Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 PlayStation 2

8.8

1. ChristianB.
    Oct 10, 2003
    It's great for all the obvious reasons that everyone else mentions. HOWEVER: there isn't anyway to play multiplayer in PGA Tour mode, which sucks, especially if you want to build a couple original characters and develop them with friends. You have to do it individually. ALso, it would be great if more statistical information was available regarding all the different clubs and It's great for all the obvious reasons that everyone else mentions. HOWEVER: there isn't anyway to play multiplayer in PGA Tour mode, which sucks, especially if you want to build a couple original characters and develop them with friends. You have to do it individually. ALso, it would be great if more statistical information was available regarding all the different clubs and gear you can buy. Why is one club better than the other? What shafts give power, and which give feel? Why aren't there "superclubs"? It seems that games are totally geared for online multiplay these days, but there is real beauty in being able to hook up four controllers for a friday night tour with four friends... sadly, you can't do that with this game. still, it's great. Expand
  2. AAlleyII
    Oct 10, 2003
    Love the game, but have many reservations about it's game play format being so similar to TW.2003. No new improvements, yet perhaps new problems. Still the game and new courses itself are awesome, and still a joy to play.
    Oct 2, 2003
    Okay, I love the game. But I have a few major issues. First is the Skillzone, IT HAS THE EXACT SAME 3 LEVELS AS 2003!? That is really cheap. Second major annoyance: the removed the game mode "Tournament". This mode was the only mode in which two human players could play- without waiting for a CPU player- and both win some cash! In 2004 there is no mode like this, the world tour (basically Okay, I love the game. But I have a few major issues. First is the Skillzone, IT HAS THE EXACT SAME 3 LEVELS AS 2003!? That is really cheap. Second major annoyance: the removed the game mode "Tournament". This mode was the only mode in which two human players could play- without waiting for a CPU player- and both win some cash! In 2004 there is no mode like this, the world tour (basically the "Tiger challenge" in 2003) pays out big cash prizes but is one player only . The new game modes (Fourball, best ball etc)require you to play against TWO CPU players, which really makes the game too long AND teven worse, you barely win anything! Other than that I love playing TWG 2004. However I have another major compliant: When you select a club and pull back on the directional pad (while pressing circle button) to see your target the game SWITCHES your club!! In essence this totaly crap feature makes it impossible to hit certain clubs short distances unless you take a wild guess at the % of swing needed. I just don't get why they do that. In fact I'm switching my vote from an 8 to a 5 just FOR THAT! Expand

1. EA Sports has put considerable effort into improving this franchise by adding more game modes, an intuitive swing mechanism, online play, lifelike graphics, plus more depth, options and customizability. No other golf game is on par.
  2. The level of customization is simply astounding. In addition to the typical options like face, hair color, eye color and facial hair, players can change the structure of their cheek, chin and jaws. And not just the appearance, but the width, height and length too. [Oct 2003, p.84]
  3. EA's improved everything in this game, from graphics to putting to new arcade modes that help pass the time. There's just no better golf game out there. [Oct 2003, p.136]