• Publisher: THQ
  • Release Date: Mar 20, 2002
  • Also On: PC
6.2

1. Aug 3, 2013
    I don't care what anyone says, Tetris always has been and always will be the greatest puzzle game ever created. With that in mind you have to wonder how anyone can make such as mess of it!

For some reason the creators of Tetris Worlds have seen fit to include a 'story mode', that strangely tries to explain the origins of the falling blocks, and then added all manner of pointless variations on top of the original gameplay. To make matters worse even the original mode is ruined by the fact that the blocks move far to slowly and the controls are not responsive enough.

Avoid.

1. The Tetris we all know and love never got boring. This does. [June 2002, p.100]
  2. We were able to tear through the game's 15 levels of difficulty without breaking a sweat, thanks to this infinite spinning feature.
  3. The story is cute but nothing really deep and basically just has you playing the various types of Tetris included to move the story along.