8.7

1. BenP.
    Jul 11, 2004
    This game is easily one of the best close combat action games i ever played. different powerups and choice of characters gives this game the advantage over other similar games. Well Done EA, this is the most enjoyable games i've ever played (except n64 007)
  2. AndrewJ.
    Jan 31, 2004
    Brilliant! I love this game.
  3. EdwinR.
    Feb 3, 2004
    This is an INCREDIBLE game! I am nuts about it! the only game I've ever found that was better, was 007 nightfire, and that's only because its graphics are better. EA, keep 'em coming!
  4. Brennan_Da_ShamanLester
    Nov 16, 2003
    Lord of all LOTR games!Everything is Perfect!!Online play!?Sweet!The only 2 grips I have is that it's 2 simple & it's easy 2 lose yourself in heavy combat.But come on it's LOTR! p.s:cO-OP is sweet!
  5. SeeBosses
    Nov 3, 2003
    A fun game, end to end. I played the PAL version and want to try online.
  6. JohnS.
    Dec 31, 2003
    It was great everything about it the stages were much bigger and longer which was an excellent improvment from the 2 towers but the problem with the long levels was it was harder to stay alive that long which means you need to give it a couple of goes to finally finish it and when you die you have to go from the start or in some stages the checkpoint which is about halfway and have to doIt was great everything about it the stages were much bigger and longer which was an excellent improvment from the 2 towers but the problem with the long levels was it was harder to stay alive that long which means you need to give it a couple of goes to finally finish it and when you die you have to go from the start or in some stages the checkpoint which is about halfway and have to do the same thing over. there is also a lot of different types of levels not just fight a few guys and get to the end. it hasnt got many stages but the stages are long and harder so it seems like a normal game length. Expand
  7. JoshB.
    Feb 16, 2004
    Awesome, the only word to describe a game like this.
  8. ColeF.
    Jun 12, 2006
    Just a wonderful game and somtimes very hard to beat the ladder level.
  9. EricP.
    Oct 14, 2003
    Great two player fun. If you liked the films, and the previous game, then you'll love this.
  10. DeathSanchez
    Jan 29, 2004
    Perfect in every way. one of the best games ive ever played in my life.
  11. BradW.
    Mar 25, 2004
    This game has intense combat that keeps you on the edge of your seat. You never wanna walk away to you be it and unlocked everything. It has great graphics and sound. I love how it switches from movie to game.
  12. MarcoC.
    Nov 26, 2003
    The Lord of the Rings trilogy is one my favorite movie that all remember in my young life and having to play the game makes me feel like I fell in love with the movie all over again. I played the two towers game and it was awsome. Then I played this game and it was even BETTER, the gameplay was improved, it as co-op play, and even Online play and I'm a online gamer geek lol (my SN The Lord of the Rings trilogy is one my favorite movie that all remember in my young life and having to play the game makes me feel like I fell in love with the movie all over again. I played the two towers game and it was awsome. Then I played this game and it was even BETTER, the gameplay was improved, it as co-op play, and even Online play and I'm a online gamer geek lol (my SN for nearly every good online game is DarkRuler, DarkRulerHades, and latintrigun) anyhow, if you like rpg action type of game (mostly action), doing combos and killing a **** load of bad guys then this is the game for you. "One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them" Expand
  13. ManiacAlchomin
    Dec 25, 2004
    This is truly a very fun game. the best lotr rings game, and one of my favorites.
  14. Nov 22, 2013
    I give very few games a ten but going back and playing this game again ten years later, I am reminded how a truly brilliant co-op game can give my friends and I a more fulfilling experience than many available today.
  15. Feb 23, 2014
    This game thrust me into the Lord of the Rings series with great cut scenes, uncomparable co-op, and great action with its hack and slash gameplay. The games difficulty was also great because it was always rewarding beating a new level (but incredibly frustrating to lose so close to the end of a mission). One of my favorites games growing up
  16. Joe
    May 28, 2004
    This is just as good as the movie, with some bumpy roads.
  17. Sam
    Jul 14, 2005
    It's not the best of all the lord of the rings games, nor is it the best thing to happen to lord of the rings, but it's still a surprisinlgy fun game. I was still a bit dissapointed though. I loved the two towers game because it was an excellent game. This one is pretty much the same except i was expecting more, like a deeper multiplayer portion and better gameplay, but It's not the best of all the lord of the rings games, nor is it the best thing to happen to lord of the rings, but it's still a surprisinlgy fun game. I was still a bit dissapointed though. I loved the two towers game because it was an excellent game. This one is pretty much the same except i was expecting more, like a deeper multiplayer portion and better gameplay, but it's all the same, which isn't a bad thing per se, it's just if you played the first one, don't expect much different and you'll be fine. Expand
  18. FernandoC.
    Jan 26, 2004
    Spanish Comment: Lo mejor: el juego multijugador... lo que no le puedo perdonar que empieza el juego y lo botan en la mitad de la pelea con gandalf... sin posibilidad de entrenar o aprender a manejar al personaje... claro que realmente al principio no importa... pero seria lo unico... de resto buenos graficos buena trama... Recomendado
  19. DanielL.
    Jun 30, 2005
    It's really good and if u don't use cheats the challenge of the game is at it's best i also liked wen you could watch movie clips and u could watch the interview as well the thing i most liked was co-op mode cuase u can become a great team with a friend.
  20. ColeM.
    May 19, 2004
    This is an unbelievable game. when i played the two towers i was like holy wow, when i played return of the king i was even more impressed. the game just got better in every aspect. the LOTR two towers and ROTK could probably be considered some of the best games ever released. i suggest u buy it, because it's definitely worth it. buy both though.
  21. Feb 13, 2011
    This game is fantastic, and one I would highly recommend, the graphics are great and the sound is good, the controls are great, it's a highly enjoyable game with cool characters to unlock, and high replayability, if you enjoyed the movie you'll love this, you can tell alot went into this to make it a highly enjoyable game, and it succeeded in almost every way.
  22. KennyH.
    Jan 9, 2004
    Magnificently fun, but extremely and ridiculously hard. When I die on this game, I want to smash my PS2 into about 8495783 and a half pieces.
  23. MichM.
    Jun 10, 2004
    This game was really awesome, but the only reason I gave it a 8 was because it had some really impossbile levels to beat.
  24. Apr 30, 2012
    This is one of my favorite games. The hack and slash combat is quite good, something which seems to have disappeared in recent times. It also has another feature not seen in quite some time, unlockable characters! (though not available at the time, nowadays it would be DLC) And the ability to go through completed levels with other characters. One of the best games to bear the LotRThis is one of my favorite games. The hack and slash combat is quite good, something which seems to have disappeared in recent times. It also has another feature not seen in quite some time, unlockable characters! (though not available at the time, nowadays it would be DLC) And the ability to go through completed levels with other characters. One of the best games to bear the LotR franchise and despite some minor flaws, is a quality game through and through. They don't make them like this anymore! Expand
  25. Aug 22, 2014
    This game is best played as co-op. It sticks very close to the movie with some extra boss battle thrown in. You can level up aragon, gimli, legolas, and a few others. Levels are at a great difficulty (not too hard but not too easy) and it actually takes strategy to kill bosses when playing co-op. The reason it gets a 7 is because the levels are hit or miss. You will either love a level orThis game is best played as co-op. It sticks very close to the movie with some extra boss battle thrown in. You can level up aragon, gimli, legolas, and a few others. Levels are at a great difficulty (not too hard but not too easy) and it actually takes strategy to kill bosses when playing co-op. The reason it gets a 7 is because the levels are hit or miss. You will either love a level or despise it. Expand
  26. Jan 7, 2015
    For it's time, pretty good, can't take much away from it. The upgrade system was good - spending xp for different moves. The unlockable characters were a cool addition, and the levels were pretty good (apart from Shelobs Lair). However, I did have issue with the cheats that are unlockable at the end of the game, and the interesting staged levels at the end were impossible.

