The Bard's Tale PlayStation 2

8.6

1. AdamT.
    Mar 30, 2007
    Truly one of the best RPG's I've ever played. It's humor gives it great character that endears you. I actually felt like it was a fun adventure and not a simple dull one. I kept playing to see what would happen next. Pick up this gem today.
  2. TrollGuy
    Jul 21, 2007
    OK ya know what? i never played the game but i looked it up and It looks like a game you can get sucked into. look at the age of the game then look at the graphics of it. pretty good for how old it is. It looks like a game with out different levels so it is not so easy and short. I want to buy this game. really badly.... yeah...
  3. LeoT.
    Oct 30, 2004
    That is what I expect for a true RPG. Gameplay doesn't really matter as long as it keeps its standard. What is truly important is the content which is the soul of a RPG. Go for it, it deserves one of your collection slots.
  4. JohnC.
    Nov 2, 2004
    I really don't like these types of games, but the best one I played.
  5. CarmenK.
    Aug 26, 2006
    i love the humour! i enjoy the three dancing trow and the jamming with the drunks!
  6. DragonKnightofFinalFantasy
    Jan 16, 2005
    I liked this game it was a fun little game, good gameplay a little old now though, it's funny, and the plot is good, the graphics are pretty nice, that's not to say I don't have problem with the game like the camera angles were bad and it's really hard because there are so many creatures that al overpower the Bard making you constantly have to use your summon songs. I liked this game it was a fun little game, good gameplay a little old now though, it's funny, and the plot is good, the graphics are pretty nice, that's not to say I don't have problem with the game like the camera angles were bad and it's really hard because there are so many creatures that al overpower the Bard making you constantly have to use your summon songs. It's still fun and it's funny with great music composed by Tommy Tallorico, host of G4's Electric Playground and Judgement Day. This game is worth picking up. Collapse
  7. Nov 8, 2013
    Granted this game simply rehashes a tried-and-true hack-n-slash formula that was already done to death at the time, it's still allot of fun. While the gameplay might have been a little stale, the narrative and the general idea behind it are top notch. An RPG that seriously makes fun of RPGs to the highest degree. I also love how they are constantly breaking the fourth wall, the humor isGranted this game simply rehashes a tried-and-true hack-n-slash formula that was already done to death at the time, it's still allot of fun. While the gameplay might have been a little stale, the narrative and the general idea behind it are top notch. An RPG that seriously makes fun of RPGs to the highest degree. I also love how they are constantly breaking the fourth wall, the humor is just brilliant.

Overall:
    The Bard's Tale may not have the most interesting gameplay, but the characters, writing and general wit will keep you playing. A fun different kind of RPG.

#43 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. Like a really good comedy film, probably best suited as a rental.
  2. Doesn't do anything particularly original, but that's not really the point. The point is the content, the script, and the wit, and in these areas it excels. [Nov 2004, p.118]
  3. Game Informer
    Though sub-par action and cheap deaths are endemic to the Bard's quest, this title made me feel like I was taking part in a real fantasy adventure teh way few others have over the years. [Dec 2004, p.167]