8.2

1. Sam
    Aug 28, 2004
    Fantastic graphics and an outstanding control scheme make this one to remember for all eternity.
  2. TheGamer
    Feb 8, 2003
    I really enjoyed playing The Two Towers (but not as much as I enjoyed watching the film, of course) but certain parts annoyed me to the point of...well...a lot of annoyance. Although I really like the clips that transition from film to game I really just wanted to play and not watch the same clip over and over. Also, even though its nice that you can play as three different characters, I really enjoyed playing The Two Towers (but not as much as I enjoyed watching the film, of course) but certain parts annoyed me to the point of...well...a lot of annoyance. Although I really like the clips that transition from film to game I really just wanted to play and not watch the same clip over and over. Also, even though its nice that you can play as three different characters, its basically all the same enemies and short clips in-between, just with your charater put in. Overall I was satisfied with the game, though. I can't wait for the Return of the King... Expand
  3. RyanM.
    Dec 29, 2002
    What is your problem people? Critics, regular people, a little piece of advice...GET A LIFE! This has to be the saddest, most pathetically thrown together button masher I've seen since Pamela Anderson.
  4. ChantelC.
    Jan 4, 2003
    I prefer the fellowship of the ring over this game.
  5. Fatty
    Oct 27, 2002
    If you're into mindless button mashers, this is for you. Typical of the industry these days, it looks really nice, but has very limited gameplay. Anyone want to buy my copy??
  6. Jul 9, 2011
    While not the worst movie tie in game, I have played better, it can be the most frustrating game in the world at times, but I found myself coming back to see what each new level would bring, and what new things I would get to unlock, this game puts you in the biggest battles of the first and second movie, and you'll notice characters and locations from the movies, and during some cutscenesWhile not the worst movie tie in game, I have played better, it can be the most frustrating game in the world at times, but I found myself coming back to see what each new level would bring, and what new things I would get to unlock, this game puts you in the biggest battles of the first and second movie, and you'll notice characters and locations from the movies, and during some cutscenes it will use clips from the movie which is cool, and popular enemies will come back as bosses, and there are a ton of interviews and artwork to unlock which any fan can appreciate, and you get some secret missions and a secret character if you level grind, while this game has a lot of good things any fan of the movies can enjoy it does have its flaws, the sword sound effects are bad, and it can be brutally difficult at times, but eventually gets easier after you level up your character, but that isn't as easy as it sounds because you can't go back and replay levels you've already beaten with a character, if you want to play through it again you have to use one of the other characters, but after you level up your character things get easier, and the last three battles are particularly epic, I made it past the last battle by the skin of my teeth, all in all if your a Lord of the Rings fan you will enjoy this but I really can't see anyone but the most hardcore of fans really putting all the effort you need to into this game. Expand
  7. JamesM.
    Dec 7, 2002
    This game ROCKS. Best game I have ever played.
  8. PaulW.
    Jan 15, 2003
    This game is wicked.
  9. ThomasS.
    May 3, 2003
    This game is totaly class the last few levels are really c00l i like the extra level tower of orthanc i got all perfect for every player on every level the games class.
  10. NeoP.
    Jun 8, 2003
    I think this is one of the most thrilling games I have ever played on ps2. However it would be much better if you could play as Gandalf. Great grafics, superb sound and awesome gameplay!
  11. Jason
    Oct 23, 2002
    This game simply rocks the action is fast and furious, and the graphics are some of the best on any system. The music is taken right from the film and there is a ton of replay value to the game with a hidden character and a hidden level. Anyone who is a true fan of the Lord of the Rings needs to get this one.
  12. JasonP.
    Oct 23, 2002
    This game simply rocks, the action is fast and furious, and the graphics are some of the best seen on any system. The music is taken right from the movie, and there is a ton of replay value with a hidden character and level to unlock as well as tons of devastaing moves for each character. Anyone who is a fan of The Lord of the Rings needs to get this one.
  13. RobertE.
    Dec 4, 2002
    The game is very realistic and feels as if your part of the fellowship.
  14. Floaty
    Oct 30, 2002
    Bad ass game, but the last few levels are kinda hard...all in all, though, it kicks ass!!
  15. ElinorC.
    Oct 18, 2003
    Bloody brill. I did find i got through the game quickly (however i think the last level is really hard.) Anywho, great they got the actual actors voices on there. Class!
  16. CarlC.
    Jan 5, 2003
    This game is awesome. you almost feel you are their saving middle earth. I loved it!!
  17. Legolandtheelf
    Oct 7, 2003
    Seemed like a good game but far too easy... finished it in 3 hours. uuaaargh :-(
  18. JackM.
    Mar 17, 2003
    This is a pretty good game, graphics are excellent and look real. the moves are pretty cool too.
  19. LegolasA.
    Mar 5, 2003
    This game is boss but its hard because u have to kill like 30 golbins and orcs and pertacts things to and u only gat 3 man to help u i would like to play as gandalf and it need better grafics. I only got this game 2 days a go and i am 1 level away from compleating it.But it is still hared and it is one of the best games i have ever played. I would like the game better if u could have moreThis game is boss but its hard because u have to kill like 30 golbins and orcs and pertacts things to and u only gat 3 man to help u i would like to play as gandalf and it need better grafics. I only got this game 2 days a go and i am 1 level away from compleating it.But it is still hared and it is one of the best games i have ever played. I would like the game better if u could have more people in it ans better sowd skilles well i hope u agree. Expand
  20. DanteSparda
    Nov 16, 2002
    I'm a LOTR fan. And all in all i like the game but there are 2 things i don't like: 1, the fighting engine is very average. it doesnt suck. but compared to.........devil may cry, for instance, it's crap. And ehy do i have to fight 7 minutes of orcs again, every time i fail killin' the troll? don't the developers at EA know the difference between frustrating and I'm a LOTR fan. And all in all i like the game but there are 2 things i don't like: 1, the fighting engine is very average. it doesnt suck. but compared to.........devil may cry, for instance, it's crap. And ehy do i have to fight 7 minutes of orcs again, every time i fail killin' the troll? don't the developers at EA know the difference between frustrating and fun? why can't i continue right there in the troll and avoy 7 minutes of dealing orcs with a mediocre battle engine? and 2, why are there certain cg's that i can't skip and when i retry any stage and i'm forced to watch em all over again? I mean, the first time they rock but the 4th time i hate them!!! what's a developer thinkin' when they force u to watch the cg's endlessly? But don't be scared 4 this little details, i'm mentionin' just the things i don't like 1st. This little details aside, the game is pretty solid, the real time game, the game engine generated videos and the footage right from the filck mix just..perfect!. the music rocks, the grapdics and sound are awesome, and i just've played the game for 1 hour, i'm pretty sure ther's a lot of cool stuff further in the game that i haven't seen yet. The reason that i gave this game a 7 is simple: Can u imagina waht would've happenned if this game's fightng engine would've been something like, let's say.....DEVIL MAY CRY?, and the lors od the rings story and license on top? I would've been the perfect game. The best in all the ps2 catalogue beatin' all others before it. But no, EA had to do the best LOTR game with a fighting engine woth of a 3DO game. what a shame. All in all, the game rocks. Expand
  21. JohnK.
    Dec 2, 2002
    It's the best game!!!it is very realistic. i recomend it to all ps2 players! bye heellloooo mmmuuuummm!
  22. J.Scott
    Jan 13, 2003
    This is a fast and furious game. All the fighting techniques are a little hard to master when you have 20 or so goblins and orks attacking. Just when you start to get in and master all the technique?s the game ends. I think it maybe its just promotional game to make you go out and see the film (which would be best spent). Don?t waste your money go rent instead guarantee you will complete This is a fast and furious game. All the fighting techniques are a little hard to master when you have 20 or so goblins and orks attacking. Just when you start to get in and master all the technique?s the game ends. I think it maybe its just promotional game to make you go out and see the film (which would be best spent). Don?t waste your money go rent instead guarantee you will complete the game in hours. Expand
  23. nutterwahey
    Jan 18, 2003
    this game is amzing it shows clips of th film then transfirmes in to digitally inhanced people amzing |!! u cand shoot arrows with fire on the end a little too hard tho u lose your health too fast get this game . here are some cheats to make it easier (Restore health:
    Pause game play, then hold L1 + L2 + R1+ R2 and press Triangle, Down, X, Up. The sound of a sword will confirm correct code entry.)(Restore ammunition:
    Pause game play, then hold L1 + L2 + R1+ R2 and press X, Down, Triangle, Up. The sound of a sword will confirm correct code entry.) good luck add me to msn messenger martin_nutter@hotmail.com
  24. KyleK.
    Dec 3, 2003
    This is a great game, i love the gamplay, and the customizable combos. It's heaps fun and enjoyable. it is a tiny bit too short. Excellent game though.
  25. BenN.
    Oct 29, 2003
    Com on ppl, it aint that short, but a fun game, buy it.
  26. NickJ.
    Jan 7, 2003
    The best game i ever played. The only 2 problems are:you only get to play as 3 guys when you should be able to play as Gandalf & Boromir, i mean just because the guy dies doesn't mean you can't play as him. 2:it repeats it self to much. But overall its a great game.
  27. LegolasG.
    Feb 9, 2003
    This game is the best!Legolas is cool
    Mar 3, 2003
    I find it very good.
  29. AndrewJ.
    May 14, 2003
    This game is a lot of fun and made me appreciate the film more, although there are some levels that can be frustratingly difficult.
  30. JohnF.
    Jun 7, 2003
    Very short but action packed.
  31. C'fuu
    Nov 8, 2002
    Great game, it is short though. I finished Aragon in 4-5 hours, but the sounds and graphics are awesome. In a dark room, with surround sound, the atmosphere is intense. Really good features. Only real downside is not being able to play two players, even if it was just the secret levels, and the secret character could of been a little more creative - Gandalf would have been cool!!! Looking Great game, it is short though. I finished Aragon in 4-5 hours, but the sounds and graphics are awesome. In a dark room, with surround sound, the atmosphere is intense. Really good features. Only real downside is not being able to play two players, even if it was just the secret levels, and the secret character could of been a little more creative - Gandalf would have been cool!!! Looking forward to playing with other characters. Expand
  32. NickL.
    Dec 29, 2002
    This game should get a 14 on a 10 point scale. i love this game it kicks ass
  33. Hades
    Jan 12, 2003
    Because its too short, too few characters, and i thought it had an overall "cheap" feel to it at times. Sure it has its moments of greatness (The Battle of Helm's Deep level and the Mines level) were awesome to play through, but some others were just.. boring. And plus, no two player option!?!? That would have increased the games' value a lot. Overall i think if youre interested Because its too short, too few characters, and i thought it had an overall "cheap" feel to it at times. Sure it has its moments of greatness (The Battle of Helm's Deep level and the Mines level) were awesome to play through, but some others were just.. boring. And plus, no two player option!?!? That would have increased the games' value a lot. Overall i think if youre interested in this game a rental would be best, itd give you enough time to beat the game, and see if youd still have fun with it. Expand
  34. JamesC.
    Mar 15, 2003
    Well it is fun and has good graphics but it has no two player which would be cool.They also need better secret charecters for example Islduir has the same exact moves as Aragorn but only has more heatlh, so that part is a waste. Also it could have had a better ending for the secret level. It could have even more levels and characters!!
  35. AJCyr
    Jul 12, 2003
    AWESOME!
  36. AdamG.
    Jul 19, 2004
    Great graphics and non-stop action makes this game a must have.
  37. Jan 6, 2016
    Gripping with emotion, fast paced action and dark settings, this game captures the feel of the films expertly. The game makes the smart decision to not compete with the films' character development and focuses on the gameplay, in which it succeeds.
  38. Apr 17, 2016

#13 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#80 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

A top-quality production on every level, and is arguably the best hack-and-slash game since the original "Golden Axe."
    Good, twitchy action-fun. Based on the movie, this fast-action style beat-'em-up is well adorned with great supporting elements from quality sound, graphics and other movie-related resources.
  3. With graphics prettier than Arwen and gameplay shorter than Bilbo Baggins, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers ends up a mixed bag.