8.9

1. Aug 18, 2012
    This game is probably one of the most clever RPG's I've ever played. It makes you think it's a prequel, but then there's all these twists in the plot that make you question the validity of that. These twists are what basically make the story so great in the first place. The music, again composed by Motoi Sakuraba, is fantastic, the graphics are gorgeous, and the combat is addicting. MyThis game is probably one of the most clever RPG's I've ever played. It makes you think it's a prequel, but then there's all these twists in the plot that make you question the validity of that. These twists are what basically make the story so great in the first place. The music, again composed by Motoi Sakuraba, is fantastic, the graphics are gorgeous, and the combat is addicting. My only concern is that the character design, though meticulously detailed, is very wooden because the lip-synching is just terrible. Other than that, if you loved the first Valkyrie Profile, you're definitely gonna love this game. Expand
  2. YaroK
    Jan 24, 2010
    This has to be the most amazing experience on PS2 I've ever had (coupled with Shadow Hearts 2). The graphics are beautiful, the character design excellent, music is, as expected of Motoi Sakuraba, absolutely enthralling, the story is pretty good as well with neat twists. But most of all I completely fell in love with the combat system. After about 30 hours of main campaign there is, This has to be the most amazing experience on PS2 I've ever had (coupled with Shadow Hearts 2). The graphics are beautiful, the character design excellent, music is, as expected of Motoi Sakuraba, absolutely enthralling, the story is pretty good as well with neat twists. But most of all I completely fell in love with the combat system. After about 30 hours of main campaign there is, as usual, the seraphic gate, it took me about 20 more hours to finish that and I never got tired or annoyed by the battles, in fact, I think I'm going to dust it off and play again. If you still think of PS2 as a viable console (meaning you have it somewhere) and never played this, I can only recommend it. Expand
  3. WillS
    Jan 13, 2008
    One of my favorite PS2 games. The game was challenging and exciting. Sometimes it may want you to throw the controller at the screen, but it makes you play on and on.
  4. BenjaminJ.
    Oct 6, 2006
    First it should be pointed out that I think this is the most graphically detailed and beautiful game I've seen on the PS2. The game play is fun, combat is fun, the story is big and grand but without becoming soap oprahish like final fantasy. This game is ALMOST as good as the original, but definatly has better graphics. Small, minute, insignificant complaints are. I don't really First it should be pointed out that I think this is the most graphically detailed and beautiful game I've seen on the PS2. The game play is fun, combat is fun, the story is big and grand but without becoming soap oprahish like final fantasy. This game is ALMOST as good as the original, but definatly has better graphics. Small, minute, insignificant complaints are. I don't really like the armor skill system and it is unfortunate that you don't really get to know yer einheiryar like you did in the first game, they are kinda just throw away character you get bombarded with that aren't important because of yer stock of main characters which are generally more powerful. Still, I haven't been bored with this game once, the levels are awsome and to get every treasure in a dungeon usually involves an odd puzzle kind of platforming that is somewhat unique and very rewarding. The cutscenes are completely beuatiful and colorful and this game supports my HD TV with a 16:9 progressive scan so it looks even more perfect. It IS CHALLANGING at times, but its never TOO hard, I have never died from a far away place and had to recover lots of ground, bosses have killed me but saves are always near by. There is A LOT of side questing that can be done and you can spend lots of time gathering ingredients to make very powerful weapons. Even now I am playing and aquired and item that lets me totally bypass most battles but still I choose to battle frequently for the fun of it. Anyhow really this game has amazed me, so please support VP2! Expand
  5. naurahnazhifah
    Sep 26, 2009
    permainannya seru,, seru bgt...!!!
    bikin penasaran,,,
    makanya aku suka game petualangan...^_^ seharus ny aku bisa kasih 10 tapi,,,, sampe sekaran aku belum bisa nyelesaiinnya,, karena aku susah bgt naik ke ats untuk menuju save,, emg ada globe sih ,, taapi , q g' tw it di gunain unt ap..!!! pls,, sapa yg , tw ksih tw q ya,, kirim ke e-mail q,,, nazhifahn@yahoo.co.id,,,
    permainannya seru,, seru bgt...!!!
    bikin penasaran,,,
    makanya aku suka game petualangan...^_^
    seharus ny aku bisa kasih 10 tapi,,,,

pls,, sapa yg , tw ksih tw q ya,, kirim ke e-mail q,,,
    nazhifahn@yahoo.co.id,,,

semoga yg kasih tw it ,, bisa bahagia,,
    kan buat alicia juga,,, ^_^
    PENASARAN nih..

. o ya ,,, ko kalian susah jelasinnya
    kasih tw aj gimana akhirny ,,!!!
    ya ya... ^_^

sekali lagi thanks... thanks,,, thanks...!!!
  6. KINGSHINE
    Nov 9, 2006
    One of the best rpg's availabe for the ps2 console. The games beautiful graphics along with it's fast pace storyline immerses the player into the mystical world of Norse Mythology. The battle system is unique and one of a kind. Truly a must buy for all rpg fans.
  7. Aug 23, 2013
    Valkyrie Profile Silmeria has an awesome and deep battle system with lot of possibilities. Graphics are fabulous and the OST has many good tracks in it. Great game with a great battle system.
  8. Oct 13, 2014
    Another great game from PS2 library.
    Graphics 10/10
    Sound 8/10
    Gameplay 8/10 (I had fun, but You can get throug entire game just mashing buttons)
    Verdict: If You have PS2 this is one of the best RPG's You can get.

When it's all said and done, Silmeria is a fantastic RPG and a proud trophy that the Playstation 2 will display as one of the finest "farewell" games. Fans of the series will surely rekindle their love for the Norse-inspired tale of redemption, and the game more than provides on the fan-front.
  2. At a length of about thirty hours, the game may be considered short by epic RPG standards, but it also makes the game that much more replayable. [JPN Import]
  3. Finally, a Japanese role-playing game for everyone who hates how talky and slow-moving the genre has become--Silmeria thrusts you into an action-packed quest laden with complex dungeons, tricky puzzles, and plenty of intense, strategic combat. [Sept. 2006, p.104]