8.8

1. Nov 7, 2014
    This is my childhood in a nut shell, this game is excellent with sound, graphics, sociable characters and puzzling gameplay. All of these qualities i would believe helped me learn for later life due to its puzzling nature and variety of problems/characters. Would play this game over anything, outstanding in 2014.
  2. Jan 5, 2014
    Ty is a fantastic game. I loved it in my childhood, I loved it at age 16. The storyline can be good or bad depending on how you look at it. If you go to a level just trying to find Thunder eggs, you arent going to like it. If you go into the level and seeing what it has to offer in all of its glory, you are going to love it. The music to the levels could not have been better written ifTy is a fantastic game. I loved it in my childhood, I loved it at age 16. The storyline can be good or bad depending on how you look at it. If you go to a level just trying to find Thunder eggs, you arent going to like it. If you go into the level and seeing what it has to offer in all of its glory, you are going to love it. The music to the levels could not have been better written if Alan Menkin did it himself. I actually have my own playlists on youtube of Ty soundtracks depending on what mood I am in. I could not be happier with the choice of rangs. They are not flashy, but they get the job done. I think all of the rangs are either necessity or luxury. When used in the right situation, I am delighted to use the rang I need, regardless of which one it is. I think the animations on Ty are flawless, considering the time and console. Ty1 is considered to have animation in spades. Even the particle effects, (minus "Outback Safari" when you are running on the road.), have quite a bit of effort put into them. Water especially, has so much work put into it to not make it look like Ratchet&Clank 1 surface water. Unfortunately, the kaboomerang explosion effect doesnt completely make it to Ty 2. The explosion is there, but the fire particle effect isn't. The levels are so expansive. The larger levels are more expansive as Jak 3's Wasteland, while the smaller levels are about half that. Anyway, the Thunder eggs can be hard to get sometimes. The hardest part is always figuring out how to complete the missions. Once you figure out how, doing it's usually not that hard. There actually are bonuses for beating the game and collecting everything. Beat the game for a bonus world, and collect everything to watch the movies you've seen during the game at any time you want. And as any game, it is always fun to look through all the concept art once you find it. Overall, one of the best games I ever played.

P.S. Sorry to all the people who gave this a good score, I "dislike"d your review. I thought I was still on the Ty 2 reviews.
  3. Dec 15, 2013
    I love this game so much. I've been playing it on and off since i was at least 8... so 8 years! It influences how I am today, all I want to do is explore the wild! I love ty and i love the environments. I am super disappointed by ty 2 3 and 4. I am not sure what to do about it! I have completed the first ty game multiple times and the sequels are just too advanced. the first ty is so downI love this game so much. I've been playing it on and off since i was at least 8... so 8 years! It influences how I am today, all I want to do is explore the wild! I love ty and i love the environments. I am super disappointed by ty 2 3 and 4. I am not sure what to do about it! I have completed the first ty game multiple times and the sequels are just too advanced. the first ty is so down to earth, the sequels are like completely different games. what to do... Expand
  4. Feb 25, 2013
    I highly recommend this game. It's one of my favorite games as a little kid. I picked this back up for nostalgia and I still really liked it. Super underrated, buy so you can see my point.
  5. StevenP.
    Apr 10, 2004
    This game is very fun by the way VICTOR P. IS WRONG!
  6. DominickY.
    Jul 18, 2003
    Wow great workonit. itamzing.
  7. DanielD.
    Jul 5, 2003
    ITS GREAT.
  8. AngelicaA.
    Mar 28, 2003
    Great Game, i played it for a long time. It's a little easy but still challenging, and the graphics are really good.
  9. DavidG.
    Mar 22, 2003
    I love the game. its so amazing i might make a song on it.
  10. BobJ.
    Mar 22, 2003
    it is an amazing game to play and has alot of freedom.
  11. MichelleC.
    Mar 13, 2003
    My kids and I absolutely love this game. Unfortunately, we can't seem to get out of the outback. I wish that there was a stategy book to help us along the way.
  12. AlexisC.
    Feb 25, 2003
    It's very good.
  13. SheilaF.
    Feb 21, 2003
    G'day mates! Yeah I think this game is really super so don't waste your time reading this, go and play it! NOW!! ;D
  14. PamC.
    Feb 18, 2003
    My son loves this game but he can't seem to get through it. He can't find all the cogs.
  15. ShanK.
    Feb 15, 2003
    My son just loves it!! I think there should be more playstation games like this for younger children that doesn't have the violence and destruction most of the playstation games have....there is definitely not enough games geared for the little people!!
  16. JoeyB.
    Jan 2, 2003
    Great Graphics, awesome plot. I think this is the best game of this type since BanjoKazooie & Crash Bandicoot.
  17. Tytiger
    Jan 2, 2003
    Goodday mates i am ty the tasmanian tiger i love all my adoring fans love you always, TY.
  18. StuartB.
    Dec 30, 2002
    It is a great game for people who like adventure. so remember, hanky panky now yall.
  19. YolandaM.
    Dec 29, 2002
    I love this game, graphics are super and looking for the hidden picture frames is a challenge. I like better then Spyro the dragonfly. Not as good as Crash Bandicoot but still entertaining.
  20. Vsd
    Dec 11, 2002
    This game rules. Whoever put it low must not have a brain.
  21. KyleS.
    Dec 10, 2002
    Hey folks for all of yall that like action/adventure games is the best one. Graphics10/10, gameplay 10/10, and sound 10/10. So kids ask for this game for christmas because it is the best game ever ill promise youll like it.~merry christmas~
  22. Hello
    Dec 8, 2002
    V good :D.
  23. M.K.
    Dec 7, 2002
    Best platformer ever! The graphics kill Crash and Spyro.
  24. JackR.
    Nov 4, 2002
    Awesome game.
  25. KoshN.
    Oct 21, 2002
    Is jimmy the tasmanian gunman coming soon?
  26. GeoffS.
    Oct 21, 2002
    This is a great platformer. Lots of other out at the mo but this rocks!

1. The variety in its environments is quite high, and the large number of mission objectives will certainly challenge you for countless hours. However, the overall level of difficulty isn't that high. [Nov 2002, p.46]
  2. And play through you will as the repetitive nature of the game offers very little challenge despite the inclusion of boss battles, secret areas and herding puzzles. At one point you will have to guide a giant lobster into a cave and seal it with falling stalactites.
    A very standard platform game marred by a wonky camera.