5.2

1. OhPoop
    Jul 11, 2008
    This game was terrible. The gameplay was ridiculous and boring. First off it starts from the middle of the story as a sort of tutorial, which was...playable I suppose. However, after you finishes the so called tutorial level, you are thrown back to the beginning of the story, where the game becomes absolute garbage. The gameplay becomes lame and unplayable, making you want to press aThis game was terrible. The gameplay was ridiculous and boring. First off it starts from the middle of the story as a sort of tutorial, which was...playable I suppose. However, after you finishes the so called tutorial level, you are thrown back to the beginning of the story, where the game becomes absolute garbage. The gameplay becomes lame and unplayable, making you want to press a gun to your temple and pull the trigger within seconds. It's E.T. the game all over again folks. You have been forewarned. Collapse
  2. ManuP.
    Dec 16, 2007
    Licence games have gotten better lately, but Golden Compass throws them back to the 90s. Straightforward, simple, boring. Some decent graphics in the action parts.

#68 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2007

1. There’s not really much more to say about the game other than just ranting about our horrible experience with it. Surely, that would bore you, our respected readers. We’re actually somewhat sorry that you’re being exposed to this game in the first place. Please, look elsewhere for gaming if you want to do yourselves a favor.
  2. Official Playstation 2 Magazine UK
    Not a disaster, but sorely lacking in polish. It is riddled with problems and takes too many liberties with the franchise. [Christmas 2007, p.98]
  3. The Golden Compass is just another family-friendly film cash-in with few redeeming qualities.