• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Mar 17, 2002
7.8

1. Jul 1, 2012
    When I first played Virtua Fighter 4 I thought it would be a Street Fighter knock-off. But it had some memorable characters with hilariously bad dialogue. The level designs were pretty cool though, and I thoroughly enjoyed being able to knock opponents off the stage. I know this is not in an original concept, but it was implemented well nonetheless. The fighting felt a bit different thanWhen I first played Virtua Fighter 4 I thought it would be a Street Fighter knock-off. But it had some memorable characters with hilariously bad dialogue. The level designs were pretty cool though, and I thoroughly enjoyed being able to knock opponents off the stage. I know this is not in an original concept, but it was implemented well nonetheless. The fighting felt a bit different than other games, and as a big fan of fighting games, that made it cool. It's good to not be able to just use the same button sets as other games, though they're similar enough to be easy to learn by new users. It's a very well done game, though it has its flaws it's a charming game, and it's easily a 7, but adding some nostalgia to my score, it's a solid 8 for me, not to mention, the graphics were stunning and far superior to the Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter contemporaries. Expand
  2. Jun 3, 2012
    It is a fighter that will provide countless hours of fun. Plenty of characters coupled with great graphics, intense fighting, and a lot of combo moves that can be done.
  3. Jun 3, 2012

1. Visuals are but one aspect of this game's worth. It's the play that really matters, and VF, as always, plays marvelously. [Mar 2002, p.44]
  2. Though DOA3 may have it beat graphically, no game can touch VF4’s fighting engine. This is the deepest, most dynamic fighter ever created.
    What’s awesome about the gameplay is that you can just pick up a controller and start fighting. Three buttons (block, kick, punch) are all that are needed to master a basic set of moves.