8.7

1. Nov 25, 2011
    A change of breed doesn't do anything to this game but make it awesome! An extremely revamped Create-A mode setup is shown here, with the Create-A-Park mode in this game probably the best part about it. The story is no good, but the Career Mode itself is pretty magnificent. An extremely addictive game in the series, and an instant recommendation to anybody anywhere!!
  2. Apr 27, 2011
    9.5/10 = Incredible = The last great Tony Hawk game ever made. This game is addictive and a blast to play. It's new features allow for unlimited amounts of replay value. I loved creating new missions and levels!!
  3. jackm
    Jun 3, 2004
    OMG ermmmm can sum one pleez tell me wot dis lame piece of a cr@p is meant 2 b? graphics look like theyve been chucked 2 gether by a 3 year old, and sum of da trix r retarded like da one where u do a manual wit 2 boards???? im sorry but where da hell does does da other board come from??? AND there is no change wat so ever 2 da other tony hawks, truely dissapointing
  4. JasonW.
    Nov 3, 2003
    I like how you can get onto houses it is really fun.
  5. JohnD.
    Nov 17, 2007
    Very weak in my oppinion. The story was ok byt at this point Tony Hawk's just had lost "IT." I'd rather but THPS2 again and again.
  6. MisterEff
    Dec 12, 2003
    Come on. It didn't have the THPS magic. I finished this once and had no feeling of wanting to play it ever again. I picked up THPS4 again instead, it doesn't have the uber gay "edgy, urban" storyline, the detestable "Eric" character, or the challenges which, well, DON'T challenge me at all.
  7. ZackM.
    Jan 9, 2004
    This game is cool! Go thourgh levels like Hawaii, Moscow, New Jersey, Tampa,Vancouver and more! You can also unlock secret charters and levels, and you can make a trick, park, skater, and deck. It's fun! I give it a 9.7!
  8. MakeANOTHERTHRASHER!
    Jul 6, 2004
    Good music,good tricks, GREAT SKATERS! but not quite the "Thrasher" i was looking for. Rockstar get out there and Make a "THRASHER 2" and give the kids a game which is all skateboarding with the THUG spirit.
  9. ChrisM.
    Oct 30, 2003
    The game is totally awsome and everyone should have it cause the customization and everything to do with this game just is so awsome!!! Be sure to get the broadband adaptor and play on-line to get totally into the game.
  10. BrianS.
    Nov 10, 2003
    Tony Hawk Underground is a major breakthrough!
  11. DanielR.
    Nov 3, 2003
    i think this is the best tony hawk game ever. i like how it has story mode. where you begin as a amateur to become a pro.
  12. SeanC.
    This game is the bomb.
  13. TonyHawk
    Oct 27, 2003
    It rocks.dude!!!
  14. GarretS.
    Oct 30, 2003
    This game rules, I got it pre ordered and stayed up all night and beat the entire game in about 12 hours, I finished at about 5 in the morning. It rules.
  15. BonehoChane
    Jan 3, 2004
    By far, this is greatest skateboarding title ever. All of these ideas put together into one game will impress just about everyone. Get off your board, drive cars, a storyline, create your tricks, and put your face into the game. It's still almost impossible to imagin what Neversoft will do next. This game is also the most detailed game I have seen so far. Every where you look you can By far, this is greatest skateboarding title ever. All of these ideas put together into one game will impress just about everyone. Get off your board, drive cars, a storyline, create your tricks, and put your face into the game. It's still almost impossible to imagin what Neversoft will do next. This game is also the most detailed game I have seen so far. Every where you look you can find some some details you have noticed before. This game also has the best level design in the series. Never before have I been able to pull off so many huge combos in the series, mainly because of the layout of the level. Trust me, pick up this game. Expand
  16. AndrewH.
    Feb 6, 2004
    An extremley hilarious story mode, and fun online play make this the best Tony Hawk Game ever to be released. Also creating your own tricks and parks is where it's at.
  17. Sophie
    Aug 15, 2007
    Awesome fun, especially with friends!
  18. AdrianR.
    Nov 11, 2003
    I'm glad that they have finally made tony hawk a hard motherf***er.
  19. ChadE.
    Nov 1, 2003
    This game is f**king awesome; my credits to the all the designers.
