• Publisher: THQ
  • Also On: PC
6.2

1. DillonA
    Jan 3, 2010
    This was the best Tetris game I have ever played.
  2. ZiggyStardust
    Aug 13, 2002
    They butchered one of my favorite games of all time. rather than change the gameplay, they really should have just added a 1 player experience filled with unlockables, and an intense multiplayer. is that really too much to ask? they could copy tetrinet, and have offensive and defensive blocks in the multiplayer. making an awesome tetirs game should be super simple. but the morons at blue They butchered one of my favorite games of all time. rather than change the gameplay, they really should have just added a 1 player experience filled with unlockables, and an intense multiplayer. is that really too much to ask? they could copy tetrinet, and have offensive and defensive blocks in the multiplayer. making an awesome tetirs game should be super simple. but the morons at blue planet software somehow managed to totally screw it up. i'm also not surpirsed that thq published it. they're always publishing crap. Collapse
  3. tonyb
    Aug 27, 2009
    Tetris fans should love this. First time player s of the game may be confused.
  4. fr
    Feb 19, 2003
    I love this is game it is a must have for all ps2 owners it gives the word great game a bad name.
  5. SamuraiJ.
    Feb 19, 2003
    They should make a 2nd one omg.
  6. LuLu
    Jul 18, 2004
    I'm a huge tetrinet freak and thougth that tetris was fun until this game came along. I mean who on earth can mess up tetris???? This was the worse version of tetris I've ever played. It seems like they spent more time focusing on the weird characters rather than the actual game itself. This game is a big dissapointment to all tetris fans.
  7. Aug 3, 2013
    I don't care what anyone says, Tetris always has been and always will be the greatest puzzle game ever created. With that in mind you have to wonder how anyone can make such as mess of it!

For some reason the creators of Tetris Worlds have seen fit to include a 'story mode', that strangely tries to explain the origins of the falling blocks, and then added all manner of pointless variations on top of the original gameplay. To make matters worse even the original mode is ruined by the fact that the blocks move far to slowly and the controls are not responsive enough.

Avoid.
  8. May 19, 2013
    It's Tetris. What else can I say? It's another lazy version of a NES game that adds nothing new, this is a perfectly fine game. But this game is nothing special, you only need one version of Tetris, and I would recommend the Gameboy version, Why? Because the music is AMAZING.

1. The Tetris we all know and love never got boring. This does. [June 2002, p.100]
  2. We were able to tear through the game's 15 levels of difficulty without breaking a sweat, thanks to this infinite spinning feature.
  3. The story is cute but nothing really deep and basically just has you playing the various types of Tetris included to move the story along.