• Publisher: VU Games
  • Also On: PC
7.4

1. AlishaH.
    Oct 19, 2003
    My brother rented this, i didnt want him to. i thought it would suck cause i hate games like this. it was actually very good.
  2. JakeH.
    Oct 4, 2003
    I got this game right now.The date is SUNDAY 05 OCT 2003.T hata today when im writing this or wrote it.Anyway this game rocks.Im not even halfway and its all perfect so far.I have heard people talk about the ending is easy or it does not have a good story but they're wrong.This was the first game i wanted when i got my ps2 and it came out to be the 3rd.Well have a fun time finishing I got this game right now.The date is SUNDAY 05 OCT 2003.T hata today when im writing this or wrote it.Anyway this game rocks.Im not even halfway and its all perfect so far.I have heard people talk about the ending is easy or it does not have a good story but they're wrong.This was the first game i wanted when i got my ps2 and it came out to be the 3rd.Well have a fun time finishing it and good luck. Expand
  3. MikeK.
    Sep 1, 2004
    i give this game mad props..... very scary!!
  4. JakedeF.
    Aug 27, 2002
    I really enjoyed this game... highly recommended.
  5. AndrewG.
    Oct 19, 2003
    Games like this are usualy awesome so i was not surprised when this was.
  6. JohnK.
    Mar 4, 2003
    Graphics are amazing, story is good, and the gore is good. Any one who dosen't like this game is retarded.
  7. StevenS.
    May 9, 2003
    The graphics of this game is really good but they should make more cheats instead of stratigie/walkthrough.make invincibility or unlimted ammo.
  8. JeremyW.
    Jan 31, 2004
    Damn good game... scary game!!!
  9. RickyH.
    Aug 23, 2002
    A game with great atmosphere!
  10. KyleK.
    Nov 17, 2003
    A pretty damn scary game throughout some points. In some ways better than the horrifying resident evil. An entertaining game.
  11. BenN.
    Oct 15, 2003
    Ok, whoeva says this game is rubbish is a knob ! This game hasn't got ANY MAJOR problems at all, it's well good actually !
  12. NickG.
    Oct 19, 2003
    how can people hate this game, really? all you people who give super low scores because of one little flaw have to stop expecting games to be perfect. this was almost perfect anyway. well, in my opinion.
  13. Jessek
    Oct 19, 2003
    really very good, perfect gameplay makes it even scarier. i always thought resident evil was the best survival horror game. right now i am kind of questioning that theory.
  14. ScottN
    Oct 19, 2003
    about as good as i predicted. could have been a little better but still a buy overall (for fans of survival horror). if not rent it anyway, you might deside to buy it.
  15. GamesBitch
    Aug 18, 2003
    Takes a while to get into but then very addictive game play insues. Great graphics and Sound. Was sad when it finished,( ending too easy). I think overall one of the most underrated games i have ever played!
  16. Ryan
    May 5, 2004
    Boss 3 too difficult, lost interest!
  17. BobM.
    Oct 19, 2003
    This game was scary and awesome, i loved it. graphics were good and the team managment style is great.
  18. Daniel
    Feb 18, 2003
    Recommend seeing the movie first. The game has a good scary touch to it. To be honest though it is a little difficult. So be ready for a challenge. Many people become frustrated at the games difficulty and give it a bad rate without even bothering too try. This is not a simple point and shoot game. It is, however, fun.
  19. DanM.
    Oct 18, 2004
    This game is crazy! but im stuck on my 2nd boss.
  20. PS2Junkie
    Jun 21, 2004
    This game is hot. anyone who says other wise has a fu..ing twing in their brain i liked this game alotthe only downside is that some of the bosses like boss three are extremely hard to kill.
  21. Jun 27, 2015
    Okay so i remember when this game came out back in 2002 , my dad bought it for me and i was like 7 lol , i had also seen the movie around that time but being a young boy i didn't know what to expect from this game , i remember always getting stuck on a certain level and i got so upset about it my mum sold the game lol , oh well , 13 years later and i have the game again , and what can iOkay so i remember when this game came out back in 2002 , my dad bought it for me and i was like 7 lol , i had also seen the movie around that time but being a young boy i didn't know what to expect from this game , i remember always getting stuck on a certain level and i got so upset about it my mum sold the game lol , oh well , 13 years later and i have the game again , and what can i say ? its a real beauty , this game captivates both fear and trust . You fear the monsters , big and small , the fear of running low on ammo , health , the fear of being alone , the fear of running into someone you cant trust . The trust aspect of the game is even greater , you meet a large multitude of different characters / survivors on the way , most come with a small backstory so you know a bit about them , this tends to be the case for the useful characters that wont be the thing , others you meet with little backstory will usually be infected. Teaming up with people is risky but rewarding , you first have to gain their trust ( if you want to ) although sometimes it isn't optional , the survivors become useful as they differ into 3 classes , Medic , Engineer and Soldier . The Medic is useful as he can heal you and others around you but unfortunately not himself , the engineer can fix faulty control panels which can progress the game or just to unlock rooms with goodies inside , and finally the soldier , who , just provides additional fire power. The character AI is actually quite good , I found little error with the AI at all. Overall this game is great , it may be old but its still gold ! Expand

#17 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#32 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

1. Another barrier to immersion was that the level of realism is inconsistent, and conveniently tossed aside when necessary.
  2. There’s almost a complete absence of soundtrack and it really works in creating a sense of dread (coupled with the sporadic nature of the thing attacks, at least in the early going).
  3. Entertainment Weekly
    This contrived implementation of a great concept is disappointing, but at least the surrounding game delivers some taught cinematic moments that would make Carpenter proud. [6 Sept 2002]