Tony Hawk's Underground PlayStation 2

8.7

1. jackm
    Jun 3, 2004
    OMG ermmmm can sum one pleez tell me wot dis lame piece of a cr@p is meant 2 b? graphics look like theyve been chucked 2 gether by a 3 year old, and sum of da trix r retarded like da one where u do a manual wit 2 boards???? im sorry but where da hell does does da other board come from??? AND there is no change wat so ever 2 da other tony hawks, truely dissapointing
  2. MisterEff
    Dec 12, 2003
    Come on. It didn't have the THPS magic. I finished this once and had no feeling of wanting to play it ever again. I picked up THPS4 again instead, it doesn't have the uber gay "edgy, urban" storyline, the detestable "Eric" character, or the challenges which, well, DON'T challenge me at all.

#21 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003

1. While the classic Tony Hawk gameplay is present, and still fantastic after all this time, the new story mode doesn't make as dramatic of a change as it probably could have.
  2. As utterly addictive as any of the earlier titles, you'll gladly pay for the privilege of being left with red-raw thumbs and rigid, claw-like hands.
  3. games(TM)
    Year on year, the main modes in the THPS games have moved further away from traditional over-the-top skating to encompass more and more 'crazy' goals, something we're not entirely sure we approve of. One thing we are sure of, though, is that the core skating engine makes for by far the best extreme sports game of this generation. [Christmas 2003, p.98]