• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Oct 14, 2008
7.0

1. Sep 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have been playing The Dog Island for quite a while now and have come across a few glitches, difficulties and issues with the game overall. These are as follows.
    1 - The character 'Tao - the sniff master' cannot count. In the game he instructed to get more than 100 items; I have 107 items and he cannot see that 107 is more than 100.
    2 - Bats attack me whilst they awake which is normal, but they also attack when they are asleep? How can a bat attack if it is sleeping?
    3 - Crocodiles are WAAAY to dangerous. They never sleep, so how are you supposed to 'Stun" them in the game?
    4 - It is too hard in areas that are to hot or to cold, that you can die in. Why did you do this when it is a child's 'G' rated game?
    5 - Why can't I go back to 'Purou Town' in the game to see how my sibling in the game is going?
    6 - Enemies in the game are once again too hard for it to be a 'G' rated children's game. 7 - May I suggest that in the game Dog Island; to conquer the Bats in the game, maybe you could let us through rocks in the game. Just like in the games 'Dogz' and the game 'Catz'.
    8 - Please make an IPod version for this game so you can access it if you are not at home with your PS2 console.
    9 - Every Dog in the game Dog Island have accessories at the beginning of the game when you first start. Why is that? Also may I suggest the other dogs in the game at the beginning only have a ribbon or a scarf, which would make the game more appealing and welcoming when first starting off.
    10 - If you were going to put a dog in the game in that needs help at the very end of 'Chiro Caves' in the game, is quite inconvenient if you are only a beginner playing the game and are not to sure where to 'Chiro Caves' leads to.
    11 - Please please please tell me where the Father of the gamers dog is exactly. every time I play I just explore places and wonder where he is. Is he still alive or not? If he is alive, where is he?
    12 - There is not enough variety of different breeds of dogs in the game. Foe example - there is no choice of having a English Staffordshire Bull Terrior breed of dog to choose to be the gamers character.
    13 - Why cant 'Borris" - the travel dog in the game take us everywhere in the game even if we haven't been there. This does not seem fair.
    14 - Tao can't count!
    19 - Tao can't count!
    20 - Tao can't count!
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

The Dog Island is a charming adventure so full of puppy cuteness that it would bring a smile to almost anyone's face. But at the $50 price point, you might find that titles like Nintendogs and Animal Crossing prove to be a better investment to keep the kids engaged this winter.
  2. There's nothing here for most gamers, but buy it for younglings with a penchant for canines and they'll be happy for hours. [July 2008, p.78]