8.8

1. MikeO.
    Oct 20, 2002
    Excellent game. Especially the multi-player. If you're looking for a game similar to Goldeneye 007, this one is it! One downfall that I give this game is the manual (it's not in depth about some aspects of game play). The game has excellent graphics and bright colors.
  2. JanM.
    Jan 3, 2003
    One of the best shooters ever created.
  3. Jul 16, 2012
    This game was my childhood. Over 150 playable characters including but not limited to, the gingerbread man, calamari, a Duck, a snow man, and a gold fish controlling a robots body. There are weapons from many eras in this game, from bricks to laser rifles. If 150 playable characters and an amazing map editor were possible in 2002 then why hasn't any game broken the record for most playableThis game was my childhood. Over 150 playable characters including but not limited to, the gingerbread man, calamari, a Duck, a snow man, and a gold fish controlling a robots body. There are weapons from many eras in this game, from bricks to laser rifles. If 150 playable characters and an amazing map editor were possible in 2002 then why hasn't any game broken the record for most playable characters since then? Make Timesplitters 4 already or at least have an HD remake of this classic current gen consoles Expand
  4. Aug 29, 2013
    This game is one of the most complete, amazing, hardcore, intense, random, and most awesomest shooters you will ever play.

Campaign: I really have never seen this type of campaign before. The missions are very fun to do and are even more fun with a partner. It has splitscreen co-op (only 2 players) and the difficulty system is unique. DO NOT JUST PLAY THE CAMPAIGN ON EASY! On easy difficulty for the campaign, it is very linear. Each mission will take about 15-20 minutes to do and there are aprox. 10 missions. On the other difficulty settings though (medium and hard), if you interact with cetain things in the enviroment, you will be given extra missions. Like on a mission on easy mode, I have 1-4 objectives and about 2-3 other side missions. On medium or hard difficulty, you will have just about the same amount of objectives but up to 3-5 side missions. You can choose to do the side missions for (I think) extra content.

Challenges: This is the big playground. In challenges mode, you can do certain challenges for certain modes to unlock new modes and multiplayer characters. You can only have one player doing this, though.

Arcade: This mode is where this game shoves it up modern game hineys so hard. This mode is separated in to two parts: Arcade Custom and Arcade League. Arcade League is just like challenge mode except that it has pre-made multiplayer battles. Again, only one play can do this. Arcade Custom is the beauty of the game. You can customize literally EVERYTHING (I mean it too)! Up to 4-player splitscreen can experience chaotic, awesome multiplayer battles on the same screen. What makes this mode so fun is that you can customize: what weapons you can have on the map
    the characters you want to fight against
    the map; game modes
    You will have mode fun with this mode than any othe game you will play in your entire life. You can have up to 14 player on one map (up to 10 bots and splitscreen). The bot A.I. actually reacts to the difficulty, and half the time you are fighting, you feel like you are in a actual war.

Rating: I really wish I could rate this game higher. If I could it would be a 25/10. Here's why: No game ever in my life have I had this much fun with my family, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This game deserves to be in a Hall Of Fame, because it is a landmark of what so many modern shooters are not today. Call of Duty, Battlefield, Medal Of Honor. These games are nothing compared to this. If you have a PS2, Origional XBOX, or a GameCube, buy this game. This game will show you why so many FPS's are failing today. I can get bored of Call of Duty in about 3 years. I'm still not bored of this game and it's been out for over 10 years.

