4.4

1. Mar 24, 2012
    Clunky, awkward and not fun to play at all. The bar for skateboarding games was set very high by the THPS series and The Simpsons Skateboarding doesn't even come close.
  2. Apr 30, 2012
    Since the game bucket has run dry for me, and I'm still waiting for a new PCU after BF3 blew it up with the new hardware, I thought I'd take out my anger on some childhood PS2 titles. Hit n' Run was a very good game, even now; so exactly what was going through this developer's heads when they decided to make TSS I'll never know. I don't even feel like going over it; it seems like they tookSince the game bucket has run dry for me, and I'm still waiting for a new PCU after BF3 blew it up with the new hardware, I thought I'd take out my anger on some childhood PS2 titles. Hit n' Run was a very good game, even now; so exactly what was going through this developer's heads when they decided to make TSS I'll never know. I don't even feel like going over it; it seems like they took a rejected Hit n Run level (I'm aware of the release date), added 1 or 2 rails and then repackaged it as a full game. Rather than rant on about how bad it is, just take my advice and avoid TSS at all costs (unless you want to use it as an example for how NOT to make a game, which is what I'll do when I'm using UDK). Expand
  3. JohnM.
    Dec 7, 2002
    This game is SICK.
  4. AntonyMann
    Jan 6, 2003
    .NEWSFLASH. ok let me get this stright, if u like this game u r a complete utter wierd o. I gave this a 1 and not a 0 because the front cover is good.
  5. Uuhhhhh
    Nov 24, 2004
    Dude smoke weed then play the game!
  6. ArthurW.
    May 6, 2006
    well if you want to buy this game, there is only one thing to do, DON'T it is all extremely boring and I can't even complete the first level The graphics are terrible: you can't even see bart's mouth.
  7. JoesephS.
    Nov 30, 2002
    This game sucks...
  8. ChrisW.
    Dec 29, 2002
    The reason why i didn't give this a 0 is because it has the simpsons in it. This game sucks, and the producers were better off sitting in the streets of east LA.
  9. FRG
    Jul 24, 2013
    Such a thing may be don't be allowed in stores,an incredible insult to the tony hawk games,but sometimes can be fun,the only thing that this desesperate intent of game.
  10. LHy
    Oct 2, 2013
    I don't understand people complaints about this game, I really enjoyed this game all the way through, what I do understand about you're control complaint is that once you practice it for a while, it becomes a piece of cake, play the game, you won't regret it.
  11. Aug 21, 2014
    Bad rip-off of Tony Hawk's PS3, control's terribly, crappy graphics for PS2 and in the intro the characters were flipping and spinning around like flappy bird having a seizure, yet you can't spin in-game?! WHAT? Stick with Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 if you like skating games.
  12. Aug 5, 2014
    I have never played any tony hawk game's but i can tell that is WAY better then this, is just tony hawk with the simpson's logo, no story and terrible control's, it started with the intro, the music, the composition, the effect's are just **** with into the game it starts to go down hill, the control's my god is it busted, kind of as bad as dark castle for the sega genesis, i triedI have never played any tony hawk game's but i can tell that is WAY better then this, is just tony hawk with the simpson's logo, no story and terrible control's, it started with the intro, the music, the composition, the effect's are just **** with into the game it starts to go down hill, the control's my god is it busted, kind of as bad as dark castle for the sega genesis, i tried spinning while going up a ramp, i could not for some reason, i seen the characters spinning in the intro but i could not do it, with every thing you do doing a trick, failing or EVERYTHING, you all way's get commentary from kurk witch gets annoying really fast, as for glitch's their's a lot out the ass, don't buy this game for any fun you want, want a good simpson game? go get simpson hit and run or any the other ones from the nes or sega genesis, not this worthelss thing, i give it a 2/10 Expand
  13. Jan 9, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have been playing this game for about 5 years now and it is AWFUL. The gameplay tries paying homage to the tony hawk series but the controls are very loose.Very often you will approach a Half pipe quarter pipe etc. and push forward to gain momentum you have to pull back on the stick quickly before hitting the ramp or you will go forward and crash instead of going straight up.map design is awful there are random half pipes and quarter pipes littered on maps while this makes sense in scenes such as the construction site level it makes no sense on maps like downtown Springfield you will be skating around and see a random display of ramps and pipes. the gameplay gets worse the further you get due to the unresponsiveness of controls this is one of the biggest problems this game has you get taught new tricks that require more and different button presses but too many times you will press a button and the stick to preform a trick and you will preform other tricks or sometimes you wont even preform a trick. the mission structure is lazy every level consists of two main objectives to pass 1. skate around and catch some kids who are skipping school or hit some signs. and 2. collect letters that spell out someone or something that is themed to the level like "SKINNER" or "SQUISHEE". Seriously? you couldn't have come up with something more creative? 2nd place for worst part is the characters it sucks getting them and they suck at this game i wouldn't blame them either. You have to win a tournament each level to unlock new characters combine all of the problems above with even worse map design and a limited amount of tricks and try getting 70,000 points in two minutes its near impossible! and its a shame since later characters i actually liked from the show (Otto,chief wiggum) basically you will be stuck with nelson muntz for an eternity the music is bad its a remix of the original theme but it gives me a headache the game has a point system where you upgrade your skills it helps but barely changes your tournament performance. the voice acting sucks while the voice actors from the show are there the lines they recorded sound like they are emotionless.Overall simpsons skateboarding doesn't live up to be a good tony hawk clone good simpsons game or a good game for that matter awkward and unresponsive controls near impossible challenges and the presentation which makes it seem farther from a simpsons game than its supposed to be. the only points it can get is from the semi interesting but for the most part dull skill system. we should all be happy that fox interactive learned their lesson when they made hit and run and road rage Expand
  14. Jul 21, 2016
    Simpsons skateboarding? Were at THAT point we have to be so unoriginal and bland. The gameplay is clunky and the graphics are UGLY. The controls are meh and the sound effects and music is mediocre.

#52 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#56 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

1. The game itself is executed poorly enough that neither fans of the cartoon nor fans of action sports games will want to have anything to do with it.
    Not fun, and not funny. Thus, this game fails on both levels.
  3. If you’re looking for "Tony Hawk Pro Skater" for a much younger crowd or really love the show, Simpsons Skateboarding will surely disappoint.