7/10 - Ben Hazelden
  27. SunnyS.
    Aug 21, 2004
    "That was really good......if only I had rented it instead!!!!!!!!!!" }:¬# If you've played the Two Towers then don't be expecting too much from this game. EA rehash games not make them. Unless of course you want to experience an additional 2 characters (the hidden characters are a sham and are merely "reskinned" versions of the characters with the same moves etc) in the "That was really good......if only I had rented it instead!!!!!!!!!!" }:¬# If you've played the Two Towers then don't be expecting too much from this game. EA rehash games not make them. Unless of course you want to experience an additional 2 characters (the hidden characters are a sham and are merely "reskinned" versions of the characters with the same moves etc) in the third movie. However if you're new to the lotr games then this is the best one yet, the gameplay is good if a little repetive but short lived which is its ultimate downfall. If you literally got 2 weekends to burn then you can easily squeeze this rental of a game in. Its a shame that EA didn't make one big lotr game but like Disney they have a motto "Sorry, But There's Profit To Be Had." Collapse
  28. JimmyW.
    Aug 20, 2004
    1 of the most greatest games on the planet.......untill u finish it...what an overrated game.
  29. JOSEPHS.
    May 25, 2004
    Hard= unbeatable normal=unbeatable easy=unbeatable this game is a shame to EA games.

The graphics are first rate, and the action is intensely frenetic. Most important, ROTK turns up the LOTR authenticity full blast. [Jan 2004, p.55]
    The controls for all versions do a masterful job of managing the fierce action. Even in battle so pitched that you literally lose sight of your character amid the multitudinous combatants, you still feel you’re the master of your fate.
  3. This is without a doubt the best game based on a book/movie that I have EVER played. You can really tell that EA went to great pains to ensure its authenticity, and they truly went beyond the call of duty this time.