Follow my advice. Buy this game.
  5. TBone
    Jan 6, 2003
    Excellent game, but not perfect. To Concerned Mother: I'm guessing you're a liberal democrat. Your children are more likely to die by getting hit by a car when holding "No War In Iraq" signs on overpasses than from violence shown in this game. Did you vote for Al Gore?
  6. sk8mazta
    Jan 6, 2003
    Brilliant! The Multiplayer mode is great, except in the story co-op you should respawn when you die (like in halo). Otherwise THIS GAME IS EXCELLENT!!!!
  7. TorN.
    Jun 5, 2003
    This is the best 1st person blast'em away-game I've had for PS2. Its just intoxicating. Takes all your sparetime and your nightsleep untill you've finnished it off, and then you just want to go another round. I've never considered giving a game a 10 before, but this time I'm in no doubt at all.
  8. HuibH.
    Jan 20, 2010
    OMG It really boggles my mind how people can say this game sucks, the obvious reason is that they suck at it since future perfect does have a good score which is way easier. anyway great game, I will probably never has as much fun with any other game ever again, until timesplitters 4 comes out
  9. RYANA.
    Nov 2, 2002
    The character models and environments are beautiful, when you get to enjoy them, and the game runs at a constant 60 fps. For all out fun with another player or a group of friends nothing out right now beats it.
  10. MicahC.
    Mar 8, 2003
    Damn near perfection.
  11. MitchellS.
    Jun 1, 2003
    Seriously diss game is de bomb. The 1st was awseome and the second one, even better, if you haven't got one i would seriously consider you getting one.
  12. EdB.
    Jun 13, 2005
    Where is the save button in the story mode?
  13. LeslieL
    Jun 19, 2009
    It's an O.K game, but what I want in a game is more action, more good graphics, and more realistic things. This was a blast from the 1st game, and the series will leave you wanting more, get the entire series!
  14. MetalInc.
    Nov 12, 2002
    You have not played a FPS proper until you have linked up two systems with this game together. Incredible.....fast, sharp, clean fun. The best multiplayer FPS out there.
  15. AnonymousMC
    Nov 19, 2002
    Ahhh Timesplitters 2 where have you been all my life. Easily one of my favorite console games of all time, the graphics and framerate are kick assss running at a smoooth 60fps even in fourplayer with a ton of bots on the map. Impressive. Sound effects are equally great as is the music. The Scrapyard tune is one of my favorite video game tunes ive heard in a long time. The game hasAhhh Timesplitters 2 where have you been all my life. Easily one of my favorite console games of all time, the graphics and framerate are kick assss running at a smoooth 60fps even in fourplayer with a ton of bots on the map. Impressive. Sound effects are equally great as is the music. The Scrapyard tune is one of my favorite video game tunes ive heard in a long time. The game has tons of extras to unlock, 100+ characters to get, a map maker, 2 player co operative mode (a rarity in games) and netplay. Heaps of replay value. And don't forget the 4 player split screen, some of the best fun you can have on your PS2. Rent it before ya buy as always, maybe not for everyone but damn close. Expand
  16. SagacityRecords
    Oct 12, 2002
    WICKED FUN! I was disappointed in the first Timesplitters, but this one is the next Goldeneye. They got everything right on this one and I haven't even played it with anyone else yet. Didn't give it a 10 because the story mode still could have been a lot better, but this game is great. If you like multi-player FPS, then buy this game. The replay value is through the roof.
  17. K.S.
    Dec 19, 2002
    Saweeeeeeet!!!!
  18. AndyJ.
    Oct 24, 2002
    Coooooooooooooooool.
  19. Chuck76
    Mar 5, 2003
    I hated the original Timesplitters but this is fantastic. Superb in single player, outstanding in multiplayer anyone who's ignored this due to the first game go get a copy you can't go wrong. Better than Goldeneye? I think so!
  20. RudyE.
    Jun 9, 2003
    This game was too good!!!!
  21. VincentL.
    Aug 23, 2003
    This game is awsome it reminds me a lot of 007 and stargate sg1 the tv show. I highly recommend this game to any one.
  22. (((evo)))
    Jan 16, 2004
    One of the Best Games Ever... Time you are wasting reading this could be spent playing this amazing game.
  23. KlausW.
    Jul 22, 2006
    Compared to other Pc FPS like Far Cry and F.E.A.R Timesplitters 2 may as well deserve a 8 or 7 but considering it that it's on ps2 and was made a long time ago it does deserve a 10. The gameplay is good it's really varied and the character skins actually affect you and there not just for show makes the game awsome. This game is way cooler than Battlefield 2 on ps2 beacause it Compared to other Pc FPS like Far Cry and F.E.A.R Timesplitters 2 may as well deserve a 8 or 7 but considering it that it's on ps2 and was made a long time ago it does deserve a 10. The gameplay is good it's really varied and the character skins actually affect you and there not just for show makes the game awsome. This game is way cooler than Battlefield 2 on ps2 beacause it has offline multiplayer up to 4 people and Battlefield 2 on ps2 doesn't. Instead of wasting you'r time reading this just buy this now for less than 25.00 dollars. Expand
  24. DSSS91
    May 11, 2008
    This is NOT an overated game. It is by far the best FPS for Multiplayer on the PS2. A remake is being made in HD with improved visuals and online functionality, but only if Free Radical get enough E-MAILs. So send your mails to with the Subject "Splitters HD"
    Nov 15, 2002
    Nearly perfect.
  26. Jecht
    Nov 3, 2002
    Pretty damn good. My only gripe is that easy mode is way too easy and hard mode is way too hard. Meh, i guess normal balances it out though. Lots of replay value too in the form of unlocking goodies/characters. Hook up 4 players and have a blast with 3 friends. Plus there is a 2 player co-op mode! Not many games offer that anymore and its nice to see that this does.
  27. KyleK.
    Nov 15, 2003
