8.6

1. PeterD.
    Jan 12, 2006
    i am shocked to see you young children playing this game my son showed me this game and wen i saw it he was stabing someone with a knife and it swears to much this is wat causes young people to have under age sex and take drugs and resort to violence.
  2. RickN
    Nov 22, 2005
    Not as good as I thought it was going to be, a fun game all the same. The combats a bit hit and miss, especially when your fighting in gangs, when it works its very satisfying and looks great, but when it doesn't it can get a bit messy. The boss battles in particular, you can find yourself running around like a looney and getting nowhere. The game has a great sense of style though,Not as good as I thought it was going to be, a fun game all the same. The combats a bit hit and miss, especially when your fighting in gangs, when it works its very satisfying and looks great, but when it doesn't it can get a bit messy. The boss battles in particular, you can find yourself running around like a looney and getting nowhere. The game has a great sense of style though, with the same violent aspects you'd expect from rockstar. An enjoyable game, but with a bit more polish, it would've been amazing. Expand
  3. PaulA.
    Oct 21, 2005
    This game represents the ultimate brawler for the PS2. I've never seen the film, but will go out and rent it today. The fighting mechanics are simply awesome! I've been playing it for the last three days and have finished perhaps a quarter of the game. Definitely recommended...!
  4. MikeC.
    Oct 22, 2005
    This game rocks .i cant belive it took a 26years old movie against all these now movie games that usally arent good. and the warriors its so good .it has some flaws but they wont bother you cause youll be having so much fun with this game.
  5. WilkesB.
    Oct 22, 2005
    You can play 2-player through everything, including missions. Couldn't stop playing the game with my buddy, and I've warned him he'll be seeing more often. Too much fun destroying things and handing out beat-downs. Rockstar, once again, rules all.
  6. JohnnyV.
    Oct 23, 2005
    This is one of the best games on ps2, This game delivers violents and fun at the same time. You can interact with the environment and break things and you can unlock huhundreds of modes.The film is my favourite movie of all time and now the game is my favourite on the ps2.The only thing left for me to say is...this game is excellent!
  7. KelR.
    Oct 25, 2005
    I give it a ten simply because of the 2 player coop mode. My brother and I were hooked on this game for a solid week. The environment, voice acting, missions, and extras are better than I've seen in any game. I agree that the fist fighting gets a little monotonous, but after a little break you'll be ready to jump back in. Simply put this game is awesome.
  8. SumDood
    Nov 21, 2005
    Ahh yes Rockstar does it again! This one was awesome not flaws or downfall just complete beat em up action! A little short but worth the purchase.
  9. RickN.
    Dec 5, 2005
    A really entertaining game at times; with its dark atmosphere and crime based mini games it kinda comes off like a mix of GTA and Manhunt in sections. There's a lot to like here and the game does its best keep things from becoming repetitive, but its not without flaws. The boss battles i found in were particularly badly thought out, lots of running around in circles whilst flinging A really entertaining game at times; with its dark atmosphere and crime based mini games it kinda comes off like a mix of GTA and Manhunt in sections. There's a lot to like here and the game does its best keep things from becoming repetitive, but its not without flaws. The boss battles i found in were particularly badly thought out, lots of running around in circles whilst flinging bottles at someone. Combat in large groups can be difficult too, but when you do pull moves off it is very satisfying. Some other small flaws stop this from becoming a classic, its still a great game though, and as you'd expect from Rockstar, it is very violent and immoral, one mini game comes in the form of mugging innocent by-standers, so now gamers can go around stealing from women before smashing their head into a brick wall...not very nice really is it? But thats entertainment these days for you! Expand
  10. TobiasS.
    Dec 6, 2005
    It's an awesome game! I've fell in love with it and I and I think that it's tricky sometimes. I had a lot of exciting hours with it and I like to fight against other gangs. I thought I'm a Warrior too!
  11. DrewF.
    Dec 22, 2005
    The game is too short and only offers repetetive gameplay and a story that barely lifts of the ground. there is some enjoyment in beating down the police and thugs but how far can that really take it? A mediocore game with glitches throughout and a weak dialogue.
  12. MorganC.
    Jan 2, 2006
    Engaging storyline, flawless squad combat, and the ability to use almost anything as a weapon. Manhunt meets GTA in an amazing game that made me remember why I bought my PS2 in the first place.
  13. JamieW.
    Jan 8, 2006
    I may be one of the only tru youth that injoy the movie as much as the people of it's generation. I thought the gane was fantastic and had an exellent prequal to the movie and then just blew my mind when it filled in some of the blanks into the story. Not only was the story great but they completely captured the movies meaning ecept with a little more swearing then would have been I may be one of the only tru youth that injoy the movie as much as the people of it's generation. I thought the gane was fantastic and had an exellent prequal to the movie and then just blew my mind when it filled in some of the blanks into the story. Not only was the story great but they completely captured the movies meaning ecept with a little more swearing then would have been used in 1979. Expand
    Feb 11, 2006
    A bit short in length, but one of the best games I have ever played.
