The Simpsons: Hit & Run PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Sep 16, 2003
  • Also On: PC
8.7

1. May 30, 2016
    so much fun i played so much of this back in the day i dont really know what to say appart from it being a crazy gta simpsons game but i also havent played this in a while so i dont remember details but i always remember lovin this game.
  2. Apr 12, 2016
    De lo más divertido de Playstation 2, un juego original, con un gran abanico de posibilidades y ambientado en el mundo de la familia más conocida de la historia. Las misiones mezclan conducción y plataformas. Si eres fan de la serie es muy recomendado ya que hay bastantes referencias a ésta y es de agradecer que las voces sean las mismas.
  3. Mar 20, 2016
    This game reminds of the good old days of the PS2. Being a huge Simpsons fan, this game failed to disappoint. Good gameplay, great story, plus a ton of things to do! Never gets repetitive and I've never got bored of it. The Simpson's games may be known for being bad but this is definitely an exception.
  4. Feb 20, 2016
    I don`t care if this game is a GTA clone it is amazing. So many hours of many childhood got put into this game and i don`t regret it at all. When a game from 2003 is better than most AAA games available in 2016 you know that you did a good job. If you have not played this game then get out your dusty PS2 and buy it. You will not regret it.
  5. Jan 24, 2016
    This was my favourite game as a child kinda like GTA without the blood and violence, strippers and prostitutes, so in a way not like GTA anyway a brilliant game and something that made my childhood.
  6. Jan 6, 2016
    Hit & Run truly captured the magic of the Simpsons atmosphere. Whilst it's driving gameplay was enjoyable, it was the vibrant settings and way the Springfield populous was represented that makes this game a hit.
  7. Sep 29, 2015
    The Simpsons Hit and Run is the Simpsons meet GTA. The missions themselves can become repetitive and sometimes would make me rage as a child. Especially time sensitive missions. The story is ok, typical Simpsons story stuff. The voice acting is good, same voice actors from the show. All the main characters are in it and they each have their own vehicle. Which brings me to the best part ofThe Simpsons Hit and Run is the Simpsons meet GTA. The missions themselves can become repetitive and sometimes would make me rage as a child. Especially time sensitive missions. The story is ok, typical Simpsons story stuff. The voice acting is good, same voice actors from the show. All the main characters are in it and they each have their own vehicle. Which brings me to the best part of the game. Getting and driving all the different cars. This is the main thing you're gonna end up caring about in the game. Each level has a different Simpsons family member you play as and they all have like 5 outfits for each level. The game is riddled with easter eggs from the show. You'll collect coins throughout the game to purchase new cars and outfits. The graphics still hold up today in my opinion, looks like you're controlling the Simpsons and not blocky knock offs. The controls are solid for the most part but certain vehicles can be a **** to control. The sound design is good, the music doesn't get annoying over time like in the Simpsons Road Rage mainly because they don't play it nonstop. Each level is designed pretty ok, you get the Springfield vibe. If you're looking for a GTA like experience with the Simpsons this is a pretty good choice. Aside from the missions there's lots of collectibles to look out for. If you're looking to add another game to your collection, you'll get alot of enjoyment out of this game. Expand
  8. Aug 15, 2015
    Great classic. The humour is well incorporated. Easy game to complete, and I loved unlocking all the bonus stuff. The gags are brilliant and the story behind it really works!
  9. Feb 12, 2015
    This may have been a GTA clone, but it's a good one. I like the graphics and the open world of Springfield. Who doesn't love this game?
    At least it beats all the other Simpsons games
  10. Oct 10, 2014
    Man this game is amazing.MIT is like Grand Theft Auto but kids version. WELL DONE VU GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Aug 30, 2014
    I wasted my childhood on this game, it's still worth buying a PS2 for now so back then it was phenomenal it's probably one of the best games I've played. Forget the Simpsons game that linear crap was worthless but this game is something else! Remember this is coming from one of the biggest Simpsons fans ever!
