6.6

1. TravisG.
    Aug 21, 2007
    Terrible. long loading screen cartoony races no storyling terribke.
  2. Calypstar
    Oct 23, 2008
    Excellent range of cars and upgrades, pretty nice drifting engine, suggestive cinematic atmosphere mixes here with sub par graphics, terribly unbalanced gameplay, non-existant story and almost complete lack of true racing (no circuits, only duel races). Guys from Eutechnyx are true masters in creating racing games that concentrate on everything but not on racing. I would only recommend Excellent range of cars and upgrades, pretty nice drifting engine, suggestive cinematic atmosphere mixes here with sub par graphics, terribly unbalanced gameplay, non-existant story and almost complete lack of true racing (no circuits, only duel races). Guys from Eutechnyx are true masters in creating racing games that concentrate on everything but not on racing. I would only recommend this one for true fans of original movie and car maniacs. Expand
  3. Dec 10, 2013
    Physics are simply terrible, anyone has a concept about "what a tuned car should act like" will agree with me. I put some rating points to this game only for the tasty body kits and rims, these fantastic cars deserve a better platform.

#60 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2006

1. The strongest features it offers are the robust customization and nice car models. There are better "underground" racers out there with comparable features (many of which can now be had for half this game's $40 price tag), and if you're a fan of the movies, the movies are what you should watch.
  2. A fairly basic and accessible racing game is unfortunately marred by upgrades that aren't sufficiently explained. The setting is ripe for a sequel, however, and I'm hoping that it gets just a little more newbie-friendly. For my sake.
  3. Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
    I want to like The Fast and The Furious, because somewhere under all the excruciating load times and arcade setting menus(I have to load a menu to change my camera angle? Ugh!)lies a solid game. It's a real shame. [Nov. 2006, p.119]