8.1

Jan 2, 2005
    The best RPG to date.
  2. GeoA.
    Jan 5, 2005
    I liked it a lot because it was so realistic it felt as though you were living the trilogy.
  3. Jun 14, 2012
    Picked this game up again after 7 years and it still feels fantastic. It aged well and I am having just as much fun with it this time around. Buy it. Just do it.
  4. Mar 16, 2016
    dfakjdasfj;lkfsa;lkjfdsa;jlfda;sljdafs;lkjafd;sljalfdskjjlkfadslkjfdasjlkafdsljkfdasljkafdjlkalkfdjslkjfdasljkfdasdlkjflksadkfj;sajldkfadsdfsafdafdsafdsafds
  5. MatthewB.
    May 17, 2004
    This game looks awesome I've been waiting for a lord lord of the rings RPG for a while now but im not sure about the turnbased combat against massive armys anyway it look GREAT.
  6. Vik
    Jan 3, 2005
    It´s a RPG of good game, not equal to Final Fantasy but very good.
  7. EricJ.
    Jan 7, 2005
    I'm not really a fan or RPG's but god damn is this a great game. Probably due to me liking LOTR the movie soo much, but also probably due to this being such a good game. I recomend this to anyone who likes RPGs and to anyone who doesn't, I think you'd like it.
  8. DanL.
    Nov 10, 2004
    I liked it.
  9. SharbazR.
    Nov 2, 2004
    This game is AWESOME!!! I just got it today and I can't stop playing it. OH MY GOD the Balrog battle IS SICK!!!!!
  10. ChrisL.
    Jul 27, 2007
    Awesome game. It shouldn't have been turn based but it's still very good!
  11. Gamejunky
    Nov 17, 2004
    I liked this game a lot. It was just what I was after - An rpg set in middle earth. There are probably of course better rpgs out there (that of course depends very much on rpg tastes) , but I thought this one did a good job. If you like the movies alot and like the idea of a more streamlined rpg, odds are you're really gonna like this one. It's combat is turn based which is I liked this game a lot. It was just what I was after - An rpg set in middle earth. There are probably of course better rpgs out there (that of course depends very much on rpg tastes) , but I thought this one did a good job. If you like the movies alot and like the idea of a more streamlined rpg, odds are you're really gonna like this one. It's combat is turn based which is something I really like since you can never get the same level of strategy in real time combat as you can with turn based. Somehow the combat feels exciting but doesn't seem to get too repetitive since there's alot of different variety in how they mix up the different monsters which makes it so you want to always change your strategy based upon situation. A good description of the combat is think of recent Final Fantasy games. It's very similar. If you like your RPGs to be very micro management and numbers oriented, there's a chance you may not like this one, but if you like the idea of an RPG that's fast paced (minimal downtime and upkeep etc), easy to pickup, and has many of the monotonous logistical aspects done away with, you'll probably like this one a great deal. They basically made an RPG here that leaves in the fun aspect of what makes an rpg great, but got rid of the micromanagement and maintanence aspects. The emphasis here is exploration, and straight forward combat. There is of course still logisitical aspect there, but they're not overdone to where you spend more time number crunching, scientific testing etc, but instead just pick up the controller and lose yourself in the adventure. Expand
  12. TiffaniR.
    Nov 23, 2004
    I love it!!!!
  13. MickB.
    Nov 8, 2004
    If you are a Lord of the Rings fan and like RPG games, this is YOUR GAME. It looks great, ties into the stories without messing with them and once you really start playing the system you realize that EVERYTHING you do has consequence in how your characters develop. Third Age rocks!
  14. AdamL.
    Sep 18, 2007
    I hate turn based games with a passion, I played too many hours of final fantasy in my younger days to not be burnt out on it. That said, this game pulls it off nicely, and the gameplay is fun enough. Certainly worth a try.
  15. Jun 7, 2017
    While it has forgettable characters, a terrible plot, bugs and an overload of items that weren't tested or needed in the final product, The Third Age was a wet dream for those engrossed in the Lord of The Rings craze in the early 2000s. A turn based RPG that had the soundtrack of all three films added (and being so fantastic anyways it's a no brainer), having bosses and enemies that feltWhile it has forgettable characters, a terrible plot, bugs and an overload of items that weren't tested or needed in the final product, The Third Age was a wet dream for those engrossed in the Lord of The Rings craze in the early 2000s. A turn based RPG that had the soundtrack of all three films added (and being so fantastic anyways it's a no brainer), having bosses and enemies that felt awesome to defeat just made the experience so fun. If you are a Lord of The Rings fan, a medieval RPG fan or both, playing this game for the combat and strategy will definitely be the strongest thing you can take away from it and smile proudly. Expand
  16. Apr 5, 2017
    This game has a unique character amongst the other Middle-Earth game it's because based on Japanese Rpg system. You have 6 playable character during your quest. All of them have different skills and characteristic. Story is fine for a PS2 rpg game. If you are a LOTR fan and you looking for some good Middle-Earth video game i can recommend this game to you.

#46 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#30 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. This is not the best RPG title to be released this year by a long shot, but for those who wish to get into the world of Middle-Earth, The Third Age will satisfy some of the desire to become immersed in the story to a deeper level than the previous LOTR titles allowed.
  2. An utterly average RPG gets an average score. Fantastic visuals and killer sound effects can't hide the fact that this is a marathon most gamers won't be able to finish.
    The game lacks the complicated character advancement common in the genre, but it's fast-paced, looks and sounds great, and will keep casual RPG and Lord of the Rings fans happy.