  12. Aug 16, 2014
    The first time I played this game when I was a kid, I loved it. I did all of the side quests and races and unlocked every vehicle. The last time I played it was last week. I realized that whilst the first three levels are unique because they are different towns and quests, the rest of them just feel the same. The worlds are the same, the quests are more or less identical and even Homer andThe first time I played this game when I was a kid, I loved it. I did all of the side quests and races and unlocked every vehicle. The last time I played it was last week. I realized that whilst the first three levels are unique because they are different towns and quests, the rest of them just feel the same. The worlds are the same, the quests are more or less identical and even Homer and Bart return in the last two levels. After adding Apu, I expected to see Snake, Ned Flanders, Moe or at least Grandpa as a playable character. However, I will always like this game and it will stay in my box for just a little longer. Expand
  13. Mar 24, 2014
    Fun, funny, charming, excellent controls, open world goodness, aesthetically pleasing, challenging enough. The best Simpsons video game ever and a good alternative for children if you think the GTA games are too violent, which they are (for kids, anyway).
  14. Oct 25, 2013
    The game aimed to please a range of audiences and did so very well in 2003. I had never played this game on the PC,Xbox or Gamecube but i imagine that they ran identically. The game overall was a child's GTA which is a good thing when you think how fun GTA is. The game lasts a decent amount of time and even when you finish the main quests you'll still have races, collectables and otherThe game aimed to please a range of audiences and did so very well in 2003. I had never played this game on the PC,Xbox or Gamecube but i imagine that they ran identically. The game overall was a child's GTA which is a good thing when you think how fun GTA is. The game lasts a decent amount of time and even when you finish the main quests you'll still have races, collectables and other things to do just like GTA. The game even today remains the one game i had enjoyed the most, i don't usually finish a game fully twice but with this one i did. 10/10 worth every penny and even better than some things that studios release today! Collapse
  15. Oct 1, 2013
    A very fun Simpsons game. The writing is up to par with what the show delivers, as well as the story. While its fun to drive through the familiar Springfield areas, the missions get quite repetitive and some just seem forced. There are a lot of throwbacks to older episodes, which is nice for us who watched most to all of the Simpsons episodes when the game came out. The drivingA very fun Simpsons game. The writing is up to par with what the show delivers, as well as the story. While its fun to drive through the familiar Springfield areas, the missions get quite repetitive and some just seem forced. There are a lot of throwbacks to older episodes, which is nice for us who watched most to all of the Simpsons episodes when the game came out. The driving controls are really nice, while the few platforming areas don't feel quite as good as they could be. Overall, this game works well as a Simpsons game, but mission wise could be greatly improved. Expand
  16. Aug 12, 2013
    I first experienced this game the first time around at the age of 12 and thought it was the best game ever. Obviously times change and so does taste but this game holds its piece it has great game play missions characters its GTA with the simpsons what is not to love this game is amazing
  17. Jun 19, 2013
    Nice classic game for the whole family,perfect game for traveling with.its kind of open world so that makes it nice to play.Wish they would have added more storyline though.
  18. Jan 22, 2013
    For a Simpsons game, it wasn't half bad. Pretty repetitive, but to be honest I just loved racing around Springfield. The game just has so much detail and references that it'll put a smile on any fan's face. Overall: An OK game that could have used a bit more variety in its gameplay.
  19. Jan 6, 2013
    MASTERPIECE the game has great graphics that are amazing even today

the game is memorable from start to end so many references so many simpsons characters to talk to and see

great selection of cars and youy get to use most of the family and APU
    great replayable missions great ending

great clothes and custiomization great gasgs and just a super fun game GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME
  20. Aug 25, 2012
    I can honestly say... this is my favourite game ever. the humour is great, you can explore Springfield, there are countless cars to drive around in (including some secrets) references to the TV series in the shape of gags and collector cards, lots of collectables, plenty of playing time, 5 characters to play as, a bonus game for unlocking the cards, a great storyline, lots of characters toI can honestly say... this is my favourite game ever. the humour is great, you can explore Springfield, there are countless cars to drive around in (including some secrets) references to the TV series in the shape of gags and collector cards, lots of collectables, plenty of playing time, 5 characters to play as, a bonus game for unlocking the cards, a great storyline, lots of characters to talk to, levels set in the day and night, costumes referencing the series and good graphics. simpsons hardcore fans will love this game and people who are more casual may still enjoy the storyline among other things. I wish they made a sequel... Expand
  21. Jul 29, 2012
    Amazing Game!
