8.7

1. Aug 27, 2017
    This game is completely embarrassingly awful, The maps are literally palette swaps, with different weather effects, there is no map design, there is no distinct differences in races/species. And the weapons are uninspired and boring. The only thing interesting in this game, was that there was a bot named pepe, thats about it.
  2. B@!T
    Jul 27, 2006
    Seems good if you communicate via PC while you play, but as soon as you play tribes 2, you see what a waste of time this actually is. With packs, weapons, maps, and features stripped off of the PS2 version, you get an experience that is just a taste of the complexity that is this game's only strong point. The one thing this game adds that Tribes 2 doesn't have is autoaim. HopeSeems good if you communicate via PC while you play, but as soon as you play tribes 2, you see what a waste of time this actually is. With packs, weapons, maps, and features stripped off of the PS2 version, you get an experience that is just a taste of the complexity that is this game's only strong point. The one thing this game adds that Tribes 2 doesn't have is autoaim. Hope you like it, because there is a lot of it. Completely devoid of a real singleplayer experience, and with the online community getting smaller and smaller, this game is no longer worth picking up, even from the bargain bin. Collapse
  3. BobbyB.
    Nov 15, 2004
    It is awesome!!!! Like halo but with jetpack, more weapons, more vehicles, more packs, and more options! With great graphics this game passes with flying colors!!!!!
  4. RyanJ.
    Aug 8, 2003
    Woo Hoo! This game rocks!
  5. SlutPuppy
    Aug 8, 2003
    This game is awesome, single player botmatch and campaign are so-so, but online multiplayer is great.
  6. SimonC.
    Jun 3, 2003
    Dont listen to jerks like Dally this will be the best game you EVER buy in your life THIS IS THE MEANING OF LIFE!!!
  7. KyleP.
    Feb 25, 2003
    This game is beef. And lots of fun!!
  8. TonyB.
    Feb 24, 2003
    The online has such potential... lack of communication with teammates and more importantly - no map or tactical display means you have no idea where you (or your enemies) are. Respwn in their midst & your dead. Happens so frequently it makes it very frustrating.
  9. BenD.
    Feb 11, 2003
    I have rather enjoyed my experience with Tribes AA. I have played many FPS for PS2 and feel that Tribes AA meets or exceeds (in some respects) any of the multiplayer features of any of the other games. The promoted teamwork and vast environments make strategy the key. The offline one player campaign is pretty good, but there are other games with better one player campaigns. The key to I have rather enjoyed my experience with Tribes AA. I have played many FPS for PS2 and feel that Tribes AA meets or exceeds (in some respects) any of the multiplayer features of any of the other games. The promoted teamwork and vast environments make strategy the key. The offline one player campaign is pretty good, but there are other games with better one player campaigns. The key to this game is the multiplayer game play (offline or online). Other games feature multiplayer play as an add-on, where Tribes AA features it. I have always enjoyed taking on the world with a friend or two and I was not disappointed when I checked out Tribes AA. The online capabilities definitely keep the game interesting and increase the overall longevity of the game. All in all, if you are a fan of other strong FPS multiplayer games (i.e. TimeSplitters 2, Red Faction II, Socom-online, Unreal Tournament, Quake III) this is a must game to have. See you on the battle field! Expand
  10. A.J.
    Dec 27, 2002
    I think people are giving this game a little too much credit. It is original in it's play and has some neat twists, but in the one player mode it can become repetitive and stale quickly. Multi player on the other hand IS fun, but if you play 1P most ot the time you will loose interest in a couple of weeks. Good, but not the best in the genre.
  11. BruceH.
    Dec 21, 2002
    This game kicks ass...(i expect to own you all >:) )
  12. JonathanJ.
    Dec 2, 2002
    I haven't really played this game, but I've played on the PC and I'm sure it'll be just as fun! ;)
  13. Tobor7
    Nov 19, 2002
    I just started playing this one but I think its a solid effort and its great online. The graphics are crisp and battles become intense. I even found the level layout interesting, sometimes using the large levels to plan a little strategy. While it would be more fun to communicate with others - its not really necessary. Team play comes out of the familiarity with the game. Definitely I just started playing this one but I think its a solid effort and its great online. The graphics are crisp and battles become intense. I even found the level layout interesting, sometimes using the large levels to plan a little strategy. While it would be more fun to communicate with others - its not really necessary. Team play comes out of the familiarity with the game. Definitely worthy of purchase. Expand
  14. ChrisD.
    Nov 13, 2002
    This game is one of the best ever. People have to look past all the little details that everyone criticises it for. This game is fun.
  15. Dally
    Nov 6, 2002
    Get Tribes for pc your bums.
  16. ZacharyH.
    Nov 5, 2002
    This game is great, and it is well worth its money. Even if you have no Network Adaptor, its Single Player Campaign and Bot battles are fun. I recommend this game to everyone.
  17. MusashiR.
    Oct 2, 2002
    Great gameplay... too bad there's no communication :(
  18. SupaFlex
    Oct 2, 2002
    The gameplay is incredible, but communication is missing... we can live with that.
    Sep 28, 2002
    Complete waste of time!

#35 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#65 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

1. With imbalanced AI in the single player mode and elimination of much needed communication from the online version, more and more console gamers might track down the PC version to see what they’ve been missing.
  2. netjak
    A great game for the beginners to start out with, however I can’t really suggest to purchase the game unless you’re a fan of the run n’ gun type games.
  3. With huge levels, good game modes (Capture the Flag, Capture and Hold, Team Deathmatch and regular Deathmatch) and the speedy jet air packs, Tribes: Aerial Assault is the kind of online game I've been waiting for.