• Publisher: Namco
  • Release Date: Oct 25, 2000
8.5

1. Nov 18, 2010
    This is definatly a step up to the arcade version and quite possible my faviroute Tekken game in the series so far. Tekken Tag Tournament is the first instalment of the "Tag" series and brings back previous characters from the earlier Tekken games. The graphics have certainly boosted up a notch from the PS1 and Arcade versions, some of the stages are fantastic - pyramid temples,This is definatly a step up to the arcade version and quite possible my faviroute Tekken game in the series so far. Tekken Tag Tournament is the first instalment of the "Tag" series and brings back previous characters from the earlier Tekken games. The graphics have certainly boosted up a notch from the PS1 and Arcade versions, some of the stages are fantastic - pyramid temples, colosseum's and dojos. Gameplay is still the same as before, but there are some new fighting moves, different game modes to play and for the first time you can play as not one, but two characters in each fight. Not all characters are available to start off with, you have to unlock them in Arcade mode. Fight your way through 8 different stages by kicking, punching and wrestling each opponent and you will unlock a new character as well as a nice short theatre clip from each character you complete Arcade in. If you've played Tekken before, then most of the moves you'll know already but if you're new to the series, you may want to get some practicing done in Practice mode. You can change the difficulty settings if want to challenge yourself and become a master at the game. Of course this game wouldn't be Tekken without (my personal faviroute) multiplayer, where you and your friend can choose two different characters (4 altogether). Another new feature to this game is if you have a Multitap, you can have up to 4 players to make it even more enjoyable. You and your friends can get loads of aggressive fun, competing against one another to become the champion. If that wasn't enough for you why not play a much relaxing game of bowling, yes you heard me right bowling, something you might wanna try if you have a bad headache after all that anger and shouting from multiplayer. One thing that disappoints me is even though you can use two characters tag in each fight, the round ends after one of them is defeated rather than finish them both off. This would have been a nice option to let you configure this. Usually I would get bored of the same old repetitive fighting but it still manages to charm for the fourth time running. Expand
  2. PeeweeH.
    Sep 12, 2001
    Amazing graphics. Great fighting game because you can tell that they actually researched the fighting styles used in the game. The drunken boxing and crane styles are really cool and just like in the Kung Fu movies. The handling is a bit hard to get used to though.
  3. SSJ2_vegeta
    Apr 18, 2002
    I agree with solid_snake,3D fighters suck with the exception of Soul Caliber. This game is bad. 2D fighters forever!!
  4. AkeemG.
    Feb 8, 2007
    Tekken Tag is the best fighting game for the PlayStation 2 because it is the only game of its kind to have graphics with such smooth textures and cool color coordination and of course the almighty tag battle system is a very awesome element in the game.Aside from the above mentioned what really got me addicted to the game was the way the ending character movies were integrated into the Tekken Tag is the best fighting game for the PlayStation 2 because it is the only game of its kind to have graphics with such smooth textures and cool color coordination and of course the almighty tag battle system is a very awesome element in the game.Aside from the above mentioned what really got me addicted to the game was the way the ending character movies were integrated into the ending credit staff roll and the music that plays during the staff roll and movies was also very nice along with all the other songs of the game.Just crank up the volume after you beat the game watch the credits and wait a while and you'll see what I'm talking about,this doesn't apply to unknown's movie though.The replay at the end of the game is also very good .You'll be hooked on this game for many weeks. Expand
  5. JosephS.
    Dec 3, 2001
    It is the best game ever made!!! That's for sure! Well the tekken tag will be perfect! ciao mates.
  6. KinanA.
    May 22, 2002
    Good but make something new.
  7. VirusMan
    May 27, 2003
    Its a fighting game. Kicks butt till it is all unlocked, then gets a little boring.
  8. SolidSnake
    Feb 26, 2002
    Why hasn't there been a 3-d fighting game that I liked? Out of all the fighting games I've played, the 2-d fighters just blow away any 3-d fighter out there. I mean Guilty Gear X is just the fastest, prettiest and best figher out there. Capcom vs. SNK 2 is another outstanding fighting game. 2-d fighters will always be THE best.
  9. NickW.
    Oct 9, 2002
    Absolute brilliance. The best fighter made for any console ever.
  10. RyanW.
    May 29, 2002
