8.3

1. Shawn
    Dec 1, 2002
    Before this i didnt think activision and neversoft could get any better but they have taken skateboarding games to a whole new level with this the greatest installment in the tony hawk pro skater series.
  2. NickI.
    Mar 4, 2003
    This game is too good to be true, the fact there is no time limit is soo sweet!
  3. TBoy
    Oct 25, 2002
    So much better than THPS3! The gameplay will allow for much more use out of the game.
  4. EdZT
    Feb 14, 2003
    This game is the besssssssssst!!!!!!!!
  5. DavidS.
    Apr 29, 2004
    Its Rocks!!! I love this game...!
  6. CoryK.
    May 2, 2005
    This game is the best TH game ever. There is so much to do and the addition of talking to people to get objectives is cool. The gameplay has kept evolving and this is the end product of 4 years of improvement.
  7. AmandaN.
    Nov 3, 2002
    This is way better than any of the other tony hawk pro skater games. way bigger, plenty more to do, and more challenging.
  8. ZiggyStardust
    Nov 7, 2002
    Another great sequel for a quickly evolving series. They've added the spine transfer which allows ya to line up with where you're about to land once airbourne. The career mode is now much more challenging, and longer (190 goals). It's also open ended. The career mode isn't limited to 2 minute bursts like before. It's surprisingly much more enjoyable this way. Another great sequel for a quickly evolving series. They've added the spine transfer which allows ya to line up with where you're about to land once airbourne. The career mode is now much more challenging, and longer (190 goals). It's also open ended. The career mode isn't limited to 2 minute bursts like before. It's surprisingly much more enjoyable this way. Levels are also a little more realistic this time around. On the negative side of things, a couple of the goals where Tony gets to take a break from skating (tennis and dodge monkey poo) have unbelievably bad animation. Going from great next gen graphics, to completely horrendous is a little shocking. Thankfully, the bad animation is only there for 2 of the 190 goals, so it's a pretty minor. A great game! Expand
  9. NaveedD.
    Oct 18, 2002
    This game is great, its much better than TPS3 and more levels, plus the levels are much bigger! A+++
  10. MattG.
    Apr 2, 2003
    This game is awesome. Try using the Moon Gravity cheat, Matrix mode, and Cool specials all at the same time. I've gotten 50 million points in one combo using the quarter pipes between the huge barge containers in the Shipyard.
  11. AndrewM.
    Jul 15, 2004
    The best skating game EVER to be made on Earth.
  12. DavidM.
    Nov 29, 2002
    Man does this ever rule! The graphics are awesome, in practice you skate in the pipe that the characters skate in, the levels are about 100 times bigger, and the bail realisticness has been revamped. SO AWESOME, DUDE!!!!!!
  13. GeneR.
    Dec 16, 2002
    This is one of the best games out. It has a great replay value and is much harder than the last THPS2. I u don't like it u suck.
  14. JohnS.
    Oct 23, 2002
    The game thps4 is the best game i ever played.the graphic is better,the levels and the players! i say that its just the best!!!!
  15. Matt
    Feb 18, 2003
    This game rocks! If u don't have this THEN GET IT! dude u can play online and make an crated skater and it has alsume graphics! So go to thew nearest Walmart or K-Mart or an electronic store and buy this game just think every second u r sitting at your house doing nuthing u could be haveing the time of your life playing Tony hawk Pro Skater 4.
  16. DabomB.
    May 15, 2003
    This game is the best!!! Great graphics, well thought out, huge levels, great cheats, and kickass tricks!! anyone who rated this game under a seven can just go to hell!
  17. LividFiction
    Nov 26, 2006
    Whenever I think of skateboarding games, my mind immediately jumps to THPS4
  18. Oct 19, 2011
    My favourite skating game of all time, sandbox-style levels with quests from npcs, and rpg levelling of stats and tricks, the game design is awesome and the soundtrack is perfect, a perfect embodiment of the world of skateboarding at the time.

