Virtua Fighter 4 PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Mar 17, 2002
8.0

1. JimmyW.
    Aug 20, 2004
    I'm surprised y everybodys voting this game so high. i mean its good and all but i think u guys r just scared of putting this game down and wat a tag of stone cold is that canadian wrestlers move( if you dont no wat ime talkin about then use him in sparring)
  2. Alex
    May 20, 2002
    Damn, I might be the only one, but I thought this game was kinda boring and the only really good part was the scenery like if there is snow on the ground an you knock somebody down, it leaves a print in the snow and stuff like that.
  3. GhyhalF.
    May 24, 2004
    This game is over-rated. I rented it for a week from my local rental store, and I bet the game in about I'd say twenty times within that week. But that's not the thing that is only disapointing, it's the over-hyped Kumite mode. It's just Survival mode whre you give a different name to your chosen character. It's honestly way too over-rated. Where as Arcade mode is This game is over-rated. I rented it for a week from my local rental store, and I bet the game in about I'd say twenty times within that week. But that's not the thing that is only disapointing, it's the over-hyped Kumite mode. It's just Survival mode whre you give a different name to your chosen character. It's honestly way too over-rated. Where as Arcade mode is short, Kumite mode is just as boring and pointless as all the other Survival modes in other fighting games, this game stil manages to be quite fun to play, although just barely being able to make-up for its rip-off flaws. First of all, this game RIPPED OFF tekken BIGTIME. where as teken was original gameplay mechanics, Virtua fighter 4 takes the complete basis and elemental value of those gameplay mechanics and made 150+ two-hit combos for your characters. Maybe three hits, if your lucky. Geez, I thought the bouncer was more original and more fun than this game, and yet that game is so under-rated. Another thing I despise about the critics giving this a metascore of 93 (OVER-RATED!!!!!!!!!) IS THAT IN 99.9% OF THE REVIEWS OF THIS GAME, THEY'RE ALWAYS COMPARING SOUL CALIBUR II TO THIS AND SAYING THIS GAME IS "waaaaaaay better, because of t's lovely addictive gameplay. oh, please. Soul Calibur is much, much, much better than this, and unfortunately, the critcs may have loved that too, but they loved Virtua Fighter 4 much better, and I think that's just plain stupidity. Expand
  4. DanteSparda
    Mar 14, 2002
    I know this game deserves better than 7, but I just can judge it for what i've experienced of it so far. And what i've experienced is a 7. No more, no less. I know that the game has a deepness comparable to none, and that I just've played it a couple of times, and I have so much left for discover, but the problem that hasn't allowed me to experience it deeper is the I know this game deserves better than 7, but I just can judge it for what i've experienced of it so far. And what i've experienced is a 7. No more, no less. I know that the game has a deepness comparable to none, and that I just've played it a couple of times, and I have so much left for discover, but the problem that hasn't allowed me to experience it deeper is the same reason that takes away the 3 points from my calification, that would've made it a solid 10. And that problem is just one: It's so goddamn difficult!!!! Why can't they make the game more accessible for newcomers like me? I mean, we know that the game has a lot to offer, but it's unfriendly difficulty level, and Semi-impossible learning curve, haven't allowed me to taste it's real flavor. A real shame. Expand

#9 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#18 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

1. Play Magazine
    Visuals are but one aspect of this game's worth. It's the play that really matters, and VF, as always, plays marvelously. [Mar 2002, p.44]
  2. Though DOA3 may have it beat graphically, no game can touch VF4’s fighting engine. This is the deepest, most dynamic fighter ever created.
    What’s awesome about the gameplay is that you can just pick up a controller and start fighting. Three buttons (block, kick, punch) are all that are needed to master a basic set of moves.