6.5

1. DavidJ.
    Oct 7, 2006
    I don't know what the official reviewers are thinking about - they have been far too influenced by the fact it is a license to look at the actual game under the hood. Outstanding drift racing that will put EA's Carbon to shame! Buy it and be REALLY surprised!
  2. PedroS.
    Oct 30, 2006
    Theres cool cars and the drift is awesome.
  3. BobB.
    Oct 4, 2006
    I haven't played it but I heard it is really good. I have never found it at wal-mart. I have liked all the other street racing games. I cant wait to play it I should get it pretty soon.
  4. flukeX
    Aug 4, 2006
    after having a sample play i must admit thgis is the second best racing game iver ever played second only to the legendary gran turismo 4. the movie should be watched first so you can truly understand the game but apart from that its realistic fun and just downright awesome.
  5. Kevin
    Oct 1, 2006
    This game overall to me is one of the best racing games that is a non simulation. I have found some glitches in the game. The game speed is really nice.
  6. TravisG.
    Aug 21, 2007
    Terrible. long loading screen cartoony races no storyling terribke.
  7. Calypstar
    Oct 23, 2008
    Excellent range of cars and upgrades, pretty nice drifting engine, suggestive cinematic atmosphere mixes here with sub par graphics, terribly unbalanced gameplay, non-existant story and almost complete lack of true racing (no circuits, only duel races). Guys from Eutechnyx are true masters in creating racing games that concentrate on everything but not on racing. I would only recommend Excellent range of cars and upgrades, pretty nice drifting engine, suggestive cinematic atmosphere mixes here with sub par graphics, terribly unbalanced gameplay, non-existant story and almost complete lack of true racing (no circuits, only duel races). Guys from Eutechnyx are true masters in creating racing games that concentrate on everything but not on racing. I would only recommend this one for true fans of original movie and car maniacs. Expand
  8. Dec 10, 2013
    Physics are simply terrible, anyone has a concept about "what a tuned car should act like" will agree with me. I put some rating points to this game only for the tasty body kits and rims, these fantastic cars deserve a better platform.

#65 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2006

1. The strongest features it offers are the robust customization and nice car models. There are better "underground" racers out there with comparable features (many of which can now be had for half this game's $40 price tag), and if you're a fan of the movies, the movies are what you should watch.
  2. A fairly basic and accessible racing game is unfortunately marred by upgrades that aren't sufficiently explained. The setting is ripe for a sequel, however, and I'm hoping that it gets just a little more newbie-friendly. For my sake.
  3. Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
    I want to like The Fast and The Furious, because somewhere under all the excruciating load times and arcade setting menus(I have to load a menu to change my camera angle? Ugh!)lies a solid game. It's a real shame. [Nov. 2006, p.119]