  15. Humb1estWalker
    Aug 4, 2006
    This game is addictive and really fast paced but if you don't like violence and you''re an anti drugs kinda guy than let's just say this really isn't going to be your type of game. The action in this games is seriously meaty but the only things the game doesn't have is the abbility to drive cars and the usage of guns.
  16. Jon
    Apr 15, 2007
    One of funnest games ive played...but way to short..luckly it was cheap.
  17. JackF.
    Jul 29, 2007
    I thoroughly enjoyed the game and could fully get into the story line of it. I also enjoyed the bonus missions and the bonus objectives within the missions. The only bad thing about the game is that it didn't go on for longer. I have played it many times and have completed 100% of the game and I greatly appreciate the creativity and imagination of the game creators for makinh levels I thoroughly enjoyed the game and could fully get into the story line of it. I also enjoyed the bonus missions and the bonus objectives within the missions. The only bad thing about the game is that it didn't go on for longer. I have played it many times and have completed 100% of the game and I greatly appreciate the creativity and imagination of the game creators for makinh levels 1-13 without any sources to go on. I love this game and would say it is probably the best game to come out on ps2. Expand
  18. Manjero
    Mar 16, 2008
    This is definitely one of the best games I've ever played. The open environment is fully destructible, and the punches, kicks, and other moves connect fast and full of character, giving you the adrenaline rush most games don't usually execute well. The only downside of this game is the co-operative play, where the screen automatically splits and connects up, and like much of the This is definitely one of the best games I've ever played. The open environment is fully destructible, and the punches, kicks, and other moves connect fast and full of character, giving you the adrenaline rush most games don't usually execute well. The only downside of this game is the co-operative play, where the screen automatically splits and connects up, and like much of the past Rockstar games, the graphics aren't much to look at. But otherwise, The Warriors is a flawless game, and there are only a few games of its genre which truly excel in game play and originality. Expand
  19. MichaelS
    Jul 24, 2008
    One of the best brawlers of any generation, based on one of my favorite 70s flicks. A landmark in licensed gaming.
  20. Chris!
    Aug 31, 2008
    At first The Warriors was alright, but it seems that the more you play it, the BETTER it gets!!! For 10 months straight approx. I played The Warriors & only The Warriors. Rockstar Games have truly created a miracle! Thank -You Rockstar Chris!
  21. Jul 20, 2011
    I remember playing this a while back and having a blast with it. It has chapter that wernt even in the movie which adds to the gameplay (which is excelent) The storytelling is very good ass well is the voice acting with most of the original cast. The gameplay is nonstop fun, it never gets old you can be whatever gang you want, create a gang with whoever you want and when your done with theI remember playing this a while back and having a blast with it. It has chapter that wernt even in the movie which adds to the gameplay (which is excelent) The storytelling is very good ass well is the voice acting with most of the original cast. The gameplay is nonstop fun, it never gets old you can be whatever gang you want, create a gang with whoever you want and when your done with the game you can do whatever you want, rome the streets, do the flashback missions, play the multiple modes it also has and the story is has alot of replay abillity i played it for atleast 40 hours all together to show how much i loved it but i would recemend this to anyone. Expand
  22. Dec 15, 2011
    one of the best ps3 game out there remember playing it .the gang fell unique.it is very fun to play .rockstar must make a remake on the ps3.
  23. Dec 20, 2011
    Fresh from playing the extremely lame Deus Ex: Human Revolution I decided to get back to basics with a re-purchased PS2 game - "The Warriors" - and boy was I delighted to do so. From a time when Rockstar made games which were all about fun and not about the boring side of realism (as GTA 4 so badly displayed) The Warriors gives you an excellent atmosphere and basic premis to go round andFresh from playing the extremely lame Deus Ex: Human Revolution I decided to get back to basics with a re-purchased PS2 game - "The Warriors" - and boy was I delighted to do so. From a time when Rockstar made games which were all about fun and not about the boring side of realism (as GTA 4 so badly displayed) The Warriors gives you an excellent atmosphere and basic premis to go round and reak havoc. The combat is fun, real fun, the overall vibe ripped straight from the movie is cool as **** and although It's a bit rough around the edges and the camera can be a pain at times, it's always a good crack to play and for my money the best beat-em up on the market. If your a fan of the film you'll especially love it as familiar faces and gangs appear throughout too. The last boss battle it's pants, but getting there is so much fun who cares? All this for £4.50?? Bargain. Collapse
  24. Dec 20, 2011

The gameplay is varied, the combat is deep, and the presentational and multiplayer extras really push it forward. The biggest issue for many may ultimately turn out to be the game's extreme level of violence.
    As fanservice, The Warriors is a treat for anyone who loves the movie, and as a beat-em-up, it outclasses recent efforts from competitors. Yet as a complete package, it's somewhat inconsistent.
  3. Although it's certainly not a masterpiece, The Warriors gets by on style, flair, variety, and simple fun. [Nov 2005, p.144]