• Publisher: Crave
  • Release Date: Nov 18, 2003
9.1

1. JohnnieV.
    Dec 5, 2003
    Wut else can I say but wow, the cars looks real in the cars menu, and the Graphic looks nicer than Zero now, even though I just got this game for $19.00 it's tight and I be taking turn playing this and NFS underground everyday. I love racing games, can't wait for Grand Turismo 4
  2. NostS.
    Jan 25, 2004
    I cannot comprehend why all those magazine reviewers slam this game over, and over...complaining about it being 'old and rehashed' who cares, it's CHEAP. at least they only charge you a VERY LOW price for the game. it's true the the physics engine cannot compare to Gran Turismo, but compared with NFS:UG, it stacks up quite well, and in my opinion, far surpasses it.I cannot comprehend why all those magazine reviewers slam this game over, and over...complaining about it being 'old and rehashed' who cares, it's CHEAP. at least they only charge you a VERY LOW price for the game. it's true the the physics engine cannot compare to Gran Turismo, but compared with NFS:UG, it stacks up quite well, and in my opinion, far surpasses it. i'd rather play TXR3 over NFS:UG any given day, as TXR3 has a feel of authenticity to it...and NFS:UG reminds me too much of a crappy movie franchise which once featured an overly muscular bald guy piloting an RX-7(which was built by a Japanese fellow from SoCal). TXR3 gets a thumbs up from me...the reason i rated it with a 9 is because the soundtrack is lackluster. Expand
  3. Bluedream
    Jan 11, 2004
    The only racing game. i find it nice.
  4. idol
    Jan 22, 2004
    Cheap and bad azz.
  5. PaulC.
    Jan 25, 2004
    This game is more than exciting than need for speed underground. the way you race is so much better and you can emerse yourself in this racer world and customize way more cars so boo hoo to all you critics that think its not worth playing because its awesome.
    Mar 5, 2004
    They must be on crack, I like this game better then UG. More realistic, more customizations and settings, more cars. Im not trying to dawg UG it is a very good game, but its just sorda boring now after beating it 2 times and I had this game for a shorter time and enjoy it more the UG.
  7. MikeJ.
    Nov 21, 2003
    I've played this game on my visit to Japan and got a taste of it. Me and my friends spend all night playing this game, and chances are, we would have played till next year, if we never got tired. This game is awesome, and believe me, its the closest thing to racing in Japan on your couch.
  8. FranciscoS
    Nov 22, 2003
    I have not yet played NFS underground, but I don't think racing could get this fun to play! I'm into import cars and it's all there with all the mods you can think off, from hyper blue headlight, ground effects, spoilers, engine mods and swap, custom paint and decals, indiglow gauge, And I bought it at $19.95, I could not believe It, yeah this is a Racer fantasy.
  9. AlbertG.
    Nov 28, 2003
    Wow what can i say.... BEST GAME EVER!!!!
  10. NoNeed
    Dec 11, 2003
    I haven't even played it yet. I know its gona be great. I stressed over TXR0 and being so determined to beat it. Now I feel the ever so loving stress is back.
  11. ChrisM.
    Dec 11, 2003
    Better than the last, This game is so much better thqan the last, I think the new highways and the new cars are the best!!!......
  12. K.Chizao
    Jan 17, 2004
    Good Game For the play Great Game For The Price...TXR 3 is the best out of the pac..and i enjoy playing it a lot.
  13. JoelC.
    Feb 21, 2004
    Its such a realistic game. people who are into cars might not like it due to the high level of tuning that has to be done to the cars, but thats what makes it a great game. NFSU cars are all fast and you win no matter what. In TXR3 you actually have to set up the car to perform the way yo want it. The controls take a while to get used to but just perfect besides that,and I am a true car Its such a realistic game. people who are into cars might not like it due to the high level of tuning that has to be done to the cars, but thats what makes it a great game. NFSU cars are all fast and you win no matter what. In TXR3 you actually have to set up the car to perform the way yo want it. The controls take a while to get used to but just perfect besides that,and I am a true car enthusiast. If your really into street racing then this is a must have. (dont listen to the rest of the guys they dont know) Expand
  14. AnonymousMC
    Mar 27, 2009
    This game was first i eva had and OMG i ws surprised by the detail of the car tuning and settings. if your a major gear head lik me then you will like this game. the customization is unbeilivable as well. the price and the quaility maybe a little bit low by its alota bang for your buck if your into cars. give it ashot you might like it as much as me lol
  15. RyanG.
    Dec 31, 2003
    Ive been a fan of this series since the day i imported an obscure japanese game called shutoku battle 2 for dreamcast. The japanese version of tokyo extreme racer 2. There is just something about trying to accumulate as many wins as you can in order to have enough CP to purchase the high powered engine, then taking your car out for a spin for the first time with it installed, glowing with Ive been a fan of this series since the day i imported an obscure japanese game called shutoku battle 2 for dreamcast. The japanese version of tokyo extreme racer 2. There is just something about trying to accumulate as many wins as you can in order to have enough CP to purchase the high powered engine, then taking your car out for a spin for the first time with it installed, glowing with joy as you smoke competitors that you previously could not beat with the old part you had. The customizing is the game. The only thing this series has been missing is an online mode. How cool would it be to be able to race against other players custom cars and see who has the best cars and what not? I think NFS underground has this feature which is why i plan to check that out as well. But ill always hold a special place in my heart for this game.. Expand
  16. K.C.
    Jan 24, 2004
    I dont kno y so many people aint feelin dis game... NFSU is only good for multi players, buh TXR 3 is more in depth, letting me take more control of my car's performance. i have been and always be true to the TXR games... peace.

1. Next to "Midnight Club 2," TRX3 looks dated and downright boring. [Jan 2004, p.48]
  2. All the features added to Genki's long running game of after-dark street racing are cursory at best and cosmetic at worst. [Jan 2004, p.130]
  3. This is the best yet in the series. The addition of licensed cars, more rivals and highways, and a few new gameplay twists make this one fine racer.