    Very Underrated Great For A Gamer Or A Simpsons Fan!
    The Best Game In A LONG TIME!
  22. Apr 30, 2012
    Since I often start babbling during my so-called 'reviews', I'm going to be short with them from now on. HAR is perhaps the best Simpsons game made to date, even now. Combining GTA style gameplay and a fun array of missions (though a lack of many side-missions), Hit n' Run represents the peak of The Simpsons for gaming. I can however, say that some missions can become a bit overwhelminglySince I often start babbling during my so-called 'reviews', I'm going to be short with them from now on. HAR is perhaps the best Simpsons game made to date, even now. Combining GTA style gameplay and a fun array of missions (though a lack of many side-missions), Hit n' Run represents the peak of The Simpsons for gaming. I can however, say that some missions can become a bit overwhelmingly difficult that they require pixel-perfect driving. Expand
  23. Jan 27, 2012
    The Simpsons: Hit & Run will always have a special place in my heart. It was the first PS2 game I ever bought, well the first video game I ever bought for that matter, and I was in love from the beginning. The creators were able to recreate the Simpsons universe fantastically, with a simple, fairly uninteresting story, great characters (as expected of a Simpsons game) and lots of secrets.The Simpsons: Hit & Run will always have a special place in my heart. It was the first PS2 game I ever bought, well the first video game I ever bought for that matter, and I was in love from the beginning. The creators were able to recreate the Simpsons universe fantastically, with a simple, fairly uninteresting story, great characters (as expected of a Simpsons game) and lots of secrets. When I played it when I was younger, I thought it was the greatest game in the world, I loved it so much. The missions were awesome and I just loved going around Springfield messing around, doing random stuff. The missions had insane re playability and thanks to the mission select menu, you could play the missions again and again. The Simpsons: Hit & Run was certainly not a polished, and incredibly made game, but it certainly is a fun game, that I will never forget. Expand
  24. Sep 3, 2011
    Fun, what is the world, the content , the colorful graphics makes hit and run a fun game form the beginning to the end. Just like the show , every set piece of laugh out loud is here, it reminds in watching a episode of the series.
  25. ZoeM.
    Dec 30, 2007
    This game is fantastic definetly the best simpsons game out there i havent tried the new one yet but im sure that is good also but this game is garunteed to keep the gamers entertained for a long while.
  26. Spriggangirl
    Oct 17, 2005
    Funniest game ever!!
  27. MattA.
    Mar 29, 2005
    This is actually a very addicting game and is one of the best simpsons games put together. I think its a little overrated but i thought it was lots of fun myself...but then again im a huge simpsons fan.
  28. JimmyW.
    Aug 21, 2004
    Fun but a bit overrated.
  29. MartinL.
    Mar 26, 2004
    This game is AWESOME!
  30. KaraM.
    Feb 25, 2004
    This game in my veiw is the best i am not into game consols but when i play thi game it feels good the graphics are ok even though some of the characters do not look any thing alike eg. lisa simpson.
  31. MattGC
    Feb 18, 2004
    This game is the best in the year.
  32. AndrewJ.
    Jan 31, 2004
    Being a Simpsons fan, it was great just being to walk around Springfield. Unfortunately the novelty didn't last forever as the missions became repetitive.
  33. JimmyS.
    Jan 16, 2004
    This is the BEST!!! Simpsons games ever.
  34. SimonB.
    Jan 6, 2004
    Great fun, 10/10 for effort and consistency to the show. 7/10 for gameplay. Does get repetitive after Homers first level. Lacks violence, death and blood - I want to shoot Apu in a robbery : )
  35. Yoonhohan
    Dec 14, 2003
    This game is cool. Homer is fat and he likes donuts.U should b able to kill people with a gun and u should b able to use da whole family in simpsons at one same time. But its still da best game ever i guess.
