The Simpsons: Hit & Run PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Sep 16, 2003
  • Also On: PC
8.7

1. Aug 30, 2014
    I wasted my childhood on this game, it's still worth buying a PS2 for now so back then it was phenomenal it's probably one of the best games I've played. Forget the Simpsons game that linear crap was worthless but this game is something else! Remember this is coming from one of the biggest Simpsons fans ever!
  2. SimonB.
    Jan 6, 2004
    Great fun, 10/10 for effort and consistency to the show. 7/10 for gameplay. Does get repetitive after Homers first level. Lacks violence, death and blood - I want to shoot Apu in a robbery : )
  3. AndrewJ.
    Jan 31, 2004
    Being a Simpsons fan, it was great just being to walk around Springfield. Unfortunately the novelty didn't last forever as the missions became repetitive.
  4. IreneC.
    Nov 29, 2003
    Great game...played it with my friends..i found the game hilarious especially homer...if only i could find the last 6 cards i need..
  5. JoshT.
    Oct 23, 2003
    Aesthetically pleasing, humorous and fun at first...but beyond that (and Homer's first level) the game falls apart. After going through 3 small maps, the game becomes dull and repetative with all of the 7 levels of the game reusing one of those 3 maps. I suggest renting this one first to avoid the mistake I made of buying it. Or if you don't mind a game with no 'meat' Aesthetically pleasing, humorous and fun at first...but beyond that (and Homer's first level) the game falls apart. After going through 3 small maps, the game becomes dull and repetative with all of the 7 levels of the game reusing one of those 3 maps. I suggest renting this one first to avoid the mistake I made of buying it. Or if you don't mind a game with no 'meat' to it and are a hardcore fan of the Simpsons, buy it used. Expand
  6. JamesH.
    Sep 18, 2003
    I bought this game the first day it came out and I have to say, I'm impressed. Some of the other Simpsons games sucked, but this one is awesome!!! The missions are grest and THE GAME IS HILARIOUS. You won't want to stop playing it. *HINT*: Don't skip the guide that Bart does...it is so funny. ...Now if we could just pretend The Simpsons Skateboarding never happened...
  7. MattA.
    Mar 29, 2005
    This is actually a very addicting game and is one of the best simpsons games put together. I think its a little overrated but i thought it was lots of fun myself...but then again im a huge simpsons fan.
  8. JeremyG.
    Nov 15, 2003
    This game is the bomb!!! THIS IS THE BEST SIMPSONS GAME EVER!!!!!!!!! There were some cool rides and missions I think that HOMER was so tight in his "UNDERWEAR"!!
  9. Yoonhohan
    Dec 14, 2003
    This game is cool. Homer is fat and he likes donuts.U should b able to kill people with a gun and u should b able to use da whole family in simpsons at one same time. But its still da best game ever i guess.
  10. JimmyW.
    Aug 21, 2004
    Fun but a bit overrated.
  11. ZoeM.
    Dec 30, 2007
    This game is fantastic definetly the best simpsons game out there i havent tried the new one yet but im sure that is good also but this game is garunteed to keep the gamers entertained for a long while.
  12. Mar 24, 2014
    Fun, funny, charming, excellent controls, open world goodness, aesthetically pleasing, challenging enough. The best Simpsons video game ever and a good alternative for children if you think the GTA games are too violent, which they are (for kids, anyway).
  13. MattB.
    Dec 9, 2003
    As a hardcore Simpsons, I was a bit disappointed. At first it was really fun, but got kind of repetitive. It lacked some of the charmed that Road Rage had. There are a bunch of things to find, like cars and outfits, but most of these are superfluous. It's good for a rent if you're a Simpsons fan, but I wouldn't buy it unless you completely love it.
  14. MicahC.
    Dec 12, 2003
    Same stupid missions over and over.
  15. JakeG.
    Sep 16, 2003
    This game is gonna be bombass. i cant wait.
  16. AdrianR.
    Nov 11, 2003
    I am evil homer, I am evil homer.
  17. MattC.
    Dec 4, 2003
    I absolutely love it especially bart with his slingshot and homer screaming in his underwear, there is no better platform game in world.
  18. Man
    Oct 9, 2003
    BEST GAME EVER!
  19. MichaelC.
    Sep 15, 2003
    This game is bad ass. I already reserved it and got a free hat.
  20. ThomasD.
    Sep 15, 2003
    I cannot believe how excited about this game I am. I have been studying it for the past couple months and I canot await the release date in two days! I was scheduled to get it last week, but they pushed the date back 1 more week. So now I am excited beyond belief!
  21. BobZ.
    Sep 27, 2003
    This game sounds great probably the best Simpsons game of them all. Some old ones are fun but this will probably be the best.
  22. JamesJ.
    Sep 9, 2003
    THIS GAME LOOKS AWESOME!!! The missions are great and the levels are huge. I will definately buy this game.
  23. MartinL.
    Mar 26, 2004
    This game is AWESOME!
  24. JoeS.
    Aug 19, 2003
    Everything I hear about this game is positive. Never thought I would say it but I am excited about a Simpsons game.
  25. JimmyS.
    Jan 16, 2004
    This is the BEST!!! Simpsons games ever.
  26. MattGC
    Feb 18, 2004
    This game is the best in the year.
  27. KaraM.
    Feb 25, 2004
    This game in my veiw is the best i am not into game consols but when i play thi game it feels good the graphics are ok even though some of the characters do not look any thing alike eg. lisa simpson.
  28. Spriggangirl
    Oct 17, 2005
    Funniest game ever!!
  29. JeremyG.
    Nov 15, 2003
  30. Sep 3, 2011
    Fun, what is the world, the content , the colorful graphics makes hit and run a fun game form the beginning to the end. Just like the show , every set piece of laugh out loud is here, it reminds in watching a episode of the series.

#14 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#21 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

Hit & Run may have swiped nearly all of its gameplay ideas from "GTA," but the combination of the vast Simpsons universe liberally applied to the "GTA" formula is pure brilliance.
  2. A solid script, good gameplay and a huge dose of humor makes this game stand out as a nice platformer. Unfortunately, technical issues prevent this game from truly standing out as exceptional.
  3. Perhaps all of the limp comedy wouldn't be so offensive if the game did anything new in the gameplay department.