True Crime: New York City PlayStation 2

7.8

1. Apr 9, 2013
    I really don't see why the critics aren't on board with this game. It's fun. I could do the side missions for hours and I wouldn't be bored for one minute. The story ain't all that great, but the gameplay makes up for it
  2. DavidG.
    Jul 2, 2006
    A really fun game! It only freezed up once on my XBOX and I have had lots of fun! The mental ward mission was really spooky! I reccomend this game!
  3. OliverR.
    Dec 3, 2005
    Great game.Worth getting.The first one was good but this one can beat it a lot.Im a gran theft auto fan rely but i do enjoy the true crimes.
  4. DanielJ.
    Dec 1, 2005
    it was great from the handling to the shoot out with gangs, tourist, cops, the fighting leauge and races.
  5. jimG
    Oct 27, 2007
    The game is not as bad a s the critics say. The story is a bit cliche'd but functional. The animations can be glitchy and driving is no treat but the music an dactivities make up for the demerits, plus there's this awesome city they built called 'New York' that, while not true to the actual place does it enough justice to make yo want to visit at least once.
  6. Zeke
    Dec 20, 2005
    this is a great game and offers free roaming gameplay. You can buy weapons, cars, fighting moves, music, clothes, food, you can even sell collected evidence in pawn shops. the game does tend to freeze or muck up. I advise people to buy this game!
  7. Tony
    Feb 18, 2006
    I think most of the magazine/internet reviews have been too harsh. The game does have its glitches, but overall it's very fun!
  8. HarryB.
    Aug 16, 2006
    It makes the real new york look bad!The best game i have ever played.I think its better than GTA San Andreas,because,well you can not go into every shop on GTA, but on True Crime NYC you can!
  9. AndyM.
    Sep 27, 2006
    Very fun but a little short. Shouldn't take too long to beat.
  10. BryanR.
    Dec 20, 2005
    love the gameplay but hate it when it freezes up....i thought it was just my ps2 but seeing that the reviews all over the internet says that i know that this game couldve used some work....
  11. BenN.
    Dec 29, 2005
    Solid game, and really fun. The mental ward mission is quality. but the whole game is full of bugs. worth getting though.

#76 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#20 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

If framerate problems doesn't annoy you, then the stupidity of the A.I. may force you to say, "that sh*t is wow, bananas." Enemies are stricken by stupidity, as they'll simply stand there and allow you shoot the living daylights out of them.
  2. The gritty story, varied side missions, and jittery subway rides create the type of seedy environment that's perfect for attracting tourists, gamers, and criminals alike.
    Does a whole lot of things right, but it doesn't take very many risks. What this means is that it's a solid title through and through, but you won't find a whole lot of water cooler moments in there.