The Red Star PlayStation 2

8.3

1. Damien
    Mar 21, 2008
    Definitely ahead of its time when it was scheduled to initially release...though not graphically, but gameplay wise. A great action adventure meets platform shooter. Very reminiscent of old-school arcade games like Contra or Aliens. Definitely worth a playthrough even if you aren't familiar with the franchise.
  2. BushM
    Dec 2, 2007
    I love this game. I just stumbled across it used for $13 yesterday. Its really fun. I remember I was so pumped for this game like 4 years ago before it got canceled. I was so confused when I found it. I didn't that it even came out. why didn't I see any reviews or any news at all for this game?
  3. AshbyH.
    May 7, 2007
    Totally old school, totally fun. Graphics are not the best, but not ugly either. If you like old school, hardcore games (Think anything Treasure made back in the day). Pick it up now!
  4. CharlesN.
    May 1, 2007
    My time with this game encapsulates some of the best times of my life.
  5. BrianK.
    May 1, 2007
    Finally came out! Plays great! Love the old-school vibe.
  6. SteveL.
    May 1, 2007
    A throwback to beat 'em ups, this game has the artistic style and diversity of skill sets to set itself apart. The only problem with this budget title is that with its low profile release, virtually no stores carry it so you've got to take it upon yourself to order it online.... now... before it's short supply gets dried up!

#33 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2007

1. Play Magazine
    Visually there's nothing like it--it is a purely artistic endeavor and as shooters go there's nothing here not to love. [Dec. 2006, p.81]
  2. Official Playstation 2 Magazine UK
    A decent, short-term hack'n'blast that's best with two players who like old-school games, but a far cry from today's big action titles. [Apr 2007, p.77]
  3. PSM3 Magazine UK
    Worth 20 quid? For no-nonsense arcade thrills, just about. Worth two years' wait? Sadly, not quite. [May 2007, p.70]