The Godfather PlayStation 2

8.3

1. DavidB.
    Apr 6, 2006
    Yes, the mission modes are only about 15 hours long, but those hours go so quickly, but also, you just cant stay away from it, its so addivtive. i have already become don of NYC in one day. it is the best game iv ever played.
  2. Nov 8, 2011
    Esse jogo é na minha opinião um dos Melhores Jogos no PS2 e da EA Games já lançados até hoje, alem de um grande filme que é The Godfather, o jogo também é Excelente.
  3. Dec 8, 2012
    Another great game. Insane gameplay and plot, very good graphics and excellent sound. This is a very good game which should be played by everyone who likes its genre.
  4. CallumG.
    Apr 3, 2006
    Great game has alot in common to GTA but in a good way.
  5. ChrisG.
    Apr 4, 2006
    Good: Interesting story in how it shows familiar events in the movie from a different angle. I liked the aiming system and how it was easy to shoot specific body parts. Also, good character customization. Decent variety in the main missions, and the side missions are fun if you just want to kill someone. Overall a pretty good, fun game. Bad: Targeting when surrounded by multiple enemies Good: Interesting story in how it shows familiar events in the movie from a different angle. I liked the aiming system and how it was easy to shoot specific body parts. Also, good character customization. Decent variety in the main missions, and the side missions are fun if you just want to kill someone. Overall a pretty good, fun game. Bad: Targeting when surrounded by multiple enemies was difficult. Driving long distances in slow cars with only one song to listen to over and over is tedious. There are barber shops and tailor shops in the city, but you can only use them in the pre-game menus when loading the game, not in-game. Expand
  6. AkshayD.
    May 4, 2006
    The godfather has a lot of resemblance to GTA: San Andreas. The sym's engine intergrated in the game gives the gamer a sense of appartenance because you can create the charater the way you like. The godfather is based on the movie and the game reflects it well. The camera view is very good. The fights in it are excellent because you can kill someone in different ways and find the The godfather has a lot of resemblance to GTA: San Andreas. The sym's engine intergrated in the game gives the gamer a sense of appartenance because you can create the charater the way you like. The godfather is based on the movie and the game reflects it well. The camera view is very good. The fights in it are excellent because you can kill someone in different ways and find the weak spot of your ennemies but sometimes it is difficult to fight against an increasing number of ennemies. The large amount of guns available makes the game become more violent and this is not to be changed. The only thing that I can reproach to the game is the ressemblance of all the cars. The story mission is quite direct but the other small missions add length to the game. I recommend the game to everyone because it is very fun and you become addicted to it. Expand
  7. VivR.
    Jun 15, 2006
    Great game nothing deserves 10. Emon X, you are entitled to your own opinion, I thoroughly enjoyed your ideas, but don't you think your rating will only make you look like you're sulking rather than giving good imput.
  8. Rocky
    Dec 26, 2006
    Great gameplay, good graphics, and great storyline. If you have not got this game yet go out and get it, well worth it.
  9. RyanF.
    Mar 22, 2006
    I am having a blast playing the game I feel like a young mobster in the game so far. Trying to help out the don. fun stuff. A lot of glicthy LOD things.
  10. AngelM.
    Mar 24, 2006
    Very suprised by the great graphics and awesome gameplay. Love the interrogation and bribing system. very unique. a must buy!
  11. GaryM.
    Apr 1, 2006
    The game is truly entertaining. My only complaint is the hideous controls. EA: Better do it better.
  12. RobB.
    Apr 2, 2006
    Good game, graphics could be a little better but the gameplay is superb, highly immersive, beats the crap out of GTA VC/SA. Best bit is throwing ppl off roofs, through windows or doing hits.
  13. BrianN.
    Jun 7, 2006
    EA did a great job letting you into the family. You get to beat people down in a whole new way that now other RWS (real world sim) has done before. Plus there is a fun new intimidation factor that is quite enjoyable. Explosions are portrayed in all there brilliance. Whether it's bombing a store, blowing up cars, shooting at fuel pumps, or destroying mansions, you'll notice an EA did a great job letting you into the family. You get to beat people down in a whole new way that now other RWS (real world sim) has done before. Plus there is a fun new intimidation factor that is quite enjoyable. Explosions are portrayed in all there brilliance. Whether it's bombing a store, blowing up cars, shooting at fuel pumps, or destroying mansions, you'll notice an extra flare to booms and bangs. The only quib I have is that there could have been more cars. But honestly who cares when you be in the mob and eventually become the done of New York City! Expand
  14. BobA.
    Oct 17, 2006
    Fun at first but after you realize you're doing the exact same things over and over and over you get bored quickly. Even the people on the street say the same things to you again and again. Very predictible and not at all worthy of the movie license it has. I sold it immediately after finishing it.
  15. CalM.
    Mar 22, 2006
    I'm only about 7 hours in but I'm having a blast. Bit too much driving and more than I expected but lots of wholey intensely satisfying combat, death, violence, extortion and bloody punishment. Was never a big fan of the movies apart from GF2 but it don't matter - you don't need to be a godfather nerd or movie freak to love this game.
  16. davidshearer
    Mar 25, 2006
    I though it was okay. They def stuck to the movie script and used a lot of the same lines. I didnt like the mouse movement nor the fact that it was another vice city knock off.