  36. MicahC.
    Dec 12, 2003
    Same stupid missions over and over.
  37. MattB.
    Dec 9, 2003
    As a hardcore Simpsons, I was a bit disappointed. At first it was really fun, but got kind of repetitive. It lacked some of the charmed that Road Rage had. There are a bunch of things to find, like cars and outfits, but most of these are superfluous. It's good for a rent if you're a Simpsons fan, but I wouldn't buy it unless you completely love it.
  38. MattC.
    Dec 4, 2003
    I absolutely love it especially bart with his slingshot and homer screaming in his underwear, there is no better platform game in world.
  39. IreneC.
    Nov 29, 2003
    Great game...played it with my friends..i found the game hilarious especially homer...if only i could find the last 6 cards i need..
  40. JeremyG.
    Nov 15, 2003
    This game is the bomb!!! THIS IS THE BEST SIMPSONS GAME EVER!!!!!!!!! There were some cool rides and missions I think that HOMER was so tight in his "UNDERWEAR"!!
  41. JeremyG.
    Nov 15, 2003
  42. AdrianR.
    Nov 11, 2003
    I am evil homer, I am evil homer.
  43. JoshT.
    Oct 23, 2003
    Aesthetically pleasing, humorous and fun at first...but beyond that (and Homer's first level) the game falls apart. After going through 3 small maps, the game becomes dull and repetative with all of the 7 levels of the game reusing one of those 3 maps. I suggest renting this one first to avoid the mistake I made of buying it. Or if you don't mind a game with no 'meat' Aesthetically pleasing, humorous and fun at first...but beyond that (and Homer's first level) the game falls apart. After going through 3 small maps, the game becomes dull and repetative with all of the 7 levels of the game reusing one of those 3 maps. I suggest renting this one first to avoid the mistake I made of buying it. Or if you don't mind a game with no 'meat' to it and are a hardcore fan of the Simpsons, buy it used. Expand
  44. Man
    Oct 9, 2003
    BEST GAME EVER!
  45. BobZ.
    Sep 27, 2003
    This game sounds great probably the best Simpsons game of them all. Some old ones are fun but this will probably be the best.
  46. JamesH.
    Sep 18, 2003
    I bought this game the first day it came out and I have to say, I'm impressed. Some of the other Simpsons games sucked, but this one is awesome!!! The missions are grest and THE GAME IS HILARIOUS. You won't want to stop playing it. *HINT*: Don't skip the guide that Bart does...it is so funny. ...Now if we could just pretend The Simpsons Skateboarding never happened...
  47. JakeG.
    Sep 16, 2003
    This game is gonna be bombass. i cant wait.
  48. MichaelC.
    Sep 15, 2003
    This game is bad ass. I already reserved it and got a free hat.
  49. ThomasD.
    Sep 15, 2003
    I cannot believe how excited about this game I am. I have been studying it for the past couple months and I canot await the release date in two days! I was scheduled to get it last week, but they pushed the date back 1 more week. So now I am excited beyond belief!
  50. JamesJ.
    Sep 9, 2003
    THIS GAME LOOKS AWESOME!!! The missions are great and the levels are huge. I will definately buy this game.
  51. JoeS.
    Aug 19, 2003
    Everything I hear about this game is positive. Never thought I would say it but I am excited about a Simpsons game.
  52. Oct 25, 2013

#18 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#22 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

Hit & Run may have swiped nearly all of its gameplay ideas from "GTA," but the combination of the vast Simpsons universe liberally applied to the "GTA" formula is pure brilliance.
  2. A solid script, good gameplay and a huge dose of humor makes this game stand out as a nice platformer. Unfortunately, technical issues prevent this game from truly standing out as exceptional.
  3. Perhaps all of the limp comedy wouldn't be so offensive if the game did anything new in the gameplay department.