4.3

1. Hitokiri
    Aug 18, 2009
    If all of you think the game is so terrible, it must be that u all suck really bad, I started playing 1 week ago, and I have 4 holes in one, and a double eagle, I have played 39 round of golf, and I know the game is really good. You will see this game (compared to the previous games) gives you the ability to be 100% accurate. The PGA on this game is also so much better than 08, But it isIf all of you think the game is so terrible, it must be that u all suck really bad, I started playing 1 week ago, and I have 4 holes in one, and a double eagle, I have played 39 round of golf, and I know the game is really good. You will see this game (compared to the previous games) gives you the ability to be 100% accurate. The PGA on this game is also so much better than 08, But it is difficult to start playing good, it took me 3 days to strike the golf ball straight and true.
    Remember little kids play this, so if you cant? stop playing games all together
  2. PrentissH
    Sep 18, 2008
    It took me less than an hour to beat the EA sports challenge. Then, I won my first tournament in an hour and was shooting 55 under par by my second tournament. Lots of content has been deleted. Everything is simplified. This was a major down grade from last years game. May that was their way of eliminating bugs from the game. Very dissappointed in what was my favorite game series to play.
  3. JeffS.
    Mar 13, 2009
    This game is a disgrace. It get's worse every year. If not online, you can't even play a tournament with 2 players. WTF - this game sucks.
  4. AnonymousMC
    Jun 28, 2009
    Absolutely horrible game. I've been a long time fan of the tiger woods games but this one is absolutely horrible. the graphics are terrible, its unrealistic, there aren't very many options to choose from and the swingometer is horrible. Very poor game. Save your money, maybe they will learn for next year.
    Aug 31, 2008
    Worst TW ever! Graphics are not good, gameplay has gotten worse, options, both visual and mechanical have been removed, and worst of all, the amount of content has been decreased. I have this game for the Wii as well, and you can fine tune your clubs, use Hank Haney as your coach, play through the pro's mini-challenges to build up your stats. The PS2 version lets you play a random Worst TW ever! Graphics are not good, gameplay has gotten worse, options, both visual and mechanical have been removed, and worst of all, the amount of content has been decreased. I have this game for the Wii as well, and you can fine tune your clubs, use Hank Haney as your coach, play through the pro's mini-challenges to build up your stats. The PS2 version lets you play a random game of your choice, play in the EA sports cup, or play in a PGA season. That's it, That's all. Don't waste your money. Expand
  6. May 11, 2011
    I just picked this up new on amazon for 8$, saying this I can see how some of these ratings probably came from people that paid more than 10$ for it. At first I was playing with the analog swings which I found to be inconsistent power wise (maybe it's because i created a new golfer with low attributes??) that intially upset me because this was my favorite part about 06. I switched to 2/3I just picked this up new on amazon for 8$, saying this I can see how some of these ratings probably came from people that paid more than 10$ for it. At first I was playing with the analog swings which I found to be inconsistent power wise (maybe it's because i created a new golfer with low attributes??) that intially upset me because this was my favorite part about 06. I switched to 2/3 click which is incredibly easy and accurate as long as you read the wind and ground location. The pro's- I really like the interface on the play screen, good course selection. Cons, no online, inconsitent analog, and putting is definetly more challenging then past series (hit select for putt preview helps). Overall enjoyable for a few buck. I can't get into the 360,ps3 versions of this game so I love this one over the other ps2 tiger's I played. The only thing the otherps2 tigers have is deeper gameplay but are flawed in way too many other areas. If you want the best golf sim out there try the Wii version, but tiger 09 ps2 is a good cheap companion. . Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. While the golf is undeniably fun, you’re much better off snapping up a copy from Tiger’s PS2 heyday a couple of years back – unlike baseball or football, these games tend to age well.
    The stroke and putting mechanics work fine but the feature set is painfully lacking. No online play and lacking game modes come together to make a game that’s very difficult to recommend for anyone when last year’s has the same golf, golfers, courses, and visuals with a much better set of features to support it.