7.4

1. ElizabethW.
    Oct 29, 2008
    Very good game, I think. The free flight was exciting and many parts of the game pose a good challenge and has lots to do. The few problems were that it is a rather short game and sometimes the camera is strange. But other than that there are a lot of things to enjoy about Dawn of the Dragon, I recommend it.
  2. JoshuaY
    Aug 24, 2009
    This is a very good game in my opinion. he free flight looks beautiful in the ps3 version and alright in the ps2 version. Has some challenges that are fun and including to use both dragons. Sometimes the camera goes a little strange. now the ending is really, really, really good i have never seen a good ending like this in a long time. I recommend picking this up and playing it. and if This is a very good game in my opinion. he free flight looks beautiful in the ps3 version and alright in the ps2 version. Has some challenges that are fun and including to use both dragons. Sometimes the camera goes a little strange. now the ending is really, really, really good i have never seen a good ending like this in a long time. I recommend picking this up and playing it. and if your a Spyro fan like me i highly recommend playing this. Expand
  3. BrandonA.
    Nov 28, 2008
    It is a well made game with good graphics. I like how the overall feel of the gameplay seems to focus on a more serious gendre, as well as the fact you can play as a second charechter, cynder. But one thing this game could improve on is the overall power of spyro and cynder.
  4. KatherineJ
    Nov 28, 2009
    I absolutley love this game it is well worth paying and playing, the gameplay is amazing with beautifull levels to play, with Avalar being the best, how it introduces cynder as an allie is fun you can play as her. The ending is a real cliffhanger, i wonder if the movie is going to be great just like this
  5. Nov 17, 2011
    a really enjoyable game, i played this and i really enjoyed it, the gameplay is very very put, maybe the camera could be better but i wont complain about that. The difficulty really spikes up in latter levels. There is a lot of exploring to do with the gems and chests. This game is really worth having. Now its at a lower price so it reallly recoomened
  6. Nov 10, 2011
    Disappointment. When Insomniac relinquished control, the series became a hollow shell of its former self. Don't expect too much from this. If you wanna play a Spyro game, try the original 3 for the original PlayStation, available on the PSN for download. Trust me, it is worth it. This game is a huge letdown for me and many Spyro fans.
  7. Feb 22, 2013
    While different from past titles and it's darker theme Dawn of the Dragon is a very solid, original game with one of the best co-op gameplay I've ever played. The graphics, for a PS2 game is stunning with its divinely level design. The game however is slow and gets extremely frustrating because of the level of difficulty despite being at an early stage of the game. It can also get veryWhile different from past titles and it's darker theme Dawn of the Dragon is a very solid, original game with one of the best co-op gameplay I've ever played. The graphics, for a PS2 game is stunning with its divinely level design. The game however is slow and gets extremely frustrating because of the level of difficulty despite being at an early stage of the game. It can also get very boring, but nonetheless addicting as the co-op can keep you alive for hours. Despite it's cruel amount of difficulty, it is however a brilliant, stunning game. This is my first and only Spyro game I ever played, so consider my review completely unbaised. Expand
  8. Dec 18, 2012
    Usually when playing a game you enjoy while you play it, and you stop enjoying it when you aren't; that's not the case here. This game is so unrefined it's unbearable, but for some reason whenever you aren't playing it, it feels like you want to play the game again, you remember that you didn't have a good time but feel like you would next time you play it. I can play a bad game, but justUsually when playing a game you enjoy while you play it, and you stop enjoying it when you aren't; that's not the case here. This game is so unrefined it's unbearable, but for some reason whenever you aren't playing it, it feels like you want to play the game again, you remember that you didn't have a good time but feel like you would next time you play it. I can play a bad game, but just not this one for some reason. Not to say that it is bad per se, but it definitely won't be remembered in a glorious light. Graphics: bad, they obviously weren't made to be ported to the ps2. Also, everything is so overly saturated and bright that it one could get a headache if they stay in a sunny grassy field for too long.

Music: Not bad but not anything worth mentioning. It sounds like they were trying to give you a Lord of the Rings feeling through the music.

Gameplay: Interesting design, not well executed. Story: Laughable, it takes itself way too seriously, and characters are also very annoying at times, and everyone seems to be completely oblivious to common logic.

If you're going to get this game, at least get it for an hd console, at least then the graphics won't be so bland.
  9. Feb 7, 2015
    I really enjoyed this game it was a good third instalment to the series but I did have issues with it.
    1st being the character redesigns, I been told that cynder and spyro have to look different because of the three year time gap and that makes no sense due to the fact they were frozen in crystal. I feel that its "American Dragon" with this game it was too late to make redesigns. I was so use to everyones design that their new ones were and eyesore.
    2nd The mana level drains quicker and I don't know if its my ps2 copy but the cheat codes dont work. I followed the instructions from the book and they dont work.
    3rd The voice acting sounds lazy. I cant really describe a specific situation without spoiling anything.
    4th this is the biggest irritation the game ends on a cliffhanger its 2015 and no 4th installment when the guidebook and the game hinted a 4th installment by now I'm looking forward to Activision letting go of the rights to spyro for the ps1 games to have a ps4 reboot...
    This game does have good qualitites. I love that you can take flight at anytime that was my favorite thing out of the whole game. I also like how you can play as Cynder it was fun playing as her. The enviorments were beautifully done and I love how they introduced a classic character.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Spyro grows up, flies in company, goes farther, glides over wider scenarios, but he doesn't better himself. The trilogy ends in a videogame which keeps alive the prestige of the franchise, although the power of the dragon should be improved in the future.
  2. The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon may have seen its better days but this game has about as much appeal as playing some of those older games from days gone by. With such a lack of creativity and new gameplay the game does not make for much fun and the PlayStation 2 version is no different than the PS3 version.
    Cooperative multiplayer mode aside, there's no "new generation" style hook and the resulting play mechanics therefore don't feel fresh (especially after two prequels), but the fundamentals are sound and the presentation better than you expect.