    A brilliant first-person shooter. It's so frantic with fast flowing action. Really good graphics, good story line and tones of characters. Multiplayer is superb.
  28. BobR.
    Aug 15, 2003
    This game is fun and and at times can be tough. I would have given it a 10 but I am having a hell of a time getting thru the Atomic level at the "Normal" setting. It's making an older game player feel even older.
  29. MikeK.
    Jul 31, 2007
    This game has a fairly good and very challenging story mode, but the multiplayer modes is where it REALLY shines. I have spent 87 hours playing this game either alone or with my friends. The story is 2 player co-op, which is more fun and inventive than singleplayer, and the up to 4 player splitscreen is a must for parties with a large group of friends. The arcade mode and mapmaker will This game has a fairly good and very challenging story mode, but the multiplayer modes is where it REALLY shines. I have spent 87 hours playing this game either alone or with my friends. The story is 2 player co-op, which is more fun and inventive than singleplayer, and the up to 4 player splitscreen is a must for parties with a large group of friends. The arcade mode and mapmaker will always have you coming back for more. An absolute must-have. Expand
  30. AnonymousMC
    Dec 15, 2008
    Timesplitters 2 is one of the best first person shooter games ever!!! Story mode was good (could have been more levels.) awesome arcade and mapmaker mode. If you don't get this game your missing a out on some of the most fun on a first person shooter you will ever get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  31. WilliamF
    Aug 23, 2008
    Loved this game. The variety of game modes and characters in arcade mode mean your never short of fast paced shooting action. I admit that story mode isn't this games strong point but this FPS is a rare gaming experience.
  32. VernV.
    Nov 14, 2002
    Kick Ass game lets hope there's a third one!!!!!
  33. May 25, 2012
    This game is amazing. It's been too long since I played this game. It's just a great game. Timesplitters 2 9.0/10
  34. Sep 3, 2014
    Easily my favourite shooter of all time. TimeSplitters 2 takes all the pre-conceived notions of the first-person shooter genre and turns it on it's head!
    You could be a US Military trooper with an AK-47, trying to save hostages from armed terrorists OR you could be a monkey in a tie, throwing bricks at a man dressed entirely in cardboard boxes with a raygun while a Cyborg hostage with an AK-47 terrorises a military trooper.
    It was total insanity and it's gameplay reflected this. It was incredibly fast-paced and relied more on reaction times and simply keeping your cool more than precise skill. It was a pure adrenaline rush from start to finish, with a truly unique and captivating art style, and incredible musical score provided by the brilliant Graeme Norgate and more imagination and creativity than you could fit in to the rest of the entire genre combined because I guarantee you, it parodied every one of those games at least once!
  35. Nov 13, 2012
    This was such a fabulous game that gets little recognition. The CO/OP story and the MP modes were just fun as hell to play. Plus the had a level creator that was fun and easy to use. Played a monay hours of this with my buddy.
  36. Jun 1, 2013
    A brilliant shooter. Tons of content and unlimited fun. Although I do prefer the 3rd installment Future Perfect. 9.5/10:BRUTAL!!! But because it's a formidable series, I will give it a meta score of a 10/10.
  37. Jun 15, 2013
    The only game that deserves a 10 for me is none other than TimeSplitters 2. It may be an old game, but it way a true gem! way ahead of its time even for graphics. It's design and concept is fantastic, it's gameplay is second to none. There's nothing quite like it really, it's a mix of Golden Eye and Perfect Dark mixed into one with it's own ingredients sprinkled on-top. The basic premisesThe only game that deserves a 10 for me is none other than TimeSplitters 2. It may be an old game, but it way a true gem! way ahead of its time even for graphics. It's design and concept is fantastic, it's gameplay is second to none. There's nothing quite like it really, it's a mix of Golden Eye and Perfect Dark mixed into one with it's own ingredients sprinkled on-top. The basic premises of the story mode is to collect time crystals from various points of time, wheather it be fighting your way through a dark zombie infested cathedral or fighting aliens on Planet X, it never lets you down! the story mode is only a small part of the mass amount of fun to be had with this game tho! each difficulty from the story mode allows you to unlock new characters for use in Arcade Multiplayer. You can setup bot matches and have wars against zombie, alien, robots and mutants with your friends 4 player! ontop of that are challenge modes to unlock even more crazy characters! and if that wasn't enough, the game throws in a mapmaker to build your own story or multiplayer levels! if your in the market looking for some old great PS2 games to play, then please do yourself a favor and pick this diamond up! Expand
  38. Sep 14, 2013
    TimeSplitters 2 is one of the best shooters ever created. It's unique, challenging, packed full of content, and just incredibly fun to play either solo or with friends. Thanks to its robust selection of game modes, levels, and characters, it stays refreshing after hours upon hours of play. The graphics are still visually pleasing after all these years, the controls are snappy andTimeSplitters 2 is one of the best shooters ever created. It's unique, challenging, packed full of content, and just incredibly fun to play either solo or with friends. Thanks to its robust selection of game modes, levels, and characters, it stays refreshing after hours upon hours of play. The graphics are still visually pleasing after all these years, the controls are snappy and responsive, and the audio is some of the best and most memorable I've ever heard in a game. Games like TimeSplitters 2 are the reason I feel glad to be someone who plays video games and feel sorry for those who don't.

