5.5

1. May 21, 2017
    Right when I just finished the first game in this trilogy, I was ready to move on to the next game, but after seeing how poorly this game was reviewed by both fans and critics, I was genuinely concerned. To my surprise, though, I found this game very entertaining.

The story intrested me in how dark it was getting, compared to the first. The gameplay, while imperfect, was enjoyable. My only, real problem with this game is its difficulty. Some parts are balanced, and fun, while others are Dark Souls level of frustrating. The game can even be unfair in some instances.

But, despite that, I really loved this game.
    I recommend this to anyone who LOVES a huge challenge.
  2. Mar 4, 2017
    If The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning wasn't the worst game in the franchise (which it is), then this one would be. It carries over the same story and gameplay problems from the first game (although with an improved save system), and on top of that, has a completely brutal difficulty! Fighting groups of enemies is now more rampant than ever, you get knocked back and temporarily stunnedIf The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning wasn't the worst game in the franchise (which it is), then this one would be. It carries over the same story and gameplay problems from the first game (although with an improved save system), and on top of that, has a completely brutal difficulty! Fighting groups of enemies is now more rampant than ever, you get knocked back and temporarily stunned by each hit, giving enemies more time to kill you, and every time you die (which will happen a lot!), Sparks says something obnoxious. The formula for playing this game is: progress a little, get stuck and die 20 times, quit game and come back to it months later, beat what you got stuck on, progress a little more, get stuck and die 20 times, quit game and come back to it months later, and repeat over and over and over and over and OVER again! Does that sound fun? Because it most certainly isn't! Expand
  3. Jul 22, 2016
    It is better than enter the dragon fly but not by much. This game is glitchy and bland. There are some good qualities about this game but the cons are much more bigger than the pros.
  4. Feb 21, 2014
    I enjoy the new story and new abilities. I truly love how the start starts off where the first game left off. The new enemies and Allies are a nice touch
  5. Feb 5, 2012
    The story is lame, the game's difficulty balance is terrible and overall it isn't a good game or worth your money or time. Do not bother ever putting this game in your Ps2 because you will be dissapointed.
  6. Nov 10, 2011
    A bad game. This series was killed after Insomniac released the control. You shouldn't waste your time with this game. I wouldn't even give this to my worst enemy. That is how bad it is.
  7. Apr 13, 2011
    Even more wooden-hearted and mean-spirited than A New Beginning. Pros: Again, good graphics and visuals. Cons: Again, generic and formulaic, and refuses to push the boundaries of whatever genre it "claims" to be.
  8. KeenanSullivan
    Jul 14, 2009
    This game is pretty solid for what it is. Sure it has camera problems and sometimes awkward difficulty balance, but this is still a rather fun and entertaining game. I wish more games looked this good on the PS2 because this game has wonderful level designs. This game also has pretty good platforming gameplay and solid combat skills. The music seems like it was pulled out of Lord of theThis game is pretty solid for what it is. Sure it has camera problems and sometimes awkward difficulty balance, but this is still a rather fun and entertaining game. I wish more games looked this good on the PS2 because this game has wonderful level designs. This game also has pretty good platforming gameplay and solid combat skills. The music seems like it was pulled out of Lord of the Rings, but it's still pretty good. This game also has a nice celebrity voice-cast as well (Even if Elijah Wood seems bored during the game). Still, this is a solid game that provides a decent challenge and awards to keep the player interested. Expand
  9. Daniel
    Oct 28, 2007
    This game was challenging enough that I had a little trouble getting past a few points in the game. Still I enjoyed this game even if it had some minor deffects. Now there will be pro's and con's that I would like to mention. con's -the controls were a little off -this game got sloppy at times -slowing time down was visualy annoying -voice acting in movies because it got a This game was challenging enough that I had a little trouble getting past a few points in the game. Still I enjoyed this game even if it had some minor deffects. Now there will be pro's and con's that I would like to mention. con's -the controls were a little off -this game got sloppy at times -slowing time down was visualy annoying -voice acting in movies because it got a little too quiet.- they could have made going into enemy fights less annoying after death -they could have made one of the levels a little shorter pro's -the grapics were amazing, better than before , ( yet the most amazing part was not shown -good sound and music qualiity, ( sounds almost like myst and lord of the rings combined) -this game has a diffrent style than before, ( maybe not likable to some ) - it had a fine adventure - it was a very fun game to me. - this game was more challenging than before. -finally; this game wasn't too easy. these are my given ratings; grapics= 910, sound= 8.510, controls= 610, performance 6.510, fun factor 810. Expand
  10. tom
    Sep 23, 2007
    Spyro died after the 3rd release by Insomniac. The rest of the series is pure garbage. The same with Crash series
  11. Feb 5, 2012

#14 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2007

1. Spyro's gameplay works just like it's suppose to--just like it has in every other game in the last decade, so it feels like the development team just phoned this one in. [Nov 2007, p.142]
  2. A solid platformer with some nice visuals and simple but enjoyable gameplay. It doesn't have any huge, glaring deficiencies to speak of, but at the same time, it's simply not cut from the sort of stock that makes a classic.
  3. Play Magazine
    What Insomniac began Krome have now made completely their own, taking Spyro from a lighthearted adventure to a hardcore dark platformer. [Nov 2007, p.56]