8.6

1. JonR.
    Nov 14, 2005
    The characters and settings remain pretty close to the movie. Graphics are sweet and the game play is pretty good. The only thing i dont like about this game is not being able to control the view.
  2. DanB.
    Mar 1, 2006
    Nice graphics and reworkings of original songs was good, chracters and places stay faithful to the film, worth getting if you are a tim burton fan. my only complaint jack moves ssssooooooo slow.
  3. maxkkeogh
    Apr 4, 2008
    Capcom have done a truly brilliant job with Oogie's Revenge. They have truly captured the whimsically dark and quirky look of the film, as well as nailing the ghoulish character's bittersweet innoence absoluetly spot on. The music and voice talent truly feel like a sequel to the movie, and Capcom have truly captured Burton's formula in this one.

I took the ten away

I took the ten away because of the game being very close to Devil May Cry's combat system, and that the storyline was a tad predictable considering where the film leaft off. also, because the game can get mildly cobfusing at points too.

Overall, a near-on perfect movie tie-in video game replica of Burton's hit movie.
  4. DamienT.
    Nov 2, 2005
    Simply beautiful, but I'm a huge fan....
  5. Nov 20, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Let's see, next on the good ol' review agenda... Tim Burton games. Well, I only own one, so...
    The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge!
    Oh boy, this game... Is pretty decent! I may even call it my favorite PS2 game! Now let me start with the flaws before I begin to gush; You can't control camera angles, which can get kind of irritating, but it's mostly forgiven since they put the cameras at advantageous angles for you. Next, absence of a jump button. Legend of Zelda doesn't have one, moving on. My biggest complaint is that Jack moves so slowly! Now, I appreciate the enormous overworld, but when your character moves so slow that you can't traverse it fast enough, it's a problem.
    That being said, this is an incredible game. One reason is the plot; SPOILER WARNING!!!!!
    The plot of The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge is based off of a lost plot for a sequel to the movie, effectively making this the sequel. The story goes that Jack gets up and bored with Halloween (Again) and leaves for a while. Lock, Shock, and Barrel (Yes, you get to fight them) revive Oogie Boogie and Oogie brings about the idea of a dangerous Halloween. He attempts to become the leader of the Seven Main Holidays, but Jack returns. Stuff happens, and so on.
    The combat system, albeit a bit repetitive, greatly resembles Devil May Cry- I can't believe I just linked Devil May Cry with Disney- and is smooth and fluid. New attacks for your weapon, a gooey green thing called the Soul Robber, become available as you continue through. Jack also has two other forms; The Pumpkin King form allows Jack to manipulate fire. The Sandy Claws form, although mostly for keeping enemies out of an agro state, takes a level in badass come the final dance battle, where its new attack is firing SNOWBALL METEORS.
    That brings up another point; Bosses. While some, such as the Crypt Creeper, are lackluster at best, most of the bosses range from decent to freaking amazing! The highlight of these battles are the songs sung by Jack and the enemy. They take the songs from the original movie and remix them, giving them new lyrics. And they are awesome. If you collect enough music notes in the battle, you'll enter a quick-time attack scene, where you have to push buttons correctly to do more damage, but in the finale (The FILTHY Finale) you do this for 3 FULL MINUTES. And it's really fun! Hope you've been training, bud!
    Over all, this averts the Trope of "The Problem with Licensed Games" completely. With engaging gameplay, superior combat, and the use of a lost story, The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge gets a 9/10!
  6. Jan 4, 2017
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 87/100
    Mein User Score = 9/10

1. Though a little repetitive, this game is a must for fans of the movie. [JPN Import]
  2. The Nightmare Before Christmas isn't going to score points on original gameplay, but it makes up for it with an excellent translation of the movie.
  3. Weekly Famitsu