Simply put, your PS2 library is worthless without this game. Get it.
  39. Jan 17, 2015
    The most fun FPS game around, bar none. After years of waiting for a better FPS, nothing has quite compared. Modern Warfare came close, but this game focuses on the real videogame experience without trying to be anything other than a game that can be enjoyed by anybody. There are at least 30 hours of content here if you just want to complete it all. But for those who really love the game,The most fun FPS game around, bar none. After years of waiting for a better FPS, nothing has quite compared. Modern Warfare came close, but this game focuses on the real videogame experience without trying to be anything other than a game that can be enjoyed by anybody. There are at least 30 hours of content here if you just want to complete it all. But for those who really love the game, the massive amount of customisation will last a life time. All the above applies to the single player experience, however multiplayer is even more fun than that. Buy this game used. Nintendo Wii, 2 controllers, Gamecube memory card and TS2 (Gamecube) from ebay is the best £60 you will ever spend. Expand
  40. Aug 29, 2013

the characters you want to fight against
    the map; game modes

Follow my advice. Buy this game.

As a PS2 shooter it's the best I've ever played - I can't emphasize that point enough.
  2. This has to be one of the best titles that’s come out for every console this year.
  3. Edges out "Red Faction 2" just by a hair. "Red Faction"'s single player mode is much more intense but lacks the cooperative campaign mode that Timesplitters 2 did.