboy
    Nov 12, 2001
    I give this game a 10. I have "Soul Calibur" for the Dreamcast and I love its playmodes, but TTT has some of the most interesting move combinations and juggle combos I have seen in years. Namco does it again!
  27. SimonB.
    Dec 23, 2001
    This game kicks ass!!! Check the grass!!! The best fighting game ever!!!
    Jul 19, 2001
    One kick ass game, nuf' said.
  29. ShyamM.
    Jul 29, 2001
    This is the best game ever, with 30+ characters, and awesome replays, Tekken Bowl mode, awesome 4 player mode, awesome endings, and really awesome game play, what more could you want, when you get PS2 you get this game with it first. This game rocks...I love it.
  30. Austin(theBaron)
    Aug 26, 2001
  31. PeeweeH.
    Sep 12, 2001
    Amazing graphics. Great fighting game because you can tell that they actually researched the fighting styles used in the game. The drunken boxing and crane styles are really cool and just like in the Kung Fu movies. The handling is a bit hard to get used to though.
  32. Eoin
    Sep 18, 2001
    In simple terms, no fighting game offers as much as Tekken.
  33. SolidSnake
    Feb 26, 2002
    Why hasn't there been a 3-d fighting game that I liked? Out of all the fighting games I've played, the 2-d fighters just blow away any 3-d fighter out there. I mean Guilty Gear X is just the fastest, prettiest and best figher out there. Capcom vs. SNK 2 is another outstanding fighting game. 2-d fighters will always be THE best.
  34. JasonP.
    Mar 14, 2002
    This game is brilliant! it holds hours of fun, but is best played wiv ur mates. Lots of characters and great graphics. If u want a fighting game this is the 1!!!!
  35. SSJ2_vegeta
    Apr 18, 2002
    I agree with solid_snake,3D fighters suck with the exception of Soul Caliber. This game is bad. 2D fighters forever!!
  36. JohnnyDo
    Jul 20, 2002
    I think it should have some role play besides fighting and bowling.
  37. AyaneK.
    Jul 22, 2002
    Tekken Tag RULES! It's definitely a must have game; especially if you're a diehard Tekken fan like me... only I think the game really would've been cooler if they had some new characters.
  38. BonbonA.
    Aug 3, 2005
    Luph the game. Many old characters from Tekken series return, though it doesn't really have a storyline. I'm sad that they only make the *real* ending movie for the secret character "Unknown". Still, this game rocks :)
  39. Zeus
    Jul 16, 2001
    The greatest fighting game ever created on the best system created.
  40. Austin(theBaron)
    Aug 26, 2001
    To put it simply, this is the best Tekken game since # 3. No more "oh sh** I'm running out of life," or "uh oh im running low." Cool abilities like when you use Devil and Kazuya. When you tag Kazuya turns into Devil and vice versa.T he throw tag combos are pretty neat and with like 33 characters it's full of surprises. I think Eddy is the best of all with his infinite combo To put it simply, this is the best Tekken game since # 3. No more "oh sh** I'm running out of life," or "uh oh im running low." Cool abilities like when you use Devil and Kazuya. When you tag Kazuya turns into Devil and vice versa.T he throw tag combos are pretty neat and with like 33 characters it's full of surprises. I think Eddy is the best of all with his infinite combo kicks and Tiger is pretty awesome. Good attacks and good characters, some new characters and some originals. All in all I can't wait for Tekken 4 because if it's as good a tag ... Collapse
    Jun 12, 2002
    This game rocks! Great Graphics, 4 player tag battles, Enough fighting styles that anyone can find a couple of matches, what more can you ask for! As for 2d vs 3d fighters 2d is for amatures. The ability to side step adds a whole new dimension to the game.
  42. MikeH.
    Jun 16, 2002
    This game is more addicting than heroin. The only bad thing about it is that you have to memorize such long combos in order to beat your opponent. And memorizing things is very hard for a heroin addict.
  43. NorvilleG.
    Jun 26, 2002
    Perfect! Absolutely Perfect!
  44. RickY.
    Jun 26, 2002
    Tekken 3 was kewl especially with Ling Xiaoyu & Panda BUT now that TTT is out there couldn't be a better time to combine both into one great team. TEKKEN RULES!!!
  45. CrashMaster
    Jul 27, 2002
    Tekken Tag Tournament is amazing, it combines all 3 games characters together and if you unlock theater mode it pretty much sticks to the Storyline, so it is a must have (Well I would sy that I'm obsessed about The Tekken Series!
  46. ZiggyStardust
    Aug 13, 2002
    I couldn't give this game a good rating because it has some pretty noticable problems. 1) the unlocked stories behind all characters are unbelievably poor. i mean what were they thinking with these? 2) the computer AI is not too cool. on hard difficulty i want something better than just being able to press 1 button rapidly to win the game. it's not really too easy, it's justI couldn't give this game a good rating because it has some pretty noticable problems. 1) the unlocked stories behind all characters are unbelievably poor. i mean what were they thinking with these? 2) the computer AI is not too cool. on hard difficulty i want something better than just being able to press 1 button rapidly to win the game. it's not really too easy, it's just you can be cheap and win. this is a better than average ps2 game, and it's 2 player games are what make it fun. but it's not a classic like street fighter 2 is on snes. Expand
  47. MichaelF.
    Aug 23, 2002
    Love the game, the game kicks butt.
  48. BillM.
    Sep 22, 2003
    Kicks butt. Best Tekken game by far.
  49. Eedee
    Nov 11, 2001
    The graphics and fighting were way kool!! This is one kick ass game and I can't wait till I get to play Tekken 4!!
  50. KyleK.
    Nov 28, 2003
    A fun wicked game, good graphics, fun bowling and a stretching point in the game is the theatre.

1. One big disk of suck. I could find better fighting games for the Atari.
  2. Currently the high water mark for the PS2.
  3. If you like Tekken then you have to have this, the most, biggest, best bag of Tekken so far. A droolworthy launch title.