7.8

1. Aug 4, 2014
    I enjoyed the game. The Combat was great, and the street crimes were good The map really captured Manhattan. Even though they didn't put the other boroughs, activition got it down right. However the game had so many errors, and game breaking glitches I stop playing it. The storyline was mediocre. I know the game had a lot stuff to do, and buy. But the glitches really **** it up. TheI enjoyed the game. The Combat was great, and the street crimes were good The map really captured Manhattan. Even though they didn't put the other boroughs, activition got it down right. However the game had so many errors, and game breaking glitches I stop playing it. The storyline was mediocre. I know the game had a lot stuff to do, and buy. But the glitches really **** it up. The physics are very bad too. Even though it has more interactions, it's not better than TCSLA. Expand
  2. Apr 9, 2013
    I really don't see why the critics aren't on board with this game. It's fun. I could do the side missions for hours and I wouldn't be bored for one minute. The story ain't all that great, but the gameplay makes up for it
  3. May 31, 2011
    I actually enjoyed True Crime: New York City. Sure, the physics were laughably fake, and the storyline was terrible, and for some reason Ford Crown Victorias spawned more often than every other car combined, but the game was fun and addicting. A wide variety of vehicles, weapons and fighting styles were available, and all of them were fun to use. It has it's glitches, and gets frustratingI actually enjoyed True Crime: New York City. Sure, the physics were laughably fake, and the storyline was terrible, and for some reason Ford Crown Victorias spawned more often than every other car combined, but the game was fun and addicting. A wide variety of vehicles, weapons and fighting styles were available, and all of them were fun to use. It has it's glitches, and gets frustrating and boring, but TCNYC can be fun once you get past the initial frustrations. Expand
  4. jimG
    Oct 27, 2007
    The game is not as bad a s the critics say. The story is a bit cliche'd but functional. The animations can be glitchy and driving is no treat but the music an dactivities make up for the demerits, plus there's this awesome city they built called 'New York' that, while not true to the actual place does it enough justice to make yo want to visit at least once.
  5. AndyM.
    Sep 27, 2006
    Very fun but a little short. Shouldn't take too long to beat.
  6. RandyM.
    Aug 24, 2006
    I loved the gameplay. Being a cop (dirty or good) was a load of fun, fun that is utterly destroyed by the freezes, glitches, and bugs. It seems the developer didn't even finish the game. You better avoid this one.
  7. HarryB.
    Aug 16, 2006
    It makes the real new york look bad!The best game i have ever played.I think its better than GTA San Andreas,because,well you can not go into every shop on GTA, but on True Crime NYC you can!
  8. DavidG.
    Jul 2, 2006
    A really fun game! It only freezed up once on my XBOX and I have had lots of fun! The mental ward mission was really spooky! I reccomend this game!
  9. Tony
    Feb 18, 2006
    I think most of the magazine/internet reviews have been too harsh. The game does have its glitches, but overall it's very fun!
  10. BenN.
    Dec 29, 2005
    Solid game, and really fun. The mental ward mission is quality. but the whole game is full of bugs. worth getting though.
  11. BryanR.
    Dec 20, 2005
    love the gameplay but hate it when it freezes up....i thought it was just my ps2 but seeing that the reviews all over the internet says that i know that this game couldve used some work....
  12. Zeke
    Dec 20, 2005
    this is a great game and offers free roaming gameplay. You can buy weapons, cars, fighting moves, music, clothes, food, you can even sell collected evidence in pawn shops. the game does tend to freeze or muck up. I advise people to buy this game!
  13. OliverR.
    Dec 3, 2005
    Great game.Worth getting.The first one was good but this one can beat it a lot.Im a gran theft auto fan rely but i do enjoy the true crimes.
  14. DanielJ.
    Dec 1, 2005
    it was great from the handling to the shoot out with gangs, tourist, cops, the fighting leauge and races.

If framerate problems doesn't annoy you, then the stupidity of the A.I. may force you to say, "that sh*t is wow, bananas." Enemies are stricken by stupidity, as they'll simply stand there and allow you shoot the living daylights out of them.
  2. The gritty story, varied side missions, and jittery subway rides create the type of seedy environment that's perfect for attracting tourists, gamers, and criminals alike.
    Does a whole lot of things right, but it doesn't take very many risks. What this means is that it's a solid title through and through, but you won't find a whole lot of water cooler moments in there.