9.4

1. Sep 8, 2010
    The best game in Time Splitters history
  2. Mar 26, 2011
    It's by far the best console shooter ever created, the single player is great, the story hilariously awesome. The multiplayer is fantastic, fun and never gets old. The weapons are all fun and balanced, And many of which are hilarious! there is a dart gun that makes people get fat until they explode. The BEST Part of the game is Co-op mode where your friend would play the companionIt's by far the best console shooter ever created, the single player is great, the story hilariously awesome. The multiplayer is fantastic, fun and never gets old. The weapons are all fun and balanced, And many of which are hilarious! there is a dart gun that makes people get fat until they explode. The BEST Part of the game is Co-op mode where your friend would play the companion character from each timeline and you would play the main character. If you want to play any game with your friend Co-op PLAY THIS GAME! It will make you laugh, it won't be boring, it has challenging missions. Above all it's a very very fun run and gun console FPS. the mapmaker is also the best mapmaker for any console game allowing you to build maps that look like it came from the game! there is 150 playable characters most of them are actually just separate skins from characters. the vehicles are rare and only on 1 or 2 maps but they are REALLY fun. Even if you are a PC only guy (i am) this is still a must have for classic home gaming. Expand
  3. Feb 5, 2012
    Absolutely THE BEST First Person Shooter imaginable for people that want to have a good time with friends. This game has it all, folks. TimeSplitters Future Perfect has an insane mapmaker with 50 slots for custom maps (and a way to trick the game to give you more), a great campaign, cool arcade modes, an endlessly fun multiplayer, and (my personal favorite part) a mind blowing soundtrack.Absolutely THE BEST First Person Shooter imaginable for people that want to have a good time with friends. This game has it all, folks. TimeSplitters Future Perfect has an insane mapmaker with 50 slots for custom maps (and a way to trick the game to give you more), a great campaign, cool arcade modes, an endlessly fun multiplayer, and (my personal favorite part) a mind blowing soundtrack. One of the best times you can have gaming with your friends is through this game. Expand
  4. Nov 21, 2010
    This game is fighting againts TimeSplitters 2 from the best video game ever made title. Sure this game has flaws like bad AI, it's easy and maps doesn't have any kinds of details. But when you start playing the game, you will forgive any flaws and you will have great time. Story mode is fun to play and you will return to play it gladly. Multiplayer is great, mapmaker is better than everThis game is fighting againts TimeSplitters 2 from the best video game ever made title. Sure this game has flaws like bad AI, it's easy and maps doesn't have any kinds of details. But when you start playing the game, you will forgive any flaws and you will have great time. Story mode is fun to play and you will return to play it gladly. Multiplayer is great, mapmaker is better than ever (Though you can play only with maximum of 8 players, because of a bug). If you find this game on any store, buy it! Expand
  5. Sep 9, 2013
    the best FPS i have ever played and will ever play. no nostalgia as well as every time i go back and play some couch co op with mates i still have a blast!
  6. May 26, 2013
    Probably the best FPS I've ever played. A awesome campaign full of memorable moments and cool supportive characters also co-op campaign A ton of challenges and arcade leagues. 150 characters to pick from in multiplayer. 10+ game modes and maps. Cool weapons. A well made OST. Profile stats in full detail. Mapmaker. It's just full with quality content. TS:FP is a great update from TS2. TheProbably the best FPS I've ever played. A awesome campaign full of memorable moments and cool supportive characters also co-op campaign A ton of challenges and arcade leagues. 150 characters to pick from in multiplayer. 10+ game modes and maps. Cool weapons. A well made OST. Profile stats in full detail. Mapmaker. It's just full with quality content. TS:FP is a great update from TS2. The only bad thing that I can come up with, is that I miss some TS2 maps. If you still have your PS2/XBOX/GCN, buy this gem.
    TimeSplitters:Future Perfect 10/10:OMG!!!
    Join a 100.000 strong for TimeSplitters!
  7. Oct 20, 2013
    I know technically this isn't the best game in the world, but it captures the essence of what makes a game great anyway. It's pure, unadultered fun, and even today I find myself returning to my PS2 and firing it up occasionally. I don't know if it's nostalgia since I was 19 when I played it for the first time, but with a few exceptions I loved every second of it and can't resist going backI know technically this isn't the best game in the world, but it captures the essence of what makes a game great anyway. It's pure, unadultered fun, and even today I find myself returning to my PS2 and firing it up occasionally. I don't know if it's nostalgia since I was 19 when I played it for the first time, but with a few exceptions I loved every second of it and can't resist going back to it again and again.

I have it for both GC and PS2. I first got it for GC, then got it for PS2 when my GC crapped the bed and I wanted to play Future Perfect. I would say the GC version looks slightly crisper, but the PS2 version is superior because of the larger music selection in Arcade (that matters a lot to me). Otherwise there is no real difference, especially today with the online servers gone from the PS2's shelf of advantages. Both the GC and PS2 controllers handle about the same for FPSes.