I could spend all day just free skating the levels.
  19. Nov 25, 2011
    I've got one word for this game: Outstanding. Even more is packed into this game with over 100 hours of challenges and secrets to uncover as well as a slew of things to do, including free skating, timed high score runs, and Career Mode. A masterpiece of gaming, for sure.
  20. AndrewC.
    Dec 30, 2002
    THIS GAME IS GREAT. However, the controls can be a smidge choppy. This and only this costs the game a perfect 10.
  21. AdamJ.
    Nov 1, 2002
    Gettin rid of the times is the best thing since they introduced the manual! And Tom I, yes they are all the same BUT they are absolute masterpieces of programming
  22. BobG.
    Apr 24, 2003
    thps 1 2 and 3 are totally nothing if we compare with this faboulous game!
  23. Apr 26, 2011
    9/10 = Amazing = Extremely well designed, very challenging, and very fun. Great sports game.
  24. Aug 29, 2013
    One of my most cherished PS2 games. The free-skating, varied missions, huge levels that encouraged exploration it all adds up to a very solid title that pushed the series into a fresh direction while retaining and refining what made the earlier releases so great. A lot of people prefer 3 but I personally think this is the best of the first 4 Tony Hawk games.
  25. Feb 21, 2015
    Some goals very difficult to complete without cheats. Like snake pylon run in kona cannot be done without 'slomo'' cheat as well as 'misty flip' hut gap goal. collect the rivets in shipyard, 'slomo' Some goals require looking up on net to get info to complete-developers were not clear in details, how to's or hints. Many 'reverts' required to complete landings without bailing. The gameSome goals very difficult to complete without cheats. Like snake pylon run in kona cannot be done without 'slomo'' cheat as well as 'misty flip' hut gap goal. collect the rivets in shipyard, 'slomo' Some goals require looking up on net to get info to complete-developers were not clear in details, how to's or hints. Many 'reverts' required to complete landings without bailing. The game has a tendency to lose speed in the beginning stages as this is felt by play player going up half pipes,etc. Many 'pro challenge' goals require 'slomo' to complete. Graphics are good for this old of a game. Some goals brainy, others stupid. However I would rate this a 7 Expand
  26. May 25, 2015
    Great game. In fact, one of the best. Take on challenges, explore awesome environments, and play as your favorite skaters, or create one. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 is a fun, and entirely fulfilling video game for both gamers and skaters.
  27. wnutter
    Jan 18, 2003
    This is one of the best skateboarding games out . The difference that tony hawks pro skater 4 has from the other 3 is that u can take your time to go artound the levels and fint out secret places with out having to go on free skate . the people have arrows over their head like mat hoff man pro bmx it makes the game play much easier. you can do flat land tricks , when u grind u can changeThis is one of the best skateboarding games out . The difference that tony hawks pro skater 4 has from the other 3 is that u can take your time to go artound the levels and fint out secret places with out having to go on free skate . the people have arrows over their head like mat hoff man pro bmx it makes the game play much easier. you can do flat land tricks , when u grind u can change the grind with out jumping , and diferent lip tricks. the bad thing about this game is that it has some terrible little games u can do like dodge monkey crap and bet on slappers. i gave this game a score of 8.( glitch in the game if u have unlocked a pro trick object do a lip trick on it then remove the object u will b stuck in the air) Expand
  28. DavidC.
    Jul 2, 2006
    I have to say I was reluctant to buy the game due to it being the same format as TH1, 2 and 3. Although it is not the best TH game on the shelves i have to say it impressed me!
  29. AndyS.
    Dec 29, 2004
    I'm not to fond of skateboarding games, I'd rather get out there and do it my self. When I do play though this would be a good choice. It's online and has not too many flaws, but I'd rather lpay somthing with a background story about more than a guy's carrer. (No affence Tony!) Try simpsons skatboarding or something really playable.
  30. TomI.
    Oct 15, 2002
    For Godssake another Tony Hawks. They're all the bleedin same!!!!!
  31. AndrewS.
    Feb 21, 2003
    I think this game is absolutley lame. Tony Hawk pro skater 3 is a million times better. I don't know what they were thinking when they made this game.
  32. Someidiot
    Mar 9, 2005
    Are you even joking?? i'm not sure where to start on why this doesn't deserve a 95% average, so i won't bother. i will say that it is basically the same game that came out on the PS1 about 8 years ago, with a bit more novelty crap added on, it aint bad but its all a bit pointless really.

Featuring a lovely variety of online-multiplayer games based on the best trick system in gaming, THPS4 is terribly addictive and ridiculously fun.
  2. The total package is a much bigger leap forward than "Hawk 3" in almost every way. [Holiday 2002, p.42]
  3. Even if you aren't interested in the online portion, Activision and Neversoft have still nailed down another extremely solid sequel to the Tony Hawk franchise.