• Publisher: Atari
  • Release Date: May 11, 2004
8.6

1. MarcW.
    May 13, 2004
    I love the Transformers franchise and this isn't a bad attempt to do my favourite cartoon of all time justice. It isn't bad...but I would have preferred a game based on the original tv series. Hopefully, the next game will be based on Gen 1.
  2. BlueFalcon
    Nov 8, 2007
    The graphics and production are top notch. But I got bored and currently have no desire to play it again. The gameplay is shallow, and uninteresting. The whole 'minicon' idea didn't feel right to me. You have to collect tiny transformers (minicons), to give yourself special abilities. The game would be more enjoyable if it was based on the old tv show. The quality isThe graphics and production are top notch. But I got bored and currently have no desire to play it again. The gameplay is shallow, and uninteresting. The whole 'minicon' idea didn't feel right to me. You have to collect tiny transformers (minicons), to give yourself special abilities. The game would be more enjoyable if it was based on the old tv show. The quality is definately here, but I regret picking it up. Expand

#78 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#38 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. A bit of affection for the characters certainly helps, and being at least a little entertained by the idea of robots turning into cars is almost a requirement. It's too bad the option isn't there to go online and duke it out with other players and their Minibot-enhanced Autobots or Decepticons.
    However dumb, simple, and to the point it may be, Transformers offers serious, valid reasons to warrant play: The game is fun. The game is pretty. The game is polished. The game offers plenty of extras as enticements.
  3. This title has plenty of flaws, but the main issue is that it's simply too typical and too clunky. [June 2004, p.128]