4.8

1. Nov 5, 2011
    For what it is it is fairly good,though it could have done with alot of polishing up.Its a gme you will either love our hate,but I would cautiously recommend it.
  2. Nov 13, 2012
    Not quite sure what I was expecting when I began playing this game, and I'm still not quite sure what to make of it. It has some "nice" moments like when you travel with Tom Bombadil as Frodo, or fight of oncoming trolls and orcs as Gandalf, and had some potentially nice level designs. But therein lies the problem. The developers, Black Label Games, seemed to have got about half wayNot quite sure what I was expecting when I began playing this game, and I'm still not quite sure what to make of it. It has some "nice" moments like when you travel with Tom Bombadil as Frodo, or fight of oncoming trolls and orcs as Gandalf, and had some potentially nice level designs. But therein lies the problem. The developers, Black Label Games, seemed to have got about half way through rendering its world, and then stopped, and took many shortcuts whilst getting to the halfway point. I found myself wandering through Hobbiton, and walked into a river, only to find they had left out both the sound of water flowing, but also the effects of you walking in it. I was basically walking on a thin sheet of white, with two inanimate ducks floating about . This is just one of the many simple things that you would expect to find in a game. Some environments were completely bland, and devoid of any life, only the odd sound of a bird to keep you company. Character models were surprisingly worse, and almost comical, with Aragon looking like a women, and Sam as...I'm still not sure. The only good looking one of the lot was Gimili, which was a bit strange considering how poorly he was rendered in the game based on the movie the first two films, by E.A games. In the end you will probably only get this for being based on The Lord Of The Rings books, and that is probably what the developers expected too. I also found it the one of only two reasons for continuing playing through some poorly developed mission and basic combat. The second, well it those have the occasional charming moment, like when you find yourself saving Merry and Pippin from Old Man Willow, which is absent in the films, but these few moments aren't enough to play through some shoddy few hours of boring game play. Expand
  3. Bunny1022
    Mar 9, 2003
    While i appreciate the attention to detail from the book, the game as an rpg sucks. the missions are pointless, the character design is laughable, and the camera angle are the worst ever, period. Do yourself a favor, if you MUST play this game do to some odd mental dysfunction you have, at least save yourself $50 and rent it.
  4. Sam
    Sep 2, 2005
    GOD this game sucks. Anyone who likes it is a moron. Best PS2 game ever? They obviously haven't played any of the GTA's or Ratchet and Clanks. Decent graphics, but simple controls and awful gameplay dissapoint me.
  5. NickJ.
    Jan 7, 2003
    bbbbboooooorrrrrriiiinnggg. It's so bad it impossible to just get past a damn nazgul, you can't even see them, i got caught 10 times. Worst game ever.
  6. Biddaddy
    Feb 12, 2003
    Couldnt get past the second major monster, impossible! iM GLAD I ONLY RENTED THE GAME.
  7. BobITSABOY
    Feb 16, 2003
    It is the one of the best games out there for the Playstation Two and if you're a fan of Lord OF the Rings well the this is a must have for your collection.
  8. EldonT.
    Mar 7, 2004
    The game is an attempt. it's really bad in the beginning. about the only good thing about it was the fact that it meticulously followed the storyline. the game needs more fighting. i mean come on! you probably kill about 40 enemies tops. and most of it is just "go find this" and "retrieve that". gandalf's limited abilities kill whatever interest you had in playing him. in short: The game is an attempt. it's really bad in the beginning. about the only good thing about it was the fact that it meticulously followed the storyline. the game needs more fighting. i mean come on! you probably kill about 40 enemies tops. and most of it is just "go find this" and "retrieve that". gandalf's limited abilities kill whatever interest you had in playing him. in short: don't pay more than $6.99 for this "interactive experience". Expand
  9. G-Money
    Jun 14, 2006
    A game for people who like the book and want to play the story instead of just killing stuff over and over. Not the best game ever but not the worst either as some have said. A decent, light adventure game not aimed at the hard-core gamer market.
  10. hnfcx
    Jan 11, 2003
    This game is so bad I can't even give it a 1.
  11. SeaToad
    Aug 24, 2003
    BEST PS2 GAME EVER. hey! dont listen to the people saying "oh! i cant get past the nazgul" thats just hobbiton, what do u expect in the shire helms deep or something? GET THIS GAME.

1. But why Surreal Software decided to make the playing the game such hard work is anyone's guess. [GamesMaster]
    The lackluster presentation combined with the clunky and often frustrating gameplay makes Fellowship of the Ring more of a chore to play than anything else.
  3. One boring, predictable and by-the-numbers attempt to cash-in on the popularity of Peter Jackson’s movies.