    This game is freakin' sweet! I mean I can now reunite playing with Kazuya instead of playing the rare Tekken 1 or unlocking him in Tekken 2 which is hard to do. Plus, it's faster than The other 3 Tekkens. I don't know what Solid Snake's talking about.
  11. RyanM.
    Feb 9, 2003
    Just like every other fighting game. Once all the characters are unlocked you'll never play it again. The Tag battle is creative and the Tekken bowl gives it an interesting twist, but this game is far from above other fighters.
  12. TylerS.
    Jun 28, 2001
    Great idea for a game, lots of fun. Wonderful characters with good attacks. Great graphics. If it were a Dreamcast game, I would consider it perfect. I was glued to the game. It was great, and I can't wait for "Tekken 4" which I hope it is just as good.
  13. MuzahirH.
    Jun 7, 2001
    This is the best fighting game on the planet and is the only title needed for the PS2, but all in all it is the best PS2 title. The graphics are much much better than "Tekken 3.:" "Dead or Alive 2" is no match for it.
  14. CaitlinR.
    Jul 31, 2001
    Simply the best fighting game ever. (It's totally awesome thanks to Jin!)
  15. RicardoG.
    Jul 6, 2001
    I don't see anything wrong with it. Simply the greatest game in the world.
  16. LeiW.
    Sep 17, 2001
    I Think It Is 1 Of The Best Fighting Games I Have Ever Played. I Like To Perfect My Abilites With Everyone On Practice Mode.
  17. PrestonN.
    Sep 9, 2001
    Namco couldn't of done better. The animation is smooth and the gameplay is solid. (You gotta love the soundtrack!)
  18. LeeM.
    Jul 12, 2002
    Pretty cool. Tekken 3 was the only other fighting game I ever played but this is 9x better!
  19. MasterDownwardSpiral
    Jul 15, 2002
    When people rate the best fighting game of all time, I would say Soul Calibur is good, Tekken is better. However, it could have been made a little better.
  20. DragonKnightofFinalFantasy
    Dec 5, 2004
    I love this game it is fun, fast and simple with lots of haracters and the whole tag team thing is really fun. Also it's cheap I bought it for $5.99 used. Also you missed Offical Playstation Magazine's score 4 1/2 out of 5.
  21. Tom
    Mar 3, 2009
    Tekken Tag Tournament is one of the best fighting games I have ever played. Law is my favorite character, just like Bruce Lee. All around this game has a great single player Arcade mode as well as a multiplayer, take out your rage on your friends with Law! With amazing fighting styles, characters, stages, and music to fight to I give this game a 9/10.
  22. SimonB.
    Dec 23, 2001
    This game kicks ass!!! Check the grass!!! The best fighting game ever!!!
    Jul 19, 2001
    One kick ass game, nuf' said.
  24. ShyamM.
    Jul 29, 2001
    This is the best game ever, with 30+ characters, and awesome replays, Tekken Bowl mode, awesome 4 player mode, awesome endings, and really awesome game play, what more could you want, when you get PS2 you get this game with it first. This game rocks...I love it.
  25. Austin(theBaron)
    Aug 26, 2001
    To put it simply, this is the best Tekken game since # 3. No more "oh sh** I'm running out of life," or "uh oh im running low." Cool abilities like when you use Devil and Kazuya. When you tag Kazuya turns into Devil and vice versa.T he throw tag combos are pretty neat and with like 33 characters it's full of surprises. I think Eddy is the best of all with his infinite combo To put it simply, this is the best Tekken game since # 3. No more "oh sh** I'm running out of life," or "uh oh im running low." Cool abilities like when you use Devil and Kazuya. When you tag Kazuya turns into Devil and vice versa.T he throw tag combos are pretty neat and with like 33 characters it's full of surprises. I think Eddy is the best of all with his infinite combo kicks and Tiger is pretty awesome. Good attacks and good characters, some new characters and some originals. All in all I can't wait for Tekken 4 because if it's as good a tag ... Expand
  26. Eoin
    Sep 18, 2001
    In simple terms, no fighting game offers as much as Tekken.
  27. JasonP.
    Mar 14, 2002
    This game is brilliant! it holds hours of fun, but is best played wiv ur mates. Lots of characters and great graphics. If u want a fighting game this is the 1!!!!
  28. JohnnyDo
    Jul 20, 2002
    I think it should have some role play besides fighting and bowling.
  29. AyaneK.
    Jul 22, 2002
    Tekken Tag RULES! It's definitely a must have game; especially if you're a diehard Tekken fan like me... only I think the game really would've been cooler if they had some new characters.
  30. BonbonA.
    Aug 3, 2005
    Luph the game. Many old characters from Tekken series return, though it doesn't really have a storyline. I'm sad that they only make the *real* ending movie for the secret character "Unknown". Still, this game rocks :)

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2000
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2000

1. Antagonist
    One big disk of suck. I could find better fighting games for the Atari.
  2. Currently the high water mark for the PS2.
  3. Daily Radar
    If you like Tekken then you have to have this, the most, biggest, best bag of Tekken so far. A droolworthy launch title.