8.8

1. ChristianB.
    Oct 10, 2003
    It's great for all the obvious reasons that everyone else mentions. HOWEVER: there isn't anyway to play multiplayer in PGA Tour mode, which sucks, especially if you want to build a couple original characters and develop them with friends. You have to do it individually. ALso, it would be great if more statistical information was available regarding all the different clubs and It's great for all the obvious reasons that everyone else mentions. HOWEVER: there isn't anyway to play multiplayer in PGA Tour mode, which sucks, especially if you want to build a couple original characters and develop them with friends. You have to do it individually. ALso, it would be great if more statistical information was available regarding all the different clubs and gear you can buy. Why is one club better than the other? What shafts give power, and which give feel? Why aren't there "superclubs"? It seems that games are totally geared for online multiplay these days, but there is real beauty in being able to hook up four controllers for a friday night tour with four friends... sadly, you can't do that with this game. still, it's great. Expand
  2. BrandonR
    Oct 1, 2003
    Excellent game, new courses are awesome, still way too easy!
  3. RickA.
    Oct 1, 2003
    Hands down the greatest golf game ever! All the new courses and features make this worth upgrading from last year's version. I'm not even a huge golf fan, and I can't stop playing this game.
  4. Louise
    Oct 8, 2003
    This is a totally AWESOME game with great features like, Gameface. And if you don't like the analog control to swing the player then go buy another game. It's way better than that easy bar they had in earlier Golf games.
  5. ShannonM.
    Jan 4, 2004
    This game is great. I have played TW games since they have came out and this is by far the best one. The only complaint is that the World Tour was way too easy compared to 2003. Online mode is great, you get to talk and challenge people from all over the world. By far the best golf game there is. I highly recommend it to anyone that enjoys a good golf game. But warning it is addictive LOL.
  6. JoeB.
    Mar 15, 2004
    My only complaint is the annoying trophy balls when I'm just shootin' a round with a buddy! Please give us the option of canning this nuisance.
  7. DavidE.
    Apr 15, 2004
    This is the best golf game ever!!!
  8. CoryR.
    Apr 16, 2004
    This game kicks ass i love just whooping everyone who tries to come close to me.
  9. JasonZ.
    Amazing.
  10. AAlleyII
    Oct 10, 2003
    Love the game, but have many reservations about it's game play format being so similar to TW.2003. No new improvements, yet perhaps new problems. Still the game and new courses itself are awesome, and still a joy to play.
  11. JoaquinDaS.
    Oct 12, 2003
    This game is pretty well done and very fun. The level of customization is awesome. Tiger Woods 2004 is a must for any golfer fan. 2 thumbs up for EA!
    Oct 2, 2003
    Okay, I love the game. But I have a few major issues. First is the Skillzone, IT HAS THE EXACT SAME 3 LEVELS AS 2003!? That is really cheap. Second major annoyance: the removed the game mode "Tournament". This mode was the only mode in which two human players could play- without waiting for a CPU player- and both win some cash! In 2004 there is no mode like this, the world tour (basically Okay, I love the game. But I have a few major issues. First is the Skillzone, IT HAS THE EXACT SAME 3 LEVELS AS 2003!? That is really cheap. Second major annoyance: the removed the game mode "Tournament". This mode was the only mode in which two human players could play- without waiting for a CPU player- and both win some cash! In 2004 there is no mode like this, the world tour (basically the "Tiger challenge" in 2003) pays out big cash prizes but is one player only . The new game modes (Fourball, best ball etc)require you to play against TWO CPU players, which really makes the game too long AND teven worse, you barely win anything! Other than that I love playing TWG 2004. However I have another major compliant: When you select a club and pull back on the directional pad (while pressing circle button) to see your target the game SWITCHES your club!! In essence this totaly crap feature makes it impossible to hit certain clubs short distances unless you take a wild guess at the % of swing needed. I just don't get why they do that. In fact I'm switching my vote from an 8 to a 5 just FOR THAT! Collapse
  13. BrendanB.
    Sep 15, 2003
    This game is awesome.
  14. CodyK.
    Sep 18, 2003
    2003 was a great game and was a very good challenge to beat. I cant wait till 2004 is in my ps2 at home and gives me a greater challenge to overcome.
  15. Chuck76
    Jan 23, 2004
    Not just the best golf game of all time but one of THE best games of all time. Customising your character is a joy and multiplayer is up there with Timesplitters 2. There are a few minor niggles but they're so minor they don't change the rating. I don't rate games so highly for nothing, this rules!
  16. DaveP.
    Feb 5, 2004
    Love the game. Two complaints are that the World Tour and the PGA tour are way to easy and the music. Myself and my fiends? find the music just plain bad but I guess this is up the individual. Love the commentary by David Feherty always makes me laugh. Player customization is great. Pro shop, buying brand name equipment and getting sponsors makes this game a lot of fun. I also enjoy the Love the game. Two complaints are that the World Tour and the PGA tour are way to easy and the music. Myself and my fiends? find the music just plain bad but I guess this is up the individual. Love the commentary by David Feherty always makes me laugh. Player customization is great. Pro shop, buying brand name equipment and getting sponsors makes this game a lot of fun. I also enjoy the real time events this changes up the pace and the PGA calendar. Great Game!!! Over all the best PS2 game I have ever played. Expand
  17. PeterF.
    Jun 25, 2004
    The most immersive golf video game ever produced.