www.wiseguysmod.com - this is a real mafia game, and im making it. Shootem up !
  17. EricM.
    Mar 26, 2006
    This is a tough one to rate. It's a big time GTA ripoff, its cliche, slow and boring car chases, and its got very bland graphics. Yet...I'm completely drawn in. I haven't picked up a game and played for more than 20 minutes at a time since God Of War but I'm sucked in. I like the character customization and some of the missions are a lot of fun. The side missions are This is a tough one to rate. It's a big time GTA ripoff, its cliche, slow and boring car chases, and its got very bland graphics. Yet...I'm completely drawn in. I haven't picked up a game and played for more than 20 minutes at a time since God Of War but I'm sucked in. I like the character customization and some of the missions are a lot of fun. The side missions are what have me drawn in also. Extorting, Racketing, and Hostile gang takeovers really make you feel like a gangster here. If your looking for a good GTA clone, this is it. As long as you don't mind slow cars and lots of destination driving. Expand
  18. BradP.
    Mar 26, 2006
    First, the good. Gameplay is pretty well done, only bogging down in tight interior firefights. Execution styles and extortion weak points are a nice touch. In the minus column, there are none of the mini-games that make GTA so interesting. The music, although faithful to the movie, gets old quickly. Hardly any outside environments (like in the highly underrated Mafia) and only 4 cars to First, the good. Gameplay is pretty well done, only bogging down in tight interior firefights. Execution styles and extortion weak points are a nice touch. In the minus column, there are none of the mini-games that make GTA so interesting. The music, although faithful to the movie, gets old quickly. Hardly any outside environments (like in the highly underrated Mafia) and only 4 cars to drive. Not only are there no female characters from the movie, Michael looks and sounds nothing like Al Pacino. All in all, a fun game that could have been substantially better. Collapse
  19. SamS.
    Mar 27, 2006
    Despite the gameplay taking a lot from GTA the fighting is great and I found the targeting system to be better than GTA. In GTA you only shot guys in the chest for the most part. In this it's easier for you to get a headshot or a kneeshot. Great game great animations and acting. EA did better than I expected representing the Godfather.
  20. GeryH.
    Mar 27, 2006
    Excellent game with some really clever additions. Graphics are excellent, especially the explosions! Great character models & physics as you throw someone through a window or off a roof etc. about 5 hours in now & i cant stop playing it. recommended.
  21. PatrickD.
    Mar 27, 2006
    The critic who said taking over rackets becomes an obsession is spot on. Taking over businesses from the rival families is much more fun than the missions themselves. The only problem is the targeting system can be frustrating at times. It'd be nice if it automatically switched to the people shooting at you so you don't have to fumble around while someone is pouring tommy-gun The critic who said taking over rackets becomes an obsession is spot on. Taking over businesses from the rival families is much more fun than the missions themselves. The only problem is the targeting system can be frustrating at times. It'd be nice if it automatically switched to the people shooting at you so you don't have to fumble around while someone is pouring tommy-gun bullets into you. Other than that it's a heck of a lot of fun. Expand
  22. EmonX.
    Mar 29, 2006
    Although the periods of history the film depicts could certainly afford some interesting pockets of opportunity to make gameplay in, this game doesn't manage to pull anything noteworthy off. Barely scratches the richness license except through a fairly meager parade of referential cameos, and certainly doesn't even dent the robust and diverse history of NYC depression era Although the periods of history the film depicts could certainly afford some interesting pockets of opportunity to make gameplay in, this game doesn't manage to pull anything noteworthy off. Barely scratches the richness license except through a fairly meager parade of referential cameos, and certainly doesn't even dent the robust and diverse history of NYC depression era underworld, speakeasy culture or ethnic rivalries; or anything else really authentic deeper than an occasional mick or wop joke and some overly derivative and clumsy-at-best combat mechanics. Why can't I hang on the running board of some hurtling black hearse and Tommy Gun down some snitch informants or newspaper hawker kids? If I'm not a Made man or someone famous from the film, why can't I redefine the game and become a cop trying to crush the family or a hired gun trying to kill them all as spectacularly as possible? True, thought was very cute getting to set up scenes from the film, gun in toilet and horse head in bed, however also felt rather belittled by that as well. If I Expand
  23. DevonW.
    Jun 26, 2007
    Well this game rocks but its missing something. And its really fun extorting shops and beatin the hell outa people.
  24. RobertSlick
    Mar 16, 2006
    EA does it again, they have ruined this franchise. The game completely blows. It's visualy boring, and not at all like the concept paintings they first showed us. The game also promised many features and didn't deliver on any of them. The dialogue is good, but besides that, it's terrible. The executive producer should be fired.
  25. May 6, 2015
    Better than GTA San Andreas. .
  26. Jul 8, 2015
    The game is awesome, all these missions give at least 25 hours of gameplay, the only thing that could be better is the end, when you finish the missions
  27. Aug 22, 2015
    Surely the best game I've ever played in my life, one of the best (if not the best) open world game world! Everything in this game is good, cars, history (the film in this case), gameplay, port on the platforms, all! I recommend it to everyone!
  28. Sep 25, 2015
    a bad game by far prefer the San Andreas does not offer anything innovative with a bad character and a pathetic story that I think is pathetic **** do not buy this game

#15 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2006
#46 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2006

Whether through it's trademark music or unique take on the film's plot, The Godfather does something that licensed video games have tried and failed to accomplish in the past - give gamers a good time and an experience worthy of the film it's emulating.
  2. The Godfather is a satisfying, lengthy adventure, and more importantly, it remains faithful to the classic film while managing to create a compelling story of its own.
  3. The action is bloody and satisfying, the story plays out like exceptionally well-written fan-fiction and the spirit of the movie and its characters are intact.