I'm a Timesplitters veteran. I've never owned TS1, but I logged 250 hours into the GC version of TS2, about 150 hours into the GC version of Future Perfect, and almost 100 hours into the PS2 version of Future Perfect.

My reception of FP may have been even better if I didn't have TS2 to compare. FP gets a lot of technical things right. The graphics are undeniably the best in the trilogy, from smooth animations to artistry to character detail and texture design. The music is arguably the best in the series as well, and that's remarkable considering the whole trilogy has a tragically underrated OST. Some of this music is fantastic and worthy of a strong story to accompany it.

Speaking of which, story has never been a strong point of the TimeSplitters trilogy, and in FP the attempt at a cohesive narrative is lame most of the time, and mouth-agape, face-palmingly stupid other times. There are nice moments in the dialogue and some of the characterization, but overall the narrative did nothing but make me wish Free Radical never even tried it. Two of the characters, one of which talks to Sgt. Cortez throughout the story through some crazy, reason and method the game never really explains, ruin any idea of a story I had about the TimeSplitters in my head. Make no mistake; this game pissed on my perception of the TimeSplitters as an alien race and features one of the worst main antagonists I've ever seen. I would have no problem with any future revival of the series discarding the story in FP as ludicrous hogwash and starting over with some of the same characters.

The shooting mechanics in FP have been fine-tuned and offer the best balance between precision and speed of any game in the trilogy. In TS2, the focus was on speed, and my accuracy in that game compared to FP reflects that. In Arcade, bots in TS2 can be very imbalanced, with the hardest bots being titans of gunplay and the easiest bots being nothing more than rag doll targets. In FP, greater balance is achieved, and unlike in TS2 when the hardest bots seemed invincible at times, the player(s) always feels like he can kill anyone in the match and come out on top.

That said, the near-impossible difficulty of TS2's Story mode on Hard is something I always treasured. It's much easier in FP. The balance is welcome in Arcade where you'll be spending most of your time anyway, but it's just another reason why FP's Story mode sucks.

Improper English is somehow a prevalent problem in the trilogy. If you're an English nerd like me, it'll certainly annoy you to have to read things like, "it's every freak for themselves" in a commercial video game.

What this game gets right, however, it really gets right. Multiplayer is outstanding. The stages are all awesome and quite varied. Character selection is massive and filled with a delightfully colorful cast, including zombies, robots, and four variations of monkey. It's all customizable too. Everything is up to you down to the smallest detail, like what weapons to use, what CPU bots are present, how good they are, and how many, what music plays in the background, whether you see the radar on the screen or not, whether or not health regenerates as you play, etc.

Lastly, there's the game's sense of humor, which is stellar when it isn't shoehorned into the context of a bad narrative. It's part of the reason why I keep going back. The game is pure fun in a way that transcends logical thought. That, to me, is why video games exist, and it's why this is one of my favorite games of all time. That many people don't even know of its existence is a travesty.
  8. Sep 14, 2013
    Quite possibly the best game in existence. An incredible and diverse range of activities, a quirky and humorous plot, addictive multiplayer and even a mapmaker are some of the many great things this incredible game offers. THIS is the game you're looking for. Get it now! Final Score: 9.8/10
  9. Sis
    Sep 20, 2013
    I think that this is the best FPS ever made. I love everything about this game; The story, the multiplayer, the challenges, the league matches, the characters, the weapons, the maps, the power ups, the settings. It's perfect. If you have a Ps2, Xbox or Gamecube, get this game NOW! I mean it! Go on Ebay right now and get yourself a copy, don't waste another second being on Metacritic, whenI think that this is the best FPS ever made. I love everything about this game; The story, the multiplayer, the challenges, the league matches, the characters, the weapons, the maps, the power ups, the settings. It's perfect. If you have a Ps2, Xbox or Gamecube, get this game NOW! I mean it! Go on Ebay right now and get yourself a copy, don't waste another second being on Metacritic, when you don't own this game! DO IT!!! Expand

1. What this game contains that is totally removed from everything else out there is a quirky, infectious, humorous character, one that seems to deeply reflect the personality of its makers. When you play it, you really sense a stamp of originality and zany flavor in its presentation and structure. [March 2005, p.48]
  2. Almost exactly what we wanted it to be. Story mode and single-player antics are diverting enough but the game excels in multiplayer, offering fast-paced thrills that only the highlights of the "Unreal" series can really contest. [March 2005, p.122]
  3. What clever things Future Perfect does within its trek-across-the-time-continuum framework... It works in the only way it can: with a whole lot of humor. [April 2005, p.115]