9.2

1. MarkJ.
    Mar 30, 2005
    Looks nice. but it breaks some of the good stuff from TS1 and TS2. continuous checkpoints mean that you can't get back very far, which seems bad if you are nearly dead at checkpoint. but since the game is so much more shallow than previous games, actually it doesnt matter. lots of locked door and other contrived things keep the game strictly on rails.(is this a memory limitation on Looks nice. but it breaks some of the good stuff from TS1 and TS2. continuous checkpoints mean that you can't get back very far, which seems bad if you are nearly dead at checkpoint. but since the game is so much more shallow than previous games, actually it doesnt matter. lots of locked door and other contrived things keep the game strictly on rails.(is this a memory limitation on the PS2?) of course, the game engine rocks, so the multiplayer deathmatch etc are great. shame about the game, though. feels more like an arcade game. Remember twin calibre? Expand
  2. Apr 29, 2013
    I dread to think how much time I spent playing Timesplitters 2 with a multi-tap plugged in and three mates sat around a TV screen. When I heard of a sequel I was obviously delighted but unfortunately Future Perfect just lacks the charm of that title with characters now making stupid comments when selected and the far more generic being just two examples of where this game took steps in theI dread to think how much time I spent playing Timesplitters 2 with a multi-tap plugged in and three mates sat around a TV screen. When I heard of a sequel I was obviously delighted but unfortunately Future Perfect just lacks the charm of that title with characters now making stupid comments when selected and the far more generic being just two examples of where this game took steps in the wrong direction. Expand

1. What this game contains that is totally removed from everything else out there is a quirky, infectious, humorous character, one that seems to deeply reflect the personality of its makers. When you play it, you really sense a stamp of originality and zany flavor in its presentation and structure. [March 2005, p.48]
  2. Almost exactly what we wanted it to be. Story mode and single-player antics are diverting enough but the game excels in multiplayer, offering fast-paced thrills that only the highlights of the "Unreal" series can really contest. [March 2005, p.122]
  3. What clever things Future Perfect does within its trek-across-the-time-continuum framework... It works in the only way it can: with a whole lot of humor. [April 2005, p.115]