The Getaway: Black Monday PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Jan 11, 2005
7.6

1. AB
    Jan 10, 2005
    I thought that I could only die once but Sony has appearantly proved me wrong as they've released a crappy sequel to the crappy first "The Getaway" game. The first game had ridiculous control and bad acting, and they've managed to make this one even worse.
  2. RickN.
    Mar 8, 2005
    To all the people who voted this as a 10 and said thats it's "wicked" or whatever. Your wrong. Its boring.
  3. MutherF.
    May 9, 2005
    Game was boring, controls were crap, story line was also crap, the only good thing is the free roam mode, the graphics arnt that good, not worth the money i paid.
  4. RyanW.
    May 29, 2005
    After playing the original getaway i was expecting more of the same excitement. But I was left feeling bitterly disappointed with this sequel. It bored me to tears.

1. The locations feel more spacious than the original, too, and missions are varied so drug busts move into car chases with only the slightest hint of nausea...A limited but exciting experience.
  2. Maybe if any of the significant flaws of the original had been ironed out, and the missions were actually compelling, we wouldn't mind, but the excitement and thirst for vengeance of the original has been replaced by exceptionally ordinary shoot-'em-up missions, one on-rails shooting section, and a few awful stealth encounters.
  3. As it stands Black Monday just cannot compete with the truly impressive games released for the Playstation 2 this year.