8.0

1. sk8r
    Aug 20, 2001
    I don't care what anyone else says this is one of the best PS2 games I have ever played!! The graphics are amazing and the characters are cool. So what if the game is short! There is an awsome story to it! The story is well-explained through cut scenes! I rate this game a 10!
  2. KouL.
    Jun 29, 2001
    This game is by far the greatest game ever made for the PS2. I've played this game a million times, and I've never gotten bored of it. Other PS2 games are worth buying but this has to be the best of them all. If you hate it then you just expect too much. This game is a GREAT success!!
  3. BrettS.
    May 30, 2003
    Squaresoft games are the best there ever was. And I say this is the greatest one. I don't care what people think about it. Great grapics, ultimate gameplay, and a sweet story. They have to make a second one.
  4. SionB.
    Nov 19, 2004
    This Is A Great Game. Good Graphics Great Characters And Great Way Of Puting There Fighting Skills.
  5. RyanM.
    Apr 28, 2003
    I love this game. I just recently got it, and wow this game is great. There are times when the game seems to easy, and by all means this game is far from long. Even if you do play it with all the different characters the story stays basically the same. But overall, I can't find anything wrong with this game. Once again, Squaresoft never lets me down.
  6. Oct 26, 2012
    The Bouncer is an odd, atypical sort of fighting game. Unlike its traditional brethren - Street Fighter, Tekken, Soul Calibur - The Bouncer assumes more of the feel of a RPG with the same traits as a fighting game. In fact, this game could be more akin to an old-school side-scrolling fighter from the days of yore if one has an open imagination. Nevertheless, Square's attempt at a trendyThe Bouncer is an odd, atypical sort of fighting game. Unlike its traditional brethren - Street Fighter, Tekken, Soul Calibur - The Bouncer assumes more of the feel of a RPG with the same traits as a fighting game. In fact, this game could be more akin to an old-school side-scrolling fighter from the days of yore if one has an open imagination. Nevertheless, Square's attempt at a trendy Japanese spiced fighter is a true sleeper, even when it was released. The graphics are fantastic considering when it was released, everything clean and well polished, with a similar feel in visuals to that of Square's Final Fantasy X. Combat is limited to only a handful of different attacks for each of the three playable characters in the story mode. However, these do not inhibit for some heated combat with multiple attackers at once.

The story is short, and you can breeze through The Bouncer in speedy fashion. But there's a huge replay value, with lots of backstory told through the loading screen. Playing as each character offers a different perspective on the story, allowing for some conversations to be heard, while other details are left out for a separate playthrough with another character. And of course, there's a nifty multiplayer mode that allows you to control any of the characters you earn throughout your main-game adventures.

A final nifty feature is the leveling system, giving the game an added feel of role-playing. Experience points are earned with each battle, allowing you to learn new attacks and improve your health/defense/power. You're forced to spend them wisely as you level up your characters. Though this is by no means a popular game, The Bouncer offers an unique take on a fighting game that few other games have attempted. It's worth it!
  7. Apr 30, 2016
    This is one of the greats! A game you can blaze through, Play the action movie as it were. But the fighting is unlike anything else.
    Grab this game play through it I am sure you'll have a blast.

#49 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#25 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

1. Quite possibly the prettiest game I’ve ever seen...But presentation isn’t really the problem here. It’s the gameplay.
  2. Daily Radar
    The Bouncer is here and it's not any good. We know how much that hurts, but it's time to move on. The game is less than three hours long -- less than 30 minutes if you skip the movies -- and what's there isn't fun.
  3. Great graphics, good sound, mediocre gameplay. We were soooo close.