• Publisher: Midway
  • Also On: PC
8.1

1. VahndD.
    Oct 2, 2005
    Very difficult to control the player. The manual view controlling is something makee me fell a little bit confused and hard to focus wether i want to hit or to view the environment.
  2. JasonL.
    Oct 25, 2005
    If your looking for a good violent game this is it.Its not very complicated, but thats the point.To just go out and kill some crazy lookin creatures and a few humans to. If your looking for hard puzzles dont look here,but you should have gotten that from the first one,so this is no suprise. Its not the all time best game, but the graphics, storyline, and "insanity" are awesome.Oh,and you If your looking for a good violent game this is it.Its not very complicated, but thats the point.To just go out and kill some crazy lookin creatures and a few humans to. If your looking for hard puzzles dont look here,but you should have gotten that from the first one,so this is no suprise. Its not the all time best game, but the graphics, storyline, and "insanity" are awesome.Oh,and you can adjust the brightness level,so you don't have to use your flashlight all the time, unless ur as ignorant as dragon boy of final fantasy. So remember that when you play it, so you don't get "annoyed". Expand
  3. CoryP.
    Oct 9, 2005
    It's about time we are presented with another great game for its genre. Only a few games I believe should deserve a mature rating and I'm glad this is one that made the list.
  4. MikeM.
    Mar 21, 2007
    Ties That Bind is essentially more of the same, which wouldn't necessarily be such a bad thing if you liked the first game. However, there's a problem. It needs patching. Toward the end of the game, freezes are common. There are also problems with events not being triggered, and similar bugs that prevent you from proceeding. It's hard to conceive how something this Ties That Bind is essentially more of the same, which wouldn't necessarily be such a bad thing if you liked the first game. However, there's a problem. It needs patching. Toward the end of the game, freezes are common. There are also problems with events not being triggered, and similar bugs that prevent you from proceeding. It's hard to conceive how something this unfinished could be rated so highly by everyone. Apparently people's expectations have really sunk, as this isn't the first (or even fourth) well-received PS2 game to have such glaring technical issues. It's really ironic that over the past four years, nearly every PC game I've played has been bug-free out of the box, while more and more console games are infested with game-stopping bugs. Definitely not a good example of Surreal Software's proficiency and abundance of talent. They've really gone downhill since the excellent Drakan games on PC & PS2. Collapse
  5. JordanR.
    Oct 16, 2005
    I cant believe how good this game is.
  6. DragonKnightofFinalFantasy
    Oct 21, 2005
    This game is almost the same as the original, which I was a fan of. So its still a gory, vilolent game with a.....bright vocabulary.Switching from first to third person is as easy as before, so whatever gameplay style you like you can use. The puzzles are simple pull-the-switch no-brainers and are slightly annoying. The game is dark, you can't see anything without your flashlight. This game is almost the same as the original, which I was a fan of. So its still a gory, vilolent game with a.....bright vocabulary.Switching from first to third person is as easy as before, so whatever gameplay style you like you can use. The puzzles are simple pull-the-switch no-brainers and are slightly annoying. The game is dark, you can't see anything without your flashlight. Which wasn't too bad, since I'm a stickler for realism, and I'm allergic to sunlight so I learn to see in the dark. This could annoy people, so keep it in mind. The game is as disturbingly gruesome as ever. With the grotesque mental images of violent scenes. The voices in Torque's head, the massive amounts of blood that'll fly everywhere (especially in your Insanity monster form). So the gameplay is solid. The same as the original The Suffering which wasn't all that innovative to begin with. So, if you loved the original and everything about it and don't want to change. Pick this up. If you want something new in your sequal. Don't buy it. A good rental. Expand
  7. RavenK.
    Nov 15, 2005
    Good Game, perfect of terror

1. There are enough things that feel distracting to keep this from becoming a classic game, but a strong enough foundation of gameplay and direction to make it a worthy addition to the console library.
  2. But take heart, horror-inclined gamers. Any random two minutes of Ties that Bind’s blood-soaked gameplay is likely to give your parents, stuffy friends or sensitive authority figures of your choice the dribbling shiznits, and pretty much all the first game’s good stuff has remained intact.
  3. Satisfying survival/horror gameplay with a first/third-person shooter twist. Ties That Bind has one of the most disturbing storylines I have ever seen in a game.