  18. BoP.
    Nov 17, 2003
    Game graphics are good, but the game is just WAY TOO EASY. There is absolutly no challenge playing the PGA-Tour part or the WorldTour part of the game. And you can forget playing with your friends in tournaments that part i removed. I am very disappointed in this game and cannot recommend anyone to buy it!.
  19. LeeB.
    Nov 5, 2003
    This is a brilliant game and any golfer fan will enjoy playing it! This is the best golf game out yet!
  20. RickD.
    Dec 17, 2003
    It keeps getting better every year with new courses, features, and overall accomplishments. However, once you have obtained all scenarios, trophy balls, world tour, and par 5 eagles the only thing left is the tour season and real time events. Since we play the game to advance our game completion percentage and not for sheer enjoyment it would be nice to skip through all of the It keeps getting better every year with new courses, features, and overall accomplishments. However, once you have obtained all scenarios, trophy balls, world tour, and par 5 eagles the only thing left is the tour season and real time events. Since we play the game to advance our game completion percentage and not for sheer enjoyment it would be nice to skip through all of the introduction animations to complete the task faster. When Tracking Tiger and checking stats/rankings it would be nice if the objectives were clearly defined in the instruction manual. Love the game and will play to the end.....at least 'til 2005. Peace and Love. Expand
  21. PascalB.
    Sep 25, 2003
    The best golf game ever made and if not, the best sports game. It combines everything, season mode, World Tout (Tiger Challenge), traditionnal games and more party like games. Plus, you can create of clone of yourself with the Game Face option. Buy clothes, equipment, boost your attributes. It's one of the most complete games I've ever played.
  22. Androm3d4
    Sep 25, 2003
    I would try to make this review a useful tool for other people to use when they are deciding whether to get this game. I usually researched around to get opinions or tips of games (mostly) before I decide. And usually it doesn't help me much. So I hope that this review would help some people out there. IMHO, I find this game VERY GOOD. In terms of gameplay, REPLAYABILITY, technics, I would try to make this review a useful tool for other people to use when they are deciding whether to get this game. I usually researched around to get opinions or tips of games (mostly) before I decide. And usually it doesn't help me much. So I hope that this review would help some people out there. IMHO, I find this game VERY GOOD. In terms of gameplay, REPLAYABILITY, technics, sound... Online feature is great which has diverse types of plays and features. There are online tournaments with rankings for those who are competitive or you can just play a friendly round with the computer or among others online. Either way, the experience is fulfilling. When you start to win tournaments and build a reputation of a sound golfer, there are sponsorships, money prizes, bonuses which you can make use to get new drivers, irons, shoes, apparels, socks, outerwear, balls, tapes, hats, long , short pants, slacks, JEANS??, gloves, accesories, eyewear,.... YOU NAME IT. OMG, THEY GOT EVERYTHING. This is what that makes this game so good. Limitless boundary for hours of explorations, discoveries, which would tickle the curious minds or just the feeling of accomplishment for being able to own every type of pants of different colors. The gameface is great too. It would massage the creative minds or even add a tinge of humor into the game. For those who are trying to create a character who resembles ourselves, you tend to become more self-conscious of how you look. However, I would think that this game would need some work on the graphics side. There is a lack of detail textures of the courses. The fairways, bunkers, rough looks like a flat plank of hardboards. All shirts look like rubbersuits which you strap them on. The pants which you spent your win money on getting them doesn't have the "soft" appearance to it. There are certainly many much more areas to explore in this game. This is certainly a good buy, especially for golf fans. Get it and see you online! Expand
  23. UPsych
    Sep 25, 2003
    This is the best golf game I have ever played/owned in my life. It is totally worth every penny. One thing to add though. I wish people would stop bitching about having to use the analog control to shoot. If ya can't play this game, buy another you wus!
  24. JesseM.
    Aug 19, 2004
    This game is great from all the courses to designing your own character. The only thing i would like to see is more in depth club selection compared to the type of swing you chose, and less ea games suplies and more brand name clubs and clothes and other aperal and accesories. OVERALL WICKED!
  25. ChadL.
    Dec 23, 2003
    This game does have some bugs but they do not matter too much this is a realistic golf game and not to mention the game face is awesome I love this game, The online play is great as well
  26. EdM.
    Dec 23, 2003
    You gotta love that Game Face and analog swing.

1. EA Sports has put considerable effort into improving this franchise by adding more game modes, an intuitive swing mechanism, online play, lifelike graphics, plus more depth, options and customizability. No other golf game is on par.
  2. The level of customization is simply astounding. In addition to the typical options like face, hair color, eye color and facial hair, players can change the structure of their cheek, chin and jaws. And not just the appearance, but the width, height and length too. [Oct 2003, p.84]
  3. EA's improved everything in this game, from graphics to putting to new arcade modes that help pass the time. There's just no better golf game out there. [Oct 2003, p.136]