  20. NickI.
    Nov 3, 2003
    F*ckin A man. i have all the thps games and im damn proud of them. they are the best ps2 games created in my opinion, mostly because i skate, and this is the best of all of them. dont be like 'oohh but thps2 is claaaassic and pop culture tells me to love the classics!' no. this is beast. long live thps!!!!!!!!!!(or thug)
  21. DaneM.
    Nov 5, 2003
    This game rocks. it is better then all the others. the story mode is great. and the tricks are a good improvement.
  22. AustinD.
    Nov 6, 2003
    This game is the best. I approve.
  23. JoshuaD.
    This game is hot.
  24. StephenG.
    Oct 22, 2003
    Totally and utterly awesome!!!!!
  25. RyuhakashinZ.
    Dec 5, 2003
    I thought it was a pretty cool feature being able to get off and on your board, but you should be able to wear pantyhose and hump poles and eat cocaine and smoke some crack and swallow weed.
  26. SeanM.
    Oct 27, 2003
    Greatest game ever made period!!!!!! The gameplay is flawless and if you like Tony Hawk Pro Skater games and you should, this one will blow you away to a whole new level of gameplay never before experienced in the series. The game is worth every minute and should be at least considered by everybody as an essential title to every video game library.
  27. JohnM.
    Dec 7, 2003
    The BOMB baby.
  28. THUGROCKS!
    Oct 29, 2003
    This is the best Tony Hawk game ever! I love it! (and the free shirt I got for pr-ordering it) :D
  29. KralinB.
    Feb 15, 2004
    The Fifth game in the Tony Hawk series is better than ever with thrilling levels, graphics, and a bit of humor too. This time, you don't just go around and do stupid goals that mean nothing. This time, your the star- going from an unknown local skater in Jersey to becoming a very-known Pro. The fact that you can make the skater look like you is sick too. I say it's one of the The Fifth game in the Tony Hawk series is better than ever with thrilling levels, graphics, and a bit of humor too. This time, you don't just go around and do stupid goals that mean nothing. This time, your the star- going from an unknown local skater in Jersey to becoming a very-known Pro. The fact that you can make the skater look like you is sick too. I say it's one of the best games ever made. THUG rocks! Expand
  30. JacobK.
    Aug 19, 2004
    Freakin' KEWL!!!
  31. GeorgeG.
    Sep 25, 2005
    Good for a while but does get samely and boring after a bit.
  32. JakeG.
    Jul 24, 2006
    This is a great game. Good story line and nice features. The goals are thought out. Theres so much to do so you won't finish this game in a day.
  33. WayneH.
    Nov 1, 2003
    ROCKS.
  34. MattM.
    Nov 10, 2003
    Damn this game kicks some serious ass.
  35. SandervanM.
    Nov 13, 2003
    I think it is the best skate game ever made!
  36. JordanG.
    Nov 30, 2003
    The story mode is what made this game the best of the tonyhawk games(so far). I really like how its a regular kid from the ghetto who is one of the best skaters. Thats how it really is!
  37. MarcD.
    Nov 4, 2003
    It rocks so much i'm going to die!!!
  38. AdamB.
    Nov 6, 2003
    While a noteworthy single player game, the online matches are much too unreliable, like in Tony Hawk 3. I'm not sure what they changed between THPS4 and THUG, but you can really feel the jitter of poor connections. Also, the face mapping feature is inspired but implemented fairly poorly, with no way of knowing exactly how an uploaded picture will look when downloaded to game. A While a noteworthy single player game, the online matches are much too unreliable, like in Tony Hawk 3. I'm not sure what they changed between THPS4 and THUG, but you can really feel the jitter of poor connections. Also, the face mapping feature is inspired but implemented fairly poorly, with no way of knowing exactly how an uploaded picture will look when downloaded to game. A preview feature would have been nice. Despite these online downsides, it remains a solid, entertaining game. Expand
  39. PhilipR.
    Nov 7, 2003
    Can you say: "Boo-yeah!"? I knew you could.
    Nov 11, 2003
    I just cant put it into words.
  41. PatrickH.
    Nov 14, 2003
    Best Sports game with lots of goals and you can make your board, level, you and tricks well done neversoft.
  42. LividFiction
    Nov 26, 2006
    I had extremely high hopes for THUG prior to its release and my playing it. When I finally did get my hands on it, I felt as if all my hopes had been met, surpassed, and put in a bubble and launched into space. There soon appeared a horrible problem with the game, however: It had zero replay value. The story is a novelty that loses its appeal after the first time through, and the ability I had extremely high hopes for THUG prior to its release and my playing it. When I finally did get my hands on it, I felt as if all my hopes had been met, surpassed, and put in a bubble and launched into space. There soon appeared a horrible problem with the game, however: It had zero replay value. The story is a novelty that loses its appeal after the first time through, and the ability to walk around the levels certainly cannot make up for lost replay value. Expand
  43. Sep 18, 2011
    This game is at the same time of the first games I've ever owned myself, and also one of the best games I've ever played! I have just positive things to say about this game: A great storyline, good graphics (for a game made in 2003) and lots of unique tricks! Another big plus is that you can now edit your skater, deck, parks and even your own tricks! If you like Skate games then this is aThis game is at the same time of the first games I've ever owned myself, and also one of the best games I've ever played! I have just positive things to say about this game: A great storyline, good graphics (for a game made in 2003) and lots of unique tricks! Another big plus is that you can now edit your skater, deck, parks and even your own tricks! If you like Skate games then this is a game you should definitely get. Collapse
  44. Oct 3, 2013
    While not my favorite game of the series, Tony Hawk's Underground is one of my favorite games of all time, and one I will be playing again and again. I love the game so much I don't even pay attention to the flaws.
  45. Oct 21, 2013
    Tony Hawk games were always great......for the most part. Tony Hawk's Underground is an example of a great game. This "part" of the series was very revolutionary, this was the first Tony Hawk game with a storyline, you and your friend Eric Sparrow want to become the greatest skater in the world. The game wasn't too long, if you "pro" in TH games you can do it in 6-5 hours. There was someTony Hawk games were always great......for the most part. Tony Hawk's Underground is an example of a great game. This "part" of the series was very revolutionary, this was the first Tony Hawk game with a storyline, you and your friend Eric Sparrow want to become the greatest skater in the world. The game wasn't too long, if you "pro" in TH games you can do it in 6-5 hours. There was some change in the gameplay, now you can get off your board, this function made it easier to reach pepole with goals, higher places, also now you can drive cars, this function is worked horrible. The level design was great, and the Create-a- is expanded, now you can create your own deck, and the Park creator was less frustrating. If you completed the game once in beginner difficulty you've unlocked one of the most epic characters in a Tony Hawk game: Iron Man, also you can go to a KISS concert level. You can get many,many secrets, for example the Hangar level from THPS2. The controls and the graphics in this game was awesome at the time. Oh, I almost forgot to mention the soundtrack, oh my God the soundtrack;Busdriver,Supernatural,Alkaine Trio,Angry Amputees,Bad Religion.
    Many pepole said that after Underground the Tony Hawk games was not the same, and I kind of agree with them. Overall this game wasn't bad as it's sequel, the story and the gameplay was great, and the soundtrack is good too also the graphics were great, I've played this game many,many times. Good luck, have fun
  46. Jan 9, 2015
    The best game in the series. This game was the first in the series to have a story mode and have the ability to edit almost anything in the game along with driving and have the ability to walk, the driving is not the best but the walking really helps to get you on buildings and save your combos and the story mode tells a really good story, the levels are fun and the soundtrack has 78The best game in the series. This game was the first in the series to have a story mode and have the ability to edit almost anything in the game along with driving and have the ability to walk, the driving is not the best but the walking really helps to get you on buildings and save your combos and the story mode tells a really good story, the levels are fun and the soundtrack has 78 songs filled with Hip Hop, Punk, and Rock which is filled with a lot of good songs. Overall this game is addicting and will keep you busy for hours. Expand
  47. Sep 18, 2011

1. While the classic Tony Hawk gameplay is present, and still fantastic after all this time, the new story mode doesn't make as dramatic of a change as it probably could have.
  2. As utterly addictive as any of the earlier titles, you'll gladly pay for the privilege of being left with red-raw thumbs and rigid, claw-like hands.
  3. Year on year, the main modes in the THPS games have moved further away from traditional over-the-top skating to encompass more and more 'crazy' goals, something we're not entirely sure we approve of. One thing we are sure of, though, is that the core skating engine makes for by far the best extreme sports game of this generation. [Christmas 2003, p.98]