The Matrix: Path of Neo PlayStation 2

• Publisher: Atari
  • Release Date: Nov 7, 2005
7.7

1. Aug 11, 2014
    This game fell just short of being a memorable classic, and my reason for saying this is primarily based upon the short level designs, which felt like we playing a demo of a feature length game. Just as you were getting into the thick of it, and wanting more, the level was over, but I guess we could put this down to hardware technical limitations for the time. But setting that aside, ShinyThis game fell just short of being a memorable classic, and my reason for saying this is primarily based upon the short level designs, which felt like we playing a demo of a feature length game. Just as you were getting into the thick of it, and wanting more, the level was over, but I guess we could put this down to hardware technical limitations for the time. But setting that aside, Shiny were really brave to take on a project as deep and as ambitious as the Matrix, and manage to make it so damn good. Despite the obviously low poly count, the graphics - for the time - still impressed me, as Shiny always have that knack of being able to create an amazing atmosphere within a game. The bullet time feature was an absolute blast, too, especially kicking / shooting ten shades of sweet sh*t out of agents. I really think that a Matrix game needs to be released on next-gen consoles, which would sort out the problem of the short levels. Anyway, I'd give Path of Neo 89% Expand
  2. RyanD.
    Jan 1, 2006
    Thsi game is absouloutley amazing and very addictive. Slow time comabt is amazing and the all running is expectational. I had the original game which i thought was poor and this one totally improves on this as you can play as Neo. I am addicted to this game and it has taken over my life.
  3. CyrusC.
    Nov 12, 2005
    I dont know what a lot of people are talking about, the graphics in this game are SUPERB. The game tends to let levels drag on for a while, but they are still fun to play. All the moves can be executed perfectly, and they look insane too. I wish the targeting system was a bit better, but I hardly used guns in game haha. I'd recommend it for sure.
  4. JimmyF.
    Nov 12, 2005
    Feels like you can take everone.
  5. EfeB.
    Jul 3, 2006
    You know, I just dont get it. how can a matrix fan not love this game...you are controlling the matrix!...you are playing neo. all the jazz of the film, for you to enjoy.amazing graphics, great moves, great story (obviously). it is becoming a trend for people to trash good games because they are just too spolied and stupid to enjoy what is there, so they focus on what is not there. i can You know, I just dont get it. how can a matrix fan not love this game...you are controlling the matrix!...you are playing neo. all the jazz of the film, for you to enjoy.amazing graphics, great moves, great story (obviously). it is becoming a trend for people to trash good games because they are just too spolied and stupid to enjoy what is there, so they focus on what is not there. i can nag about this game being bad because there is no golfing in it...what kind of a standard is this? if you think matrix is lame...don't buy the game that says "matrix" on its cover...its that simple. anyway...this is not a rental like some idiot below suggested...go buy it, its a masterpiece. Expand
  6. ThomasA.
    Nov 24, 2005
    This is a must own if you are a fan of the Matrix trilogy. The moves in the game are fun to use, not too complicated. However, there are some glitches which are annoying, and the ending is quite stupid.
  7. MatrixPathofNeo
    Nov 6, 2005
    This game is Fantastic and unique combo moves.

#70 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005

At first, combat seems too twitchy and simplistic, while the training sequences last too long, but as you grow in power, and unlock your substantial latent wealth of special moves and combination plays, the rich combat possibilities reveal themselves.
  2. A Matrix game that FINALLY got it right. You're able to pull off all the cool moves and abilities that Neo possesses, including fighting off hundreds of Smiths at once, pole and all. With great graphics and great controls, this title will definitely impress with the first and second play through.
    Shockingly enough, is actually pretty damn good. Sure, it looks uglier than Ernest Borgnine in a tutu, and trying to use the controls is like operating the Space Shuttle while wearing oven mitts, but once you get the hang of it, beating the Stove Top stuffing out of agents is terrific fun.