The Godfather PlayStation 2

8.3

1. DavidB.
    Apr 6, 2006
    Yes, the mission modes are only about 15 hours long, but those hours go so quickly, but also, you just cant stay away from it, its so addivtive. i have already become don of NYC in one day. it is the best game iv ever played.
  2. AngelM.
    Mar 24, 2006
    Very suprised by the great graphics and awesome gameplay. Love the interrogation and bribing system. very unique. a must buy!
  3. May 6, 2015
    Better than GTA San Andreas. .
  4. Aug 22, 2015
    Surely the best game I've ever played in my life, one of the best (if not the best) open world game world! Everything in this game is good, cars, history (the film in this case), gameplay, port on the platforms, all! I recommend it to everyone!
  5. CallumG.
    Apr 3, 2006
    Great game has alot in common to GTA but in a good way.
  6. AkshayD.
    May 4, 2006
    The godfather has a lot of resemblance to GTA: San Andreas. The sym's engine intergrated in the game gives the gamer a sense of appartenance because you can create the charater the way you like. The godfather is based on the movie and the game reflects it well. The camera view is very good. The fights in it are excellent because you can kill someone in different ways and find the The godfather has a lot of resemblance to GTA: San Andreas. The sym's engine intergrated in the game gives the gamer a sense of appartenance because you can create the charater the way you like. The godfather is based on the movie and the game reflects it well. The camera view is very good. The fights in it are excellent because you can kill someone in different ways and find the weak spot of your ennemies but sometimes it is difficult to fight against an increasing number of ennemies. The large amount of guns available makes the game become more violent and this is not to be changed. The only thing that I can reproach to the game is the ressemblance of all the cars. The story mission is quite direct but the other small missions add length to the game. I recommend the game to everyone because it is very fun and you become addicted to it. Expand
  7. VivR.
    Jun 15, 2006
    Great game nothing deserves 10. Emon X, you are entitled to your own opinion, I thoroughly enjoyed your ideas, but don't you think your rating will only make you look like you're sulking rather than giving good imput.
  8. Rocky
    Dec 26, 2006
    Great gameplay, good graphics, and great storyline. If you have not got this game yet go out and get it, well worth it.
  9. RyanF.
    Mar 22, 2006
    I am having a blast playing the game I feel like a young mobster in the game so far. Trying to help out the don. fun stuff. A lot of glicthy LOD things.
  10. RobB.
    Apr 2, 2006
    Good game, graphics could be a little better but the gameplay is superb, highly immersive, beats the crap out of GTA VC/SA. Best bit is throwing ppl off roofs, through windows or doing hits.
  11. BrianN.
    Jun 7, 2006
    EA did a great job letting you into the family. You get to beat people down in a whole new way that now other RWS (real world sim) has done before. Plus there is a fun new intimidation factor that is quite enjoyable. Explosions are portrayed in all there brilliance. Whether it's bombing a store, blowing up cars, shooting at fuel pumps, or destroying mansions, you'll notice an EA did a great job letting you into the family. You get to beat people down in a whole new way that now other RWS (real world sim) has done before. Plus there is a fun new intimidation factor that is quite enjoyable. Explosions are portrayed in all there brilliance. Whether it's bombing a store, blowing up cars, shooting at fuel pumps, or destroying mansions, you'll notice an extra flare to booms and bangs. The only quib I have is that there could have been more cars. But honestly who cares when you be in the mob and eventually become the done of New York City! Expand
  12. CalM.
    Mar 22, 2006
    I'm only about 7 hours in but I'm having a blast. Bit too much driving and more than I expected but lots of wholey intensely satisfying combat, death, violence, extortion and bloody punishment. Was never a big fan of the movies apart from GF2 but it don't matter - you don't need to be a godfather nerd or movie freak to love this game.
  13. SamS.
    Mar 27, 2006
    Despite the gameplay taking a lot from GTA the fighting is great and I found the targeting system to be better than GTA. In GTA you only shot guys in the chest for the most part. In this it's easier for you to get a headshot or a kneeshot. Great game great animations and acting. EA did better than I expected representing the Godfather.
  14. GeryH.
    Mar 27, 2006
    Excellent game with some really clever additions. Graphics are excellent, especially the explosions! Great character models & physics as you throw someone through a window or off a roof etc. about 5 hours in now & i cant stop playing it. recommended.
  15. PatrickD.
    Mar 27, 2006
    The critic who said taking over rackets becomes an obsession is spot on. Taking over businesses from the rival families is much more fun than the missions themselves. The only problem is the targeting system can be frustrating at times. It'd be nice if it automatically switched to the people shooting at you so you don't have to fumble around while someone is pouring tommy-gun The critic who said taking over rackets becomes an obsession is spot on. Taking over businesses from the rival families is much more fun than the missions themselves. The only problem is the targeting system can be frustrating at times. It'd be nice if it automatically switched to the people shooting at you so you don't have to fumble around while someone is pouring tommy-gun bullets into you. Other than that it's a heck of a lot of fun. Expand
  16. Nov 8, 2011
    Esse jogo é na minha opinião um dos Melhores Jogos no PS2 e da EA Games já lançados até hoje, alem de um grande filme que é The Godfather, o jogo também é Excelente.
  17. ChrisG.
    Apr 4, 2006
    Good: Interesting story in how it shows familiar events in the movie from a different angle. I liked the aiming system and how it was easy to shoot specific body parts. Also, good character customization. Decent variety in the main missions, and the side missions are fun if you just want to kill someone. Overall a pretty good, fun game. Bad: Targeting when surrounded by multiple enemies Good: Interesting story in how it shows familiar events in the movie from a different angle. I liked the aiming system and how it was easy to shoot specific body parts. Also, good character customization. Decent variety in the main missions, and the side missions are fun if you just want to kill someone. Overall a pretty good, fun game. Bad: Targeting when surrounded by multiple enemies was difficult. Driving long distances in slow cars with only one song to listen to over and over is tedious. There are barber shops and tailor shops in the city, but you can only use them in the pre-game menus when loading the game, not in-game. Expand
  18. EricM.
    Mar 26, 2006
    This is a tough one to rate. It's a big time GTA ripoff, its cliche, slow and boring car chases, and its got very bland graphics. Yet...I'm completely drawn in. I haven't picked up a game and played for more than 20 minutes at a time since God Of War but I'm sucked in. I like the character customization and some of the missions are a lot of fun. The side missions are This is a tough one to rate. It's a big time GTA ripoff, its cliche, slow and boring car chases, and its got very bland graphics. Yet...I'm completely drawn in. I haven't picked up a game and played for more than 20 minutes at a time since God Of War but I'm sucked in. I like the character customization and some of the missions are a lot of fun. The side missions are what have me drawn in also. Extorting, Racketing, and Hostile gang takeovers really make you feel like a gangster here. If your looking for a good GTA clone, this is it. As long as you don't mind slow cars and lots of destination driving. Expand
  19. DevonW.
    Jun 26, 2007
    Well this game rocks but its missing something. And its really fun extorting shops and beatin the hell outa people.
  20. Jul 8, 2015
    The game is awesome, all these missions give at least 25 hours of gameplay, the only thing that could be better is the end, when you finish the missions

#15 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2006
#43 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2006

Whether through it's trademark music or unique take on the film's plot, The Godfather does something that licensed video games have tried and failed to accomplish in the past - give gamers a good time and an experience worthy of the film it's emulating.
  2. The Godfather is a satisfying, lengthy adventure, and more importantly, it remains faithful to the classic film while managing to create a compelling story of its own.
  3. The action is bloody and satisfying, the story plays out like exceptionally well-written fan-fiction and the spirit of